Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Raytheon Just Keeps Growing [View instapost]
    Smarty--It also lends itself to the portfolios of my grandchildren. It seems safe and should grow for the next 20 years.
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Church & Dwight: Is The Price Too High? [View instapost]
    Mathieu,

Yes. For a while now, I have felt that my style is not typical of publication articles. I need to write my articles the way I do for publication in my brother's newsletter and find the Instablog format makes that easier. If I get a new stock that I have not reviewed before, I will write it up in a published article. Thank you for being a loyal reader!
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Vanguard Health Care ETF (VHT) 2015 Best Sector  [View instapost]
    Dividend Nut,

Thanks for reading. I advise my daughter and her husband on their investments as well as their children. At present diversification is critical in the current market. My grandchildren are saving for college, while my son-in-law is starting a retirement account. I have been writing Instablogs, recently on other sectors, including consumer cyclicals and industrials. I will also be writing on CHD soon since one of my granddaughters will be adding that to her portfolio in January.
    Dec 28, 2014. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raytheon Just Keeps Growing [View instapost]
    Thank you OntheRock for reading! I'm glad RTN worked out for you and I hope you, too have a Happy New Year!
    Dec 28, 2014. 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CCC Dividend Dogs: 60% Edge For 5 Lowest Price High Yield December Stocks [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on CCC Dividend Dogs. High yield investments have taken it on the chin in 2014. The oil price drop has hurt them considerably. Even T has suffered a 3% fall in price over the year. Although PSEC cut its dividend to $1/year, I have placed my dollar cost averaging order at $8.50 using dividends pooled from the portfolio. The yield is still ~12%. Merry Christmas to you!
    Dec 25, 2014. 04:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Top Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Average 11% Nov./Dec. Upsides; 6 More Average 8% Downsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this article on 10 Nasdaq Dogs. I own three of them and like the upsides on CMCSA, QCOM and VOD. I am actively adding new money to CMCSA and think that is the best of the three.
    Dec 10, 2014. 03:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: Implications Of Below NAV Issuance [View article]
    Order filled @ $8.35.
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: Implications Of Below NAV Issuance [View article]
    I pool dividends and drip these into PSEC each month. This weekend AGNC and CTL payed their dividends. I entered a limit order for PSEC @ $8.89. I am building a long-term position.
    Dec 7, 2014. 12:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ace BDCs Score 11-15% Yield; 12-36% Upside; 23-48% Net Gain In December [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on BDC aces. My dividends arrived this weekend from AGNC and CTL and the limit order is in on PSEC @ $8.89.
    Dec 7, 2014. 03:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Natural Gas Exceed 2014 Prices This Season? [View instapost]
    Mathieu,

They look promising. Their dividend record is less than 5 years and that scares me. I like to run studies of 5 years or more to verify their consistency. It would be good to know the percentage of their revenues that are from natural gas. If it is higher than oil, they might be a good buy.
    Dec 7, 2014. 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rotation Into Consumer Cyclicals Makes ROST A Buy [View instapost]
    kolpin,

You make a good point about the strong dollar! I have watched both TGT and WMT for 5 years and never pulled the trigger, due to low yield and slow growth. I was scared away from TGT when they went into Canada and had the data breach. I have looked at TJX and used to shop there, it may be a good buy.
    Dec 7, 2014. 03:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Monthly Dividend Payers See 53% To 108% End-November Upsides [View article]
    Thank you jndblu for that wonderful interview with Grier Eliasek. A fellow UVA engineer! He seems to know his stuff around financials and banking and even natural gas. I didn't know they started as Prospect Energy. I feel like holding on and buying more!
    Dec 4, 2014. 10:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Monthly Dividend Payers See 53% To 108% End-November Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 9 Monthly dividend payers. It has been a rough fall for both LNCO and PSEC, but I'm holding in there and like the prospective numbers that your analysts put up.
    Dec 4, 2014. 03:09 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Equity Investing Or Index Investing [View article]
    Thanks Chowder for this tutorial on Equity Investing. I like your time frame of 20 years and consider it to equal a generation. My Tweed Factor is similar to your Chowder rule and simulates long-term total return. We both agree on ROST as a great investment.
    Dec 2, 2014. 03:49 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Basic Materials Dogs Tail 35% To 200% November Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 10 Basic Materials Dogs. LNCO really took a beating yesterday -18.24%--due to the oil stocks crash. It was hard to stomach. However, they haven't cut the dividend so the 17% yield looks great. I had another one like this before (FTR) and had to wait several years for it to come back. I ride them into the ground if they still look fundamentally good to me.
    Nov 29, 2014. 08:49 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment