Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • S&P 500 And Aristocrat Dividend Dogs Track 2.6% To 10% June Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on S&P 500 and Aristocrat Dividend Dogs. I can agree on VZ 9.21% upside, I have a price target of 4% yield ($53 on mine). I agree with T 2.66% upside, I have a price target of 5% yield ($36.8) on mine. I note DRI did not raise their dividend this time and is in danger on joining the Frozen Angels on David Fish's CCC charts.

I think that NUE is about to take off, but it is down -1.75% so far this year with dividends reinvested. Being a cyclical, my price projections are too high at the bottom of the cycle and I am projecting a 2% yield price of $74 based on projected earnings of $3.54 in 2015.
    Jun 20 10:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Contenders: 16 Increases Expected In The Next 11 Weeks [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this update on the Dividend Contenders list of prospective dividend increases. SJM is caught up in the food industry consolidation. They are up only 2.74% in price so far this year with reinvested dividends. But with global geopolitical tensions, food industry consolidation, coffee price increases and long-term interest rate questions there may be price movement coupled with a dividend increase to make this a buy.
    Jun 16 08:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 MoPay Dividend Dogs Score 13% To 31% Mid-June Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on 5 MOpay dogs. It seems that global geopolitical issues are upstaging stock markets. Oil and gas supplies are suddenly being placed in jeopardy in several countries. LNCO and LINE have started to move and the question now is can artificially increased demand be met by their supply? PSEC can't catch a break with bankruptcy of one of their customers and failed buyout issues. We could have a hot time in the old town this summer!
    Jun 16 08:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Challengers: 17 Increases Expected By August 29 [View article]
    Thanks NV_GARY, I'll look into that one.
    Jun 16 03:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Annaly's Dividend Payout Over A Full Business Cycle? [View article]
    Thank you Tim Mcalleenan for these thoughts on the business cycle and NLY. I agree with you, including your thoughts on diversification of this mREIT. I hold AGNC and MTGE and feel good about their prospects, too.

Jun 15 08:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Challengers: 17 Increases Expected By August 29 [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this update on expected dividend increases by Dividend Challengers. I have been watching CLMT for a while and feel that a 5th year of dividend increase would bode well for this stock. This industry is reacting to geopolitical events and seems headed higher. Likewise, TGH seems to be benefitting from a pickup in global trade, but is still a value, with the above 4% yield.
    Jun 15 04:02 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Financial Dividend Dogs Dig 10% To 12% June Upsides [View article]
    Interesting Times--Thanks for the advice. You are the first to deepen my education on BDCs, but not the first to tell me to buy PSEC. I think I'll take you up on it as soon as funds are available.
    Jun 14 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Financial Dividend Dogs Dig 10% To 12% June Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 4 Financial Dogs. I am quite pleased with MTGE, noting that it is up 17.7% so far this year without reinvesting dividends. It has almost climbed back to my average cost of $24.10 and is providing a 10.79% yield on my average cost. Last year devastated the mREITs.

Just when I feel like pulling the trigger on PSEC, they come out with another headline of a failed acquisition or bankruptcy of one of their customers. I really like the 13% yield, but have not totally figured out this business. This one reminds me of BP. Just when I had made my mind up to buy it, they blew the Macondo oil well.
    Jun 14 05:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Caterpillar's 17% Dividend Increase Make It A Buy? [View article]
    zgb952--Thank you for your comment and answer to my topic question. With the new $.70/quarter dividend and the current Thompson Reuters I/B/E/S earnings estimates of $6.23, $7.16, and $8.11 for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016, I calculate a 2014 payout ratio of 44.9% and for 2015 39.1%. I feel that these ratios are low enough to continue to raise the dividend at a rate close to 17% per year. The 5-yr earnings estimate growth from the above report is 30.2% annual earnings growth rate.
    Jun 13 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 MoPay Dividend Dogs Tally 10% To 27% June Upsides [View article]
    Miz--You flatter me!
    Jun 12 03:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Caterpillar's 17% Dividend Increase Make It A Buy? [View article]
    Thanks Miz. I knew someday I would have to show my face here and Seeking Alpha made me do it! I guess I won't be able to fool anyone now about my age.

I have read about the motion detectors in Progressive Farmer and know that they have worked for many people. I can actually come out and shout at the herd that comes to eat my garden and they take little notice. My wife doesn't want me to hurt or scare Bambi, so I changed my diet. My neighbors were getting tired of all the extra beans and squash, anyway.
    Jun 12 03:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 MoPay Dividend Dogs Tally 10% To 27% June Upsides [View article]
    Good point, Miz. I try not to say that I'm chasing yield.
    Jun 12 03:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Caterpillar's 17% Dividend Increase Make It A Buy? [View article]
    dolson--Thanks for your comments. You selected your entry price well. When CAT dropped that low, I picked up some shares to round out the position that I started at $90. Good luck in your investing!
    Jun 12 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Caterpillar's 17% Dividend Increase Make It A Buy? [View article]
    Rudester--You're quite welcome!
    Jun 12 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Caterpillar's 17% Dividend Increase Make It A Buy? [View article]
    MAYHAWK--Thanks for your comments and history on CAT. You have made a sound purchase and if it gets to $120, you have doubled your money. Your 4.52% YOC is commendable. I have been wrestling with the thought of how to treat a cyclical stock and originally went into this one with the same idea that you have now, sell half at the double and play with house money. I find that my timing is usually off on my sales and have moved on to limiting position size in any SPY sector for sales criteria or purchase in other sectors to balance out the over-sized position. This has saved me from selling a winner too soon on several occasions.
    Jun 12 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment