Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Monthly Versus Quarterly Dividends: The 30-Year Case Of A Popular mREIT [View article]
    Thanks Chris Davis for an instructive analysis of the new monthly dividend for AGNC vs the quarterly payment. I wish to instruct my grandchildren on compounding of dividends using your article and wish you would change the final monthly calculation in bold from quarterly as you have written to monthly. Several members of our family have invested in AGNC for the past several years and it sure makes you feel good during times like the last week.
    Oct 11, 2014. 08:01 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 0f 3 Russell Dividend Dog Indices Favor Lowest-Priced High Yielders [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for 2 of 3 Russell Dividend Dogs. I hold both MTGE and AGNC and note that they have held up well during the current downdraft. A 26% gain for MTGE would be appreciated. AGNC has switched to monthly dividend payment and I hope MTGE follows suit. These stocks do well in a falling 10-yr treasury bond interest rate environment.
    Oct 9, 2014. 01:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Russell 1000 Dogs Rip 21% To 57% September Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 7 Russell 1000 Dogs. I hold the last on your list AGNC and note that it has recently become a monthly dividend payer.

Oct 6, 2014. 05:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell General Mills And Buy Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Thanks Ray for this thorough comparison of PG and GIS. PG is a core stock in my portfolio first purchased in 1980 @4% yield. I have invested in it on and off until they started the drip plan. I made strategic purchases around 2000 when the price dropped and have continued to drip this stock. I have never sold a share. I am quite pleased with the yield + dividend growth rate, looking for a 10% annual return perpetually.
    Oct 5, 2014. 05:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency (AGNC) Goes Monthly [View instapost]
    Good for you, Miz!
    Oct 5, 2014. 03:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency (AGNC) Goes Monthly [View instapost]
    Smarty--The leaves are changing all around me here in Bumpass. The colors are just beginning to become spectacular. I sat out on the deck this morning and just watched them for hours.
    Oct 4, 2014. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Nascent Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Bust 18% To 28.5% September Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this article on 6 Nasdaq Dogs. I have been increasing my position in CMCSA this year as it floats along with a 3.24% growth year to date. I am waiting for the merger with Time Warner Cable for some higher growth. Your 17.8% growth for next year would be appreciated. For now, I'll just accumulate.
    Oct 4, 2014. 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Deft Dow Dogs Denote 11% To 20% September Price Surge [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for the 8 Deaf Dow Dogs. There are many catalysts for movement of the stocks in your list; especially GE (with divestment and refocus), UTX and BA (with geopolitical instability), V, AXP and JPM with capital markets consolidation and VZ with structural changes in media and telecommunications. However, the one I like from a growth standpoint is CAT (+12.59% with dividends reinvested so far this year).
    Sep 29, 2014. 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nucor: More Upside In Store For This Steelmaker [View article]
    Thank you Anup Singh for this thorough report on NUE. I bought it in 2011 at the 4% yield point and have been quite pleased with its 15% growth per year including dividends reinvested. I agree that the economy is picking up and NUE could grow at the rate of 30% per year with increasing dividends (27% growth with dividends in 2013).
    Sep 28, 2014. 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retired Investors: Learn The Success Secret Of All Great Value Investors: Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks Chuck Carnevale for this treatise on retired investor's proper risk considerations. I agree with you, especially on knowing the intrinsic value of the stocks in the portfolio. I strive for 10% yield (preferably paid monthly) for the 25% of my portfolio that is high yield. After 15 years of retirement, I have found that my expenses have risen yearly. Today, I picked up more LNCO at the open ($29.37) even though it was down yesterday and looked like free fall today. I think it is worth $29 at present (paying $2.90 annual dividend) It has bounced around all day, but is still at $29.44. This fits my dollar cost averaging procedure for these high yield stocks. It is hard for this stock to fall below the 10% yield point. I think it will go back to raising the dividend this year, but am happy with the current monthly dividend.
    Sep 23, 2014. 01:19 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: More Than Just A Bond Substitute [View article]
    Thank you Tom Arnold for a well reasoned case for PG. I have been a long time holder and dripper when they started the program. Over the long term, I believe total return of dividend growth stocks, like PG = yield + 5yr dividend growth rate. With the current yield 3.2% and 5yr dividend growth rate of 8.8% I get a value of 12%. Since I drip the stock, this jives closely with my 5 year return of 10% annually. Over the long run, this stock is cyclical as can be seen by the dip in 2008 and climb back up to today. My original purchase was in 1980 @4% yield and for long term buys, that would be my yield point. I am satisfied with the 10% annual return and note that the yield is growing toward my 4% requirement for strategic purchase. For short term trades, I would not consider a strategic purchase until the P/E drops to 12. I still think it is overpriced and only a drip investment.
    Sep 22, 2014. 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Monthly Pay Dividend Dogs Tag 16% To 45.6% Early September Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on 9 monthly paying dogs. Both of my current dollar cost averaging stocks appear at the bottom of your chart. LNCO has settled around $30 which I think is a fair price. PSEC has been volatile and my last order filled at $10.16. At present it is back to $10.21 and I like that price and 13% yield.
    Sep 18, 2014. 03:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Got my monthly PSEC at $10.16 on the open. It fell further to $10.11.
    Sep 15, 2014. 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Miz--You and me both!
    Sep 15, 2014. 03:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    smurf,

I read it and see that he is out of PSEC. I think of this stock as similar to LNCO during last year's long winter. The management seems to have a plan for increasing the yield of the portfolio. I'm sticking with dollar cost averaging, having faith. I'll probably pick up your shares on the first trade if the market continues its downtrend today.
    Sep 15, 2014. 03:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment