I'm an old school engineer, been active in the market since the 1980s. I have nothing to sell here, just looking to get feedback on ideas... I analyze companies using same techniques I learned for other engineering systems - look at the best tradeoffs of performance, reliability, and costs for a given environment. I do have a bias that a dollar put into my pocket is worth a lot more than than a dollar sitting in someone ease's spread sheet.
- Description: Occasional investor. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Energy stocks, REITs, Retirement savings, Tech stocks
Currently, there is no company profile for nstollon.
Currently, there are no blog details for nstollon.
On-Chip Instrumentation This book provides an in-depth overview of on chip instrumentation technologies and various approaches taken in adding instrumentation to System on Chip (ASIC, ASSP, FPGA, etc.) design that are collectively becoming known as Design for Debug (DfD). On chip instruments are hardware based blocks that are added ...More
to a design for the specific purpose and improving the visibility of internal or embedded portions of the design (specific instruction flow in a processor, bus transaction in an on chip bus as examples) to improve the analysis or optimization capabilities for a SoC. DfD is the methodology and infrastructure that surrounds the instrumentation. Coverage includes specific design examples and discussion of implementations and DfD tradeoffs in a decision to design or select instrumentation or SoC that include instrumentation. Although the focus will be on hardware implementations, software and tools will be discussed in some detail.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Latest Comments more »
- An interesting followup to ... on Is Intel The Chip Foundry Better Than Intel The...
- They tell a good story, but... on Looking At Fundamental Questions In MLP Investment
- Ultimately, dividend growth... on Crumbling Dividend Stocks Give You Warnings
- Bruce, Thanks for insightfu... on Looking At Fundamental Questions In MLP Investment
- Actually, I have been think... on Income Criteria For Fear And Loathing Stocks
Latest comments on nstollon's Articles
- nstollon on Is Intel The Chip Foundry Better Than Intel The...
- astarr66 on Looking At Fundamental Questions In MLP Investment
- nstollon on Looking At Fundamental Questions In MLP Investment
- GD on Looking At Fundamental Questions In MLP Investment
- sportscliche on Looking At Fundamental Questions In MLP Investment