NullDelta

View NullDelta's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Whole Foods Is A Sell Going Into Earnings [View article]
    this article is pretty shallow, very light stuff

Don't put the cart before the horse - if WFM reports poor quarterlies, it doesn't mean this analysis was correct, nor should you base your future investment decisions based on his stuff
    Jul 27, 2014. 02:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Targets Enterprise Clients With Strategic Salesforce.com Partnership [View article]
    "Microsoft is increasingly targeting enterprise customers to reignite sales of Windows through new hardware launches"

brilliant insight!

I didn't realize that Microsoft was positioning themselves to target enterprise in FY 2015 and beyond!

I heard that Microsoft was changing their payment model for Windows to become more subscription based - but you think otherwise?
    Jun 15, 2014. 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3-D Industry Playbook, Short And Long Term [View article]
    Yea, I've submitted a r-f-correction. I normally don't let such grammatical slips through but this was a result of several factors..

Too bad you'd stop reading because of this... after all, it happens quite often in professional sell-side reports as well. Oh well
    Feb 27, 2014. 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3-D Industry Playbook, Short And Long Term [View article]
    DDD earnings are on Friday, I said short term bullish... I'd personally be buying but I have money making money in other things ;)

I don't set trends, I accept them, but I've worked and seen 3D printers up close to realize a few things
    Feb 27, 2014. 02:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3-D Industry Playbook, Short And Long Term [View article]
    Please elaborate, I see a lot of interesting tangents possible with 3D printing - I don't think the best way to benefit from the industry is through these 2 stocks, that's all ;)
    Feb 26, 2014. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dimension Reducing 3D Printers - A Lateral And Vertical View [View article]
    "one of many forms of data storage in what was an already established market"

CD's were going to make people go paperless, it was the sensation of those times, same as now. Just a bit too much. I hope it's clear that I don't think 3D printing will disappear in 10 years.

"government-backed schemes funding programs in schools to encourage and embrace this software and hardware from a young age"

I've interacted with 2 different startups trying to disrupt the education space - so I've seen some interesting insights and approaches about how to look at education. I completely agree with you in how this will broaden what kind of technology the younger generation will have access too.

However, you're forgetting that an investment of this length as the government sees it, is for generations. Emphasis on the g-word. This is significantly longer than the medium term outlook I had in mind when writing this article.

Feb 24, 2014. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking At Intangibles Of The 3D Industry Through A Microscope [View article]
    True, but you need to understand how technology is re-used.

To say "I believe 3D printing is a lot wider application than just HDD or SSD" and allows for more applications than storage is a logical fallacy. I had a chart of different types of technologies and how they consolidated into a technical victor but I didn't include it, I had some gaps that I didn't have time to fill in.

In certain cases, energy efficient printing maybe needed
    -Ok. Completely agree. What about smartphones? They need energy efficiency, they must have engineered a new type of battery given how much money is in the smartphone market. No. They didn't. They changed how the processors worked with memory access, more prefetch, less computations. Coding paradigms like 'awake' and 'asleep' states with proper memory management were heavily enforced. They didn't reinvent the wheel.

another speed of printing.
    -Definitely. Let's look at processors as a whole. If you look at the touted advancements in dual-core, quad-core. I"ll say that the advancements today could be easily explained to an Intel engineer in the 90's. And processors are more or less a billion times faster than the ones in the 90's

will require a different material/ability to print with a variety of materials
    -Yea, I said above that most household things were made from a mixture of fabrics, plastics, metals, and electronics.

I can see why you're saying these two technologies are different and can't be compared, but what I'm looking for is their disruption to the existing technologies.

CD: "HD's are slow and bulky, they aren't modular like us"
    3D Printers: "Infilling and molding takes a long time, they aren't as quick as we are"

CD: "store anything on us, data, video, audio"
    3D Printers: "We can make anything (limited to plastic/metal)"

I think 3D will change our world, the direct benefactors aren't going to be the companies producing the 3D printers - but startups/companies that can cleverly use them as effective tools.
    Feb 24, 2014. 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking At Intangibles Of The 3D Industry Through A Microscope [View article]
    In the meantime these startups will be saddled with heavy debt loads to keep running and a good portion of any revenues they raise will go to debt service.

-Are you sure about this? Debt service at a startup? 99% of startups I've seen don't 'service' their debt and they don't collapse from it as well - but you should read TheVerge or TechCrunch if you're interested in the entrepreneurial space, I've been part of some personally.

Thus further crippling their ability to survive. As a few of them collapse and leave consumers high and dry, without support or supplies, consumers will become wary of small companies attempting to offer them products.

-have you ever been on Kickstarter? When startups phase out because of their 'inability to service their debt', others do come in, the support teams more than willing to help new customers adjust to their own offerings. Again, I see it happen everyday

I'm really confused where you coming from, I said the intangibles are a proxy for understanding how the firms themselves view the technology, it's not the same as software patents. How do you think Apple couldn't do OTA syncing in Germany for years?
    Feb 23, 2014. 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking At Intangibles Of The 3D Industry Through A Microscope [View article]
    Submitted a request for correction, the amortization expenses are actually accelerating as per our graph. Made a mistake when I was taking new screenshots at night and adding comments.

;) someone actually read it
    Feb 23, 2014. 09:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking At Intangibles Of The 3D Industry Through A Microscope [View article]
    Yes, I agree with you on the whole - 3D printing is here to stay, but if it comes down to a question of stock prices and thus investing - the approach needs to be different.

I'll be releasing at least 2 more articles that focus on this closely.
    Feb 23, 2014. 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking At Intangibles Of The 3D Industry Through A Microscope [View article]
    Shallow assumptions? Like what? You haven't listed one

I remember the .com markets lured investors too ... ;)
    Feb 23, 2014. 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking At Intangibles Of The 3D Industry Through A Microscope [View article]
    Definitely, our original breakdown of the 3D industry was roughly 30 pages long. We couldn't get it published in one go - but we definitely agree and think there's a big difference between the stock and the technology.
    Feb 23, 2014. 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Get Direct Exposure To Big Data [View article]
    If I read that correctly, 8 years? Depending on your cost basis, you could be up 170%

Trading is not the same as investing - ie. this article. I'd be happy with anything above $50 to placate myself and at around 170% gain over 8 years - that's an annual 7%, very solid gains

As for breaking out of its range - yes, I think after the influx of vendors by startups/mature companies alike, you'll see consolidation. I would say AKAM is positioned very well
    Nov 5, 2013. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Get Direct Exposure To Big Data [View article]
    Definitely - It's one of the only ways to invest in Pivotal - the child of VMWare and EMC.

Investment by GE, solid top management~

Because EMC is an indirect investment, I didn't want to include it -
    Nov 5, 2013. 01:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Speculative Stock Poised To Bounce [View article]
    No my friend.

Carriers sell the phone at cost since they are philanthropists, also, there is no development costs with the phone that is inherently spread out over every phone. The manufacturers aren't paid for component outsourcing, or logistics consulting and planning either.

FedEx and UPS have also signed a deal with BBRY stating it will ship all z10s and future Blackberry phones for free to phone distribution centers worldwide (think warehouses etc), you can find information on that if you google 'FedEx UPS Blackberry probono deal'. All the customs in the world also don't charge any taxes or excise for importing into the respective countries.

The math is Rogers/Bell price ($650) subtract the estimated raw material price.
    Feb 25, 2013. 11:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment