NY2LA

View NY2LA's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Massive Cyclicals Euphoria [View article]
    I concur. Stock prices and recent performance for the sector are totally disconnected from reality. BTU is still very profitable by any measure. Coal= losses?? This is the type of rhetoric and misinformation that has infected the sector and has helped to exacerbate the current challenges the industry is facing. There will be survivors and winners.
    Sep 13 04:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You're A Fiscal Conservative, But Your Portfolio Wants A Democrat In The White House [View article]
    Certainly a Republican and a staunch fiscal and social conservative. But perhaps not as polarized as some other members of the party. Dont worry, Im a Romney guy and still a very big fan of one of America's greatest families ...The Bush's. My conclusion is defensive you know... Just food for thought. I have seen this idea in print before but no one ever really offers reasoning. Not that I really did. However, some advice: numbers work better than metaphors.
    Sep 14 05:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Reversion to the mean.Certainly a good place to start as a counter point and I have always believed on a long enough timescale the markets will trade higher in perpetuity ( with a lot of swings obviously) and there is very little anyone (or party) can do about that. But I will not pretend to be a mathematician and it would be difficult for me to substantiate that claim with hard data in an article.
    My hope was really to spark conversation and perhaps have others offer potential reasons (as you just did).
    Do I really believe the democrats sat down on Jan 1st and made decisions that immediately affected the markets for the better? No, of course not. Did I reference any specific democratic policy that I believed helped the markets or economy? No. Did I endorse Obama. No.

As a Republican, I support Mitt Romney. Im just not going to turn in my citizenship and move to Canada if Obama wins. I might even continue to trade...Thats all Im saying

Thank you.

Sep 15 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    About...
    Sep 14 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Percentage of GDP...thats what the bar graph was focused on. I am fully aware of the looming fiscal catastrophe. As I stated in the article I painted this picture with some "broad strokes". I'll remind our readers again that I am a Republican and understand thoroughly the dilemma our nation faces and how the current president has made matters worse. However, i do not control the stock market and there is unequivocal proof that it just so happens to do better under Democratic administrations. Why? Is it coincidence? Is there quite possibly a "lag effect" on Republican policy that impacts the economy in a positive way years after that Republican president has left office. I dont know. Congress, the House, they certainly play a role. Emerging industries, wars, they also come in to the equation? Dont shoot the messenger.
    Sep 14 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook (FB +4.9%) shoots higher in response to Mark Zuckerberg's remarks, which included strong hints Facebook will build a search engine. Google (GOOG -0.7%) is slipping even though tech is up. Should Facebook get involved in search, Google would still have a giant user base, billions in invested R&D, and mountains of query data on its side. But Facebook's own user data and huge share of Web usage could nonetheless make it a legit competitor. And even moderate share gains from Facebook could dent Google's search ad pricing. (more[View news story]
    Hooray! investors lucky enough to obtain FB @ the IPO price of $38 are now only down 44.9%. any way you slice it...one of the worst IPO's ever! Grant Hill, Vince Carter and many others were proclaimed the next Michael Jordan and in the end there was and still is only one...FB is no MJ and never will be...I would put my money in GOOG or even MSFT before FB.
    Sep 13 12:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ArcelorMittal: A Smart And Simple Strategy To Significantly Boost Your Potential Returns [View article]
    Was pulling out of the Macarthur Coal deal with BTU the smartest thing ever? Where would they be today?
    Sep 12 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment