NYC Trader

View NYC Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 4 Dow Stocks That Puncture The 'Bubble' Case [View article]
    Your definition means absolutely nothing without a context... that was the point of my articles - establishing a context. Everyone knows that a bubble means "absurd valuations"... but the valuations are not so absurd unless you dig deeper and do that worthless analysis.

I think it's good that you've defined a bubble in simplistic terms. But it means absolutely nothing to me without that context.
    Jun 5 08:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dow Stocks That Puncture The 'Bubble' Case [View article]
    If you're going to call my analysis worthless, at least do your fellow SA writer a favor and represent my analysis correctly. In fact, my thesis was actually correct and led to about a 20% drop on the stocks within the Nasdaq that I said were in bubble territory. The stocks I said were trading at a discount have done extremely well. So I take it you misunderstood my thesis and perhaps only read the title?

The market is complex. Not everyone will define a "bubble" in your simplistic terms.
    Read my 3 articles again and educate yourself before you wage your attacks...

Jun 5 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Continues To Bleed Market Share [View article]
    This isn't funny any more Michael Blair. I don't know what your motivation is for writing your articles - but let me remind you, you started when Apple was trading at about 415-420 and Apple is now trading at 590. It's time to come up with a better narrative than your silly market share argument that has clearly not been the driver of Apple's stock price (since they've actually gone up 40% during that time period when you claimed they've been "losing" market share).
    May 4 09:40 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of 2 Tech Sectors [View article]
    I'm just saying it's interesting that I wrote an article named A Tale of 2 Nasdaqs as a follow up to the other one in which I specified those exact stocks (Apple, Intel, and MSFT - I also included CSCO) as trading at a deep discount in the tech sector. I spent many many many hours doing that research. Just saying...
    Apr 29 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of 2 Tech Sectors [View article]
    Interesting how I've been writing these exact ideas during the past few months in articles named "A Tale Of 2 Nasdaqs: This Bubble Is Real" and "Yes, The Nasdaq Bubble Is Definitely Here"

Apr 29 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Up 37% Year-Over-Year. What Now? [View article]
    I'm doing my homework :)
    Apr 28 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Up 37% Year-Over-Year. What Now? [View article]
    who said I am an active trader? I have a VERY long-term horizon, which is why I love Apple so much. I like finding discount stocks. When Apple is at 750, I'll have to evaluate the Index, macro-conditions, peers, etc. When I invest, I make sure to calculate my risks carefully.
    Apr 28 08:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Up 37% Year-Over-Year. What Now? [View article]
    Are you referring to this?

"and yes, I bought back - most recently at $422"

That was the last time I purchased shares... hence "most recently". I've held since.
    Apr 28 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Up 37% Year-Over-Year. What Now? [View article]
    @watch - this is interesting. i've thought about this as well. it would be an excellent alternative to repatriating.
    Apr 28 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Up 37% Year-Over-Year. What Now? [View article]
    1. Pseudonymous writing gives many authors, including myself, the opportunity to write. For many reasons, we otherwise wouldn't be able to. SA knows who I am - so rest assured, when they publish my articles, they're doing so because they actually know me and have confidence in my writing. I am NOT, as you say, anonymous.
    2. I specifically checked my statements to make sure I gave the correct prices for my sales & purchases of shares. See my earlier Apple articles - my sentiments have been consistent with my purchases and sales. About March of last year, I wrote an article stating why some in the investment community were trading Apple irresponsibly...
    3. I'm not sure how knowing my real name would give you any more information about my actual positions - if let's say I was trying to deceive. Authors on SA write to express their views about the market - which is what I've done.

Thanks for your comment.
    Apr 28 09:43 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple +7% AH; iPhone strength provides a lift to margins [View news story]
    Looking forward to hearing from Michael Blair.
    Apr 23 05:11 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competitors Are Like Piranhas Chewing Up Apple [View article]
    I just looked at this Moto G. It looks like the watered down version of the Moto X. This is NOT a premium offering. They're attracting the discount market - not the market Apple targets, which will be more of an issue for Samsung than Apple.
    Apr 8 04:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competitors Are Like Piranhas Chewing Up Apple [View article]
    @roc I just read about this - it's certainly troublesome and raises some questions.
    Apr 8 03:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competitors Are Like Piranhas Chewing Up Apple [View article]
    "The fact is that the new Moto G in the United Kingdom is winning a lot of business from people who might otherwise have bought an iPhone"

Evidence? If you can't show me evidence in the form of hard numbers or surveys, then I'm really sorry - but I equate that statement to a fairy tale.

"There is not much "luxury" in an iPhone, just a tired design"

You clearly know 0 about Apple or its ecosystem that has been pointed in surveys to be far superior to Android or your precious Blackberry.

"The luxury smartphone players are Savelli Jardin Secret; Gresso Radical; Mobiado Professional; Tonini Lamboghini Antares; and Vertu Constellation."

I am sure whatever it is you listed above is very seriously threatening Apple. Why do I even bother? You started writing your negative articles about Apple about this time last year and investors have a 23% return if they did the OPPOSITE of what you told them. That's all the evidence I need. You're clearly WRONG. And if you think you're right - then you owe it to your audience to give them a time horizon so they can start grading your performance. Your performance 1 yr later is F, unless losing money is considered a good thing.
    Apr 8 01:51 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competitors Are Like Piranhas Chewing Up Apple [View article]
    "Apple now has competitors. Here are some of them."

If what you listed above are Apple's competitors, then Hyundai and Kia are Mercedes' and BMW's competitors. It's like taking consumers' preferences and their desire for luxury goods and saying to them, "Too bad, I don't care about consumers' preferences. I am Michael Blair and in my world, luxury and discount goods are the same exact thing!"

Which one of those competitors listed above have a top 5 global brand? Which one of those competitors have operating margins close to Apple's? Which are serious players in the luxury smartphone space?

Answer: None.