NYC Trader

View NYC Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Tesla: Very Disruptive And Extremely Irrational [View article]
    What's interesting is that because I am saying their stock is trading irrationally, people immediately assume that I am also a Tesla hater. DISCLOSURE: I am actually a huge Tesla fan and my model shows that the company WILL succeed (I hope that it does) - that doesn't mean the stock is trading correctly.
    Oct 25 09:01 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekend action sobers up analysts' view of iPhone sales [View news story]
    Ha 9 million. So when will Wall Street stop listening to Gene Munster and start listening to me?

These guys throw numbers out as if they know what they're talking about. It's ridiculous.
    Sep 23 08:34 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DOJ proposes e-book remedies for Apple case [View news story]
    Were you following the case? They alleged price fixing because Apple negotiated higher prices on Apple products. There was not even preponderance of evidence that there was any wrongdoing on Apple's part. This is a scam case and they'll 100% win in appeals.
    Aug 2 11:19 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Better Duck - Apple's Unit Profits Are Falling [View article]
    1. Assumption that they'll have a linear decline in EPS is outrageous. You could say that it's a very bearish case scenario, but that's assuming that their new line up of products will not take into consideration declining margins. That's assuming that the brightest minds in the world are dumber than you.

2. At the current valuation, you're paying for future cash flows - which are incredible relative to your other options. Your assumption that Apple will crash and burn linearly is quite bizarre.
    Apr 25 11:49 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Are Missing Apple's China Opportunity [View article]
    how many people do you know?
    Apr 17 05:02 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investing In Apple Is Riskier Than You Think [View article]
    With all due respect, your argument of "competitors" and "TDAD" was true 10 years ago as well. It was true 5 years ago. It was true 2 years ago. In fact, it was probably always true. + Steve Jobs was considered a liability for the stock in 1996. The stock dropped 40% after he came back to Apple and replaced the CEO back then.

And also, I am sorry, but to write an investment case based on your imaginations is a little far-fetched. I mean that constructively.
    Mar 20 10:11 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Last Year I Said Sell -- Buy Now? [View article]
    All the things you mentioned in your article, margin erosion, uncertainty, declining revenues are technically "priced in" to the current valuation. But that's not really how the market trades. The market is not efficient. Investors erratically flee stocks with so much negative sentiment, so not only are all the things you mentioned "priced in" but Apple is additionally priced for a catastrophe as well. You say you're a 100% in cash. Well, Apple is 35% in cash, probably for the same reason you are in cash. Market cap-ex cash, they are valued at 6x. What you're really saying is that you don't just believe that Apple is done growing. What you believe is that they're falling off a cliff to the point where they SHOULD be trading way under the discount rate. And I think that is a very weird assumption since they are generating cash this quickly.
    Mar 13 10:41 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jefferies' Peter Misek cuts his price target on Hold-rated Apple (AAPL) to $420 from $500. He's slashing his revenue numbers and seeing about a 25% chance the company misses Q1 guidance after Jefferies' recent supplier checks. "Historically when handset makers fall out of favor, they fall faster/further than expected." Shares -0.7% premarket. [View news story]

This guy sounds like a momentum trader more than an analyst. Which way is the wind blowing? Where is everyone running to? Can I join? lol.
    Mar 12 08:02 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yes, The Nasdaq Bubble Is Definitely Here [View article]
    I wouldn't say 75%. You still have companies that are trading at multiples they didn't trade at during the bubble (like ebay & yahoo). I would also say that we're nowhere near the dot com bubble and neither would I expect an 80% drop in the index. But I definitely think any serious challenges to some of the growth companies I've mentioned would have a broader effect on the Nasdaq that would bring it in line with the S&P 500. So yea I'd say a 40% pullback wouldn't surprise me.
    Feb 21 05:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple's iPhone Losing The Smartphone War? [View article]
    Incorrect. There is no "trend" towards full featured lower cost handsets since Apple's unit shipments ARE GROWING not DECLINING. Both low cost AND iPhone shipments are growing - iPhone shipments are growing slower than low cost phones - but that is expected. You can't possibly expect premium iPhone shipments to grow at the same pace as AN ENTIRE LOW COST INDUSTRY. The world is not made up of 7 billion people who can afford iPhones.

Criticize away - but Apple is the company retaining enormous cash piles.
    Nov 22 12:21 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple's iPhone Losing The Smartphone War? [View article]
    Your first link is "More Android users switching to iPhone than vice versa" and your other links don't suggest anything close to what you're saying. I don't really understand where you're getting your numbers.
    Nov 22 10:27 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung extends smartphone crown [View news story]
    Apple is likely going to sell 170 million units in 2014 at higher margins than the garbage phone you're promoting. What you're really saying is that Ferrari was keeping up in unit shipments with Honda... NOT BAD!
    Nov 15 03:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung extends smartphone crown [View news story]
    This is pure garbage. Keep in mind they're reporting on the quarter where Apple had no refreshes and people were likely anticipating a new phone. Samsung on the other hand had a new release at the end of Q2, which means that the majority of their smartphones were sold in Q3. Let's see what happens in Q4 - Gartner comes out with a report saying that "suddenly Apple takes an enormous market share lead, totally unexpected"

I wrote about the iPad market share here... refuting the same exact garbage:

How dumb are these people?
    Nov 15 03:10 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Is Apple's Worst Nightmare [View article]
    Ashraf, you can have your opinions, but at least do some analysis. You did no analysis. All you said was "buy these cool companies and bring them in house for a savings!" But you didn't show us if what you're claiming is actually true. The issue I have with your analysis is that most of the time it's incomplete. I am left scratching my head - as if to say "ok this is interesting, let me jump to the analysis portion" YET THERE IS NEVER ANY ANALYSIS (at least the articles I've read). It's just your opinion without any good evidence. Anyway, this was definitely better than your article about Tesla reminding you of Apple, so I guess we should celebrate the improvement.
    Nov 7 06:48 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple's iPad Losing The Tablet War? [View article]
    "iPhones are always referred to as "premium" when in fact they cost less than the Samsung Galaxies"

I am going to assume that like others who like to hate on Apple, you don't actually have any evidence for your claims.
    Nov 4 03:37 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment