Ocean Man

View Ocean Man's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Sold at $67.90. Gain of 7.1% intra-day.
    Aug 6, 2014. 03:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Bought STRT at $63.42.
    Aug 6, 2014. 09:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Nice job 683.
    Jul 28, 2014. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Lost 1.6% on one and made 2.0% on the other.
    Jul 28, 2014. 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    PGC's revenues were up nicely, but didn't beat an estimate by 10% (according to SA).
    Jul 28, 2014. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Bought OPB at $29.90 and MCY at $48.07.
    Jul 28, 2014. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Doral Financial soars after Supreme Court ruling [View news story]
    I don't think I'd call it soaring when a stock moves from $4 to $5 after a drop from $25.
    Jul 23, 2014. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blackstone to buy Max Property for $707M [View news story]
    "Max Property, great name."
    "Thanks, I got it off a hair dryer."
    Jul 22, 2014. 09:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China GDP growth accelerates in Q2 [View news story]
    Why was this post delayed half a day from when the numbers were released? Chinese GDP data is near the top of the list of what moves markets. You even credited Europe's gains to this Chinese data in two pre-market posts, yet didn't publish the data itself until after 11 am?
    Jul 17, 2014. 09:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    On average about 15%.
    Jun 27, 2014. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    I bid 3% above the prior day's close at $43.30 and filled at $43.00.
    Jun 27, 2014. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Sold for $44.97.

Intra-day gain of 4.6%.
    Jun 27, 2014. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Bought the open on AZZ at $43.00.
    Jun 27, 2014. 09:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hercules Technology Growth Capital - A BDC With An Equity Kicker [View article]
    Rising rates are bullish for BDC's who borrow at fixed rates and lend at floating rates.
    Jun 24, 2014. 07:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • California Chrome Arbitrage And $300 On The Sidewalk [View instapost]
    I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I used to be in one just like that and the US government froze all of the American accounts. I tested it a few times to make sure I could withdraw winnings and it worked fine. They had a free $10 bet each week, like Who will win Monday Night Football. 52 weeks x $10 x 50/50 bet was EV of $260 per year. Plus they had deposit matches that vested as you wagered like this one. Over a couple of years I ran it up to about $900 pretty much risk-free. Then it got frozen. That was several years ago. Still frozen. Like they say in the stock market, "it works until it doesn't".
    Jun 24, 2014. 07:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment