Ocean Man

View Ocean Man's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Seeking Alpha Is Doing To Prevent Paid Stock Promotion [View article]
    Eli - your efforts are appreciated. Allow me to give you an example of how this has been permitted here for years, though. The following contributor says right in his profile that he is a compensated stock promoter. Over the past three years, up through and including last month, he has published 14 articles, over 800 StockTalks, and over 3,200 Instablog posts. He's even been named in multiple articles exposing what you're attempting to fix:

There are a number of others just like this.
    Mar 27 02:39 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Facebook/Oculus [View news story]
    I can reposition my head just fine without purchasing that.
    Mar 25 08:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent ADP job gains revised lower, but others pushed higher [View news story]
    If the revisions swing by such large amounts months later, why should we pay any attention to today's number?
    Mar 5 08:35 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 March Madness Trading Contest [View instapost]
    SLCA.
    Mar 2 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P: BDCs no longer eligible to be in U.S. indices [View news story]
    I will absorb some of that overhang tomorrow.
    Feb 25 10:12 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Special dividend for the QQQ [View news story]
    My math says it's 4 cents to each QQQ share, currently at $90.
    Feb 23 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nabors' operating profit slips but results beat estimates, +2.3% AH [View news story]
    My diet starts tomorrow too.
    Feb 18 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    CBR did well today, but gapped up a little too much for this play. Same with OTTR. I've been really busy with work lately and haven't been able to research this each day, but hopefully it's working for other people.
    Feb 11 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    A big red day in the market can be a headwind to a long / momentum strategy like this. Tread carefully, play for smaller amounts, or hit the sidelines for a day. When people are selling the indices, there is downward pressure on all stocks. They can go up, but it's into the wind.
    Jan 31 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    Somebody PM'd me that they played PLD for a 5% gain using this system this morning. I don't know how I missed that one, fit the criteria perfectly and would have been the biggest winner of the day. Oh well. LOL.
    Jan 30 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Like To Play Earnings [View instapost]
    1/30/14:
    ININ gapped up too far at the open.
    PRXL filled at $48.80, sold at $49.42 for a gain of 1.3%.
    SLG filled at $91.71, sold at $93.85 for a gain of 2.3%.
    DRE filled at $15.07, sold at $15.51 for a gain of 2.9%.

Overall gain for today: +2.2%.

System to date: +65.7% in 5 months.
    Jan 30 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rich Kinder feels undervalued, but says doubters will be proved wrong [View news story]
    Long KMP. No plans to sell. Terrific yield, one of my favorites.
    Jan 16 09:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Spare [View instapost]
    I refused to leave the hospital until the nurse showed me how to master the perfect swaddle. Now I can list swaddling skills alongside my numchuck skills and bowhunting skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. If only I could wrap a Christmas present as well as a baby....
    Jan 8 10:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Spare [View instapost]
    Congrats Chris!
    Jan 7 09:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Northern Iron Now Worth Less Than $21, Will Fall To $0 In 15 Months [View article]
    Nice detective work Night Heron!

I remember a couple years ago when this one fell from $124 to $60 based on the same argument. It's down to $31 now in the after-hours.
    Jan 6 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment