Ocean Man

View Ocean Man's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    Congratulations Eli, and thank you David for everything you've built here.

Ocean Man
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:06 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PBOC cuts rates [View news story]
    They'll afford one just fine if they tripled their savings in the stock market over the past year.
    Jun 27, 2015. 11:04 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas Has Gotten Way Too Cheap With 30% Upside On Strong Fundamentals [View article]
    Excellent article, Dane. I am very bullish on VTR at these prices (low 60s) and you wrote up my thoughts on the name far better than I could have. Great job.
    Jun 25, 2015. 09:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Technology Focused BDCs? [View article]
    I agree with you that all 3 of these BDCs are attractively priced right now, although I prefer HTGC which I think is an absolute steal at these levels. Keep up the good work and I will give TPVG a further look.
    Jun 25, 2015. 08:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Resource Partners - The Market Is Pricing In A Distribution Cut [View article]
    The bear argument in this article is extremely weak. ARP can easily cover the current distribution into 2016, which the author even admits if they don't pay down debt. And why would they pay down debt that's not due for 6 years in a time of oil market turmoil? The suggestion that they need to is ludicrous. I could name 50 oil and gas producers that wish their earliest debt due date was in 2021. That's a bull argument! I could also name 50 oil and gas producers who wish they'd hedged as heavily as ARP did when oil and gas prices were higher. ARP's hedge book is a thing of beauty.

Furthermore, the chart in the article showing underperformance vs peers is complete nonsense. Yes it underperformed from January to March, a period where the distribution was TWICE as high as it is now, where everyone suspected they would cut, and ending with the actual cut. ARP hasn't underperformed its peer group at all since March, or since May when they announced the equity issuance. You can clearly see in the chart that they all fell in the May-June period, and by similar amounts.

ARP is a gift under $7 and won't stay there for long.
    Jun 25, 2015. 08:38 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After A 22% Pullback, Ventas May Be Ready To Climb Again [View article]
    Excellent article, David. I completely agree.
    Jun 13, 2015. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The #1 Stock In The World [View article]
    Good choice, Chris. XIV is an Ocean Man Top 10 Pick for 2015 and up 43% YTD.
    Jun 8, 2015. 09:34 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MLP conference marred by notable no-shows, analyst says [View news story]
    Were they also disappointed that MCD and GOOGL didn't show up?
    May 27, 2015. 05:28 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Not Buying The Panic, This 9% MLP Yield Is Secure [View article]
    Over the past 3 years:
    ARLP $27 ---> $30
    WLT $64 ---> 50 cents
    BTU $29 ---> $3
    ANR $16 ---> 60 cents
    ACI $9 ---> 60 cents

Does ARLP still look undervalued after its recent "crash"?
    May 27, 2015. 08:58 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corrections Corporation Of America Has A Marijuana Problem [View article]
    At the end of 2014, the Federal prison system was at 127% of capacity.
    May 20, 2015. 10:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Resource Partners: Don't Buy The Dip [View article]
    No, Albert, your math is completely wrong. You say they added 7% to the share count and only added 4% to production. But they only spent half of the equity proceeds on the producing assets! They raised $60M and spent $35M.

Your work is usually better. You apparently rushed to get this out in response to the news. This is a terrific deal for ARP and the dip should be bought with both hands.
    May 19, 2015. 04:01 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corrections Corporation Of America - An Innovative Yield Strategy [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. However, nothing that you mentioned happened since the guidance update 11 days ago, therefore all of those issues, plus the many positives, were incorporated into the updated forward view.
    May 18, 2015. 01:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. oil rig count falls for 20th straight week [View news story]
    Probably caused by people driving Teslas.
    Apr 24, 2015. 06:24 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tonix Pharma +12% premarket on bullish call [View news story]
    So somewhere between $14 and $225 then.....
    Apr 21, 2015. 09:36 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha's Least Popular Article Ever [View instapost]
    I am very impressed by ALJJ, particularly their decision to buy 90% of your shares right before a 500% run-up. :)

I had similar frustrations regarding under-followed stocks. I wrote about a few, made about $25 like you said, then decided it wasn't worth my research time to keep doing that. I know PRO is supposed to combat that problem, paying writers more so they'll write about under-followed stocks, but I'm not real keen on giving my ideas to the wealthy a day before the masses. So, still hoping something better develops here in that arena, although I haven't figured out a good fix. Good luck with your new forum.

OM