Oguz Erkol

View Oguz Erkol's Comments BY TICKER:
BAC, C, DB, FB, GS, ISIS, JPM, QQQ, RY, SPY, TUR, WFC
  • Executive Changes At Bank Of America [View article]
    I think this assignment has nothing to do with the company's strategy and it absolutely has no influence on the direction the company is moving. To tell the truth assigning someone coming from investment banking universe as COO is simply a mistake. In most banks we see COOs with audit or accounting experience. But, on the other hand, what I find strange is that Morgan Stanley is reporting record profit while investment bankers are weeping around and complaining about low segment revenue. Things may change once the volatility rises so that trading activities rise leading investment bank revenues to surge. This is my opinion about the industry in general. I don't see BAC offering any reward at even current entry points.
    Aug 20 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Argentina's Blue Dollar Market Hits 60% Premium To Official Rate [View article]
    Seems like a buy in 2 years' time.
    Aug 15 05:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Countries Are Hot? What Should A Momentum Investor Look At Now? [View article]
    Get off Turkey easy when you have the chance.
    Aug 11 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When Negative Rates Are Not Enough [View article]
    Thanks for the article, I really enjoyed reading it. I liked -10% deposit rate idea, this was my favorite part of the article. But there's one more thing. It looks like you use BS quote for Royal Bank of Scotland, which actually should have been RBS.
    Jul 10 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs: Still Not Attractive Enough [View article]
    In general I agree with you that the bank a good management, that's an important strength, but I just need to see if the slowing activity in trading business is cyclical or secular, then the outlook for the stock will become more visible in my opinion. Once a recovery in the business perceived, GS will be many investors' favorite play. However if you had a good entry point, it is good be long on the stock right now.
    Jul 2 06:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Isis - Addressing Some Of The Bull Arguments To My Short Thesis [View article]
    A meteor is expected to hit ISIS headquarters, so sell it before it's too late.
    Jul 1 12:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo - The Best Play On U.S. Housing Recovery [View article]
    With the progress Wells Fargo has made so far, it is symbolizing the US recovery in a sense. And it is the best prepared mega-cap bank for the renascent economy. Therefore I in general terms agree with the ideas Mr. Bilal Liaqat had above. Thanks for the article.
    Jun 30 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo: Still A Great Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. Own if Buffett owns is a nice behavioural approach that has been extremely profitable to date.

It is also very clear that WFC is the stock that every investor with a conservative attitude must have.
    Jun 29 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Signs China's Economy Is Headed For Collapse [View article]
    While Japan experienced the Meiji Restoration that led the nation emerge as a modernized nation in the beginning of 20th century, Chinese emperor was banning any kind of foreign trade in order to prevent international interaction that would result in paradigm shift in power.

While Japan replaced imperial rule with a form of Western-style liberal democracy by issuing the post-war Constitution of Japan, in China Maoists came to power and then declared the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution.

Until the 90s Japanese people at least had had the ability to make decisions freely for choosing the political party to rule their country. In China, still one party has all of seats in the parliament.

It does not make sense comparing the modern city-states such as Singapore to the conventional states in term of democracy, free-market.

Meanwhile Lee Kuan Yew is one of my political idols and a person that I feel extremely lucky for meeting with in person.
    Jun 28 09:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Signs China's Economy Is Headed For Collapse [View article]
    By mentioning "building hundreds of unnecessary bridges, viaducts, malls", I meant the investment boom wasting the savings of a nation that took years to make. I can accept that the presence of over-investment in China is arguable but I as well as many economists see clear signs that indicate its presence.

"Near collapse of the American economy" stuff does nothing but lifts the debate out of its context.
    Jun 28 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Signs China's Economy Is Headed For Collapse [View article]
    The economic activity in China is still inarguably undertaken by the state and this is called "state capitalism" by many people. This is actually not what Singapore has practiced so far, am I wrong? Because Singapore is a highly developed trade-oriented market economy.

Politically China is still effectively a single-party regime where I do not expect "pseudo-capitalism" to turn into a free market economy. Therefore China will not obtain a sustained economic growth in the long run. My views about China may change if I see a major change in the Communist Party towards spreading both political and economic power. But instead I see the Party sweeping the reforms.

First I was on drugs, then not on drugs but intellectually challenged. I hope you are much better at making predictions about the economy.
    Jun 28 06:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo: Still A Great Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Thanks Phr3d.
    Jun 28 04:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo: Still A Great Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Yes, it might not hit my price target which is sky-high compared to some other estimates. But still I see big potential upside. It is an expensive stock to buy but it has still ability to outpace the market thanks to its strong fundamentals.
    Jun 28 03:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo: Still A Great Buying Opportunity [View article]
    I corrected the numbers. Thanks a lot.
    Jun 27 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Signs China's Economy Is Headed For Collapse [View article]
    This reminds me the economists in 1980s claiming that the Soviet Union will surpass the US by 2000.
    Jun 27 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment