Ohad Hammer

View Ohad Hammer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Threshold Scores Big With Pancreatic Cancer Data [View article]
    I was surprised they are presenting the data at AACR and not at ASCO. The positive thing is that we'll see the data much earlier than I expected.

Mar 6, 2012. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Threshold Scores Big With Pancreatic Cancer Data [View article]
    Maybe there is an inverse correlation between th amount of words I write on a stock and the return it brings...

Mar 6, 2012. 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Stocks To Watch In 2012 [View article]
    I assume they are, Delcath's platform appears to be product-agnostic.

Feb 9, 2012. 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Stocks To Watch In 2012 [View article]
    Hi Gary,

I am still a big fan of Immunogen and its technology but not of the current stock price. Current valuation has tdm1 approval priced in and then some. So far i havent seen anything exciting either wholly owned or partnered BUT i hope this will change next year thanks to new clinical programs. In particular, i m anxious to see how imgn853 performs in p1.

ONTY,KERX,AEZS- all have ongoing p3 but i don't believe they have real proof of concept from p2 (as opposed to ARQL's strategy)

Feb 7, 2012. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Stocks To Watch In 2012 [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

From what i understand the trial is not blinded so the company can share data they receive in real time. Triple negative is a very attractive market because there r no targeted therapies approved for that setting ( e.g. Sanofi's acquisition of Bipar which was in p3 in TNBC).

GPNMB targeting drugs have wider potential than just TNBC, though.

Feb 7, 2012. 01:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arqule's Strategy Continues To Generate Value [View article]
    When I wrote they got it right in 2 out of 2 attempts, I was referring only to randomized studies.
    The effect in the lung trial was in line with other approved agents in NSCLC (Avastin and Tarceva increase survival by 2 months with limited effect on PFS). Hard to talk about the liver cancer study as there is no data. A relevant point in both cases is potential use of biomarkers, which could have a dramatic difference.

Jan 31, 2012. 05:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AVEO: More Open Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Arthur- I assumed there were no major imbalances between the two arms, at least not in terms of known prognostic factors. In any case, it will be hard for AVEO to blame it on imbalances.
    I am not sure that there actually was a cross over option in the trial. In any case, it shouldn't affect PFS.

Jan 9, 2012. 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AVEO: More Open Questions Than Answers [View article]
    mabiotechinvestor, as I said, I have no proof tivozanib is superior to Sutent or vice versa. What I do have is an inconclusive data set generated by AVEO who picked the wrong comparator hoping to persuade the market by doing exactly what you are accusing me of :comparing across trials and data mining.

As for activity in cytokine treated patients, that's the only way to put tivo's PFS in the context of Ylantia and Nexavar. Sutent is considered substantially more effective than Nexavar (no direct proof of that) so if tivozanib achieves only a 3-3.5 month difference over Nexavar, it is hard to claim it is comparable.

wrt safety I completely agree with you, tivozanib appears to be much safer.

My job is all about taking sides, making educated guesses based on the evidence that is available to me. I might be wrong but that's one of the disadvantages of having an opinion :)

Jan 8, 2012. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AVEO: More Open Questions Than Answers [View article]
    PEhrlich,

Since the time I can allocate for writing is quite limited, I usually tend to write on smaller, less "covered" stocks. There is so much stuff on GILD out there that I am not sure where I can add value...

Jan 8, 2012. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AVEO: More Open Questions Than Answers [View article]
    mabiotechinvestor,

We can't say anything conclusive about AVEO's drug vs. Sutent since they haven't been compared directly ( AVEO chose Nexavar because they wanted to avoid such a direct comparison).

As a result, we have to make those indirect comparisons using benchmarks to normalize the absolute PFS values we have. Looking at the totality of the available data, my conclusion is that had Sutent been chosen as a control in TIVO-1, it probably would have achieved a better PFS than tivozanib.

I agree that if tivozanib is as efficacious as Sutent and much safer, it should be the drug of choice. The problem is that I don't see how AVEO can support this hypothesis.

Jan 8, 2012. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Winners Of American Society Of Hematology 2011 [View article]
    It depends on the clinical profile of the drug, assuiming it gets approved.

If it is comparable to INCY's Jakafi then they could charge the same although they would probably price it lower in order to penetrate the market.

If the anemia effect is real- they can charge a lot and claim they save money on blood transfusions and ESAs.

Dec 28, 2011. 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Winners Of American Society Of Hematology 2011 [View article]
    Basically, it will all come down to how well Salix is going to market Relistor, same goes for Ono in Japan.
    I have to admit the PGNX story does not fall into my areas of interest, it was more about placing a small bet based on the lucrative deals they signed.

Dec 19, 2011. 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis: Setting The Facts Straight [View article]
    I don't know how much value can be ascribed to SNTA's elesclomol right now but the MOA is intriguing, no doubt. The real story there is the Hsp90 program where they appear to identify more and more predictive biomarkers. cumulatively these subgroups could represent a huge opportunity.

I like ARIA's Bcr-Abl program a lot and I think it is most likely to reach the market with several hundreds of millions sales based on T315I pts only. The only issue with ARIA is price.

Nov 11, 2011. 07:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis: Setting The Facts Straight [View article]
    At current levels I still like SNTA and CLDX. Both traded at prices that represent low expectations so any upside surprise could have a real impact. Both are very speculative, needless to say.

Nov 10, 2011. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis: Setting The Facts Straight [View article]
    Don't know them too well, from what I recall they have a very risky pipeline. Their neuronal stem cell program created some buzz but so far no efficacy data. Their telomerase programs don't look to bright imo.

Nov 10, 2011. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment