Ohad Hammer

View Ohad Hammer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Synta Is Heating Up [View article]
    I am not aware of any blocking IP in the field of Hsp90. The real value is in the clinical profile of the compounds and based on the published data I've seen Synta's agent is the one I would bet on. Still, we're talking about a high risk early stage program...

Unlike elesclomol, which was considered a little bit of a "voodoo" drug, Hsp90 inhibition is a well validated concept with broad utility and combination opportunities.

Ohad
    Aug 10, 2010. 02:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Is Heating Up [View article]
    Hi Jason,

No it's not a 17-AAG analog. most of the geldanamycin based compounds are no longer in active development.
    The issue of IV vs. oral is complex but in general, oral drugs tend to achieve more prolonged exposure because they can be given daily. measurement is not the main issue here nor does retention time ( u r right about retention but it's no relevant- the issue with IV drugs is the regimen itself).

Best,
    Ohad
    Aug 9, 2010. 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jury Still Out on Exelixis's Long Term Potential [View article]
    I wouldn't count on a buyout from BIIB's side. Although it could make sense strategically for Biogen to enter the field of kinase inhibitors but I think nobody will try to pull it off due to conflict of interest issues.

I am not aware of the fact that Gleevec is also a HER2 inhibitor...
    Anyway, it's true that in some cases non selective compounds are safe but in other cases the added activity is a burden. on target toxicity is inevitable but sometimes it is the inhbition of the other kinases that cause the problems.

Ohad
    ONXX's data caught everybody by surprise, well done!
    Jul 26, 2010. 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Winner of ASCO 2010: Bristol Myers Squibb [View article]
    They still have very good science, they are just having problems in translating that into products. A recent example is their lead antibody drug conjugate which encountered some issues (the phase I was terminated prematurely...)
    Hopefully, after all the restructuring they will now be able to advance their predominantly early stage pipeline into late stage drugs.

Ohad
    Jul 5, 2010. 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunogen: Another Step Closer to FDA Approval [View article]
    I simply don't cover KERX, no particular reason but lack of time.

I can only explain the timing of the secondary and the price by assuming the company didn't want to miss the opportunity in case the equity markets get closed.

ohad
    May 7, 2010. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunogen: Another Step Closer to FDA Approval [View article]
    I agree, they have a lot going on. wrt the offering, hard to say. I expected the stock to be at the $12 level by now. $15 is a bit high, could be there after T-DM1 is approved but it will take more than 6 months.
    I am not sure how fast Amgen is moving. Their option agreement with IMGN was nearing its end which could also explain the rush. Roche and Genentech were very aggressive with T-DM1. The initial deal was licensed in 2000. T-DM1 could reach the market in 2011- not bad at all...
    Apr 27, 2010. 02:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arqule Joins the Phase III Club [View article]
    Glad to help, bblank.

I strongly disagree with you, Tom. This is one of the best managed biotech companies.

ohad
    Apr 15, 2010. 01:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Curagen: Positive Results at ASCO 2009 [View article]
    Sorry, cannot comment on that.
    Jul 13, 2009. 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peregrine Pharmaceuticals May Be On To Something [View article]
    Let's wait for the data release at both conferences.
    The main issue with the data sets is the fact they are from uncontrolled studies, so you can't actually tell whether the good results can be attributed to the bavi/Cotara or not.

ohad
    May 30, 2009. 03:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Biotech Picks for ASCO 2009 (Part I) [View article]
    As I wrote, the list is incomplete. Besides, most of the important data for ALTH's drug is already known and were submitted to the FDA.
    May 27, 2009. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micromet: More Reasons for Optimism [View article]
    I am not aware of a SGEN drug for ALL.
    They have drugs for all the other acronyms, NHL, AML,MM,HL and ALCL from what I know ;)

SGEN is developing an anti-CD19 antibody drug conjugate but it is still in pre clinical stages, so I don't know which patient population they'll target.

ohad
    May 13, 2009. 12:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micromet: More Reasons for Optimism [View article]
    I think most of the negative sentiment can be attributed to the break up from Medimmune. I hope that next month MITI will prove that MEDI's decision had nothing to do with the data.
    With respect to the discrepancy between fundamentals and market reaction, we'll have to wait and see. I personally believe that we'll see whether the market was right about MITI very soon.

ohad
    May 12, 2009. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micromet: More Reasons for Optimism [View article]
    Hi Joe

Hopefully you are right regarding the ALL data. One thing is for sure, this company is getting a lot of attention.

Ohad
    May 12, 2009. 03:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bright Prospects for Micromet (Part 2) [View article]
    You are absolutely right. Should have included that as an option, but I don't think that it's a preferred option for the company.

ohad
    May 11, 2009. 02:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celgene Corporation: Take the Money and Run [View article]
    Since CELG does not sell biologics and managed to achieve reimbursement even in the UK with good pricing, I don't think it will be materially affetced by Obama's policy.

Ohad