Ohad Hammer

View Ohad Hammer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Celgene Corporation: Take the Money and Run [View article]
    They paid almost 3 bil for Pharmion and also had some writedowns related to the acquisition. Other than that they were highly profitable.
    btw, we should expect the same pattern this year, following m&a or business development activities

ohad
    Mar 4 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rigel and Seattle Genetics: The Delicate Art of Expectation Management [View article]
    Thanks Bjorn

BioInvent certainly looks interesting in terms of the tagets they address and the very nice business development activities. I still haven't seen proof of concept data for any of their products, but I guess Roche and Genentech will publish clinical data (good or bad) this year for 403 and 204.
    Funnily enough, I am currently evaluating a similar european based antibody discovery company for the biotech portfolio.

Ohad
    Feb 17 03:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Long Case for Pfizer [View article]
    Very nice interview, clear and simple.
    imo, Berkowitz is right on the money.
    The pharma industry is facing a patent cliff, but it doesn't mean companies like Pfizer will actually fall off a cliff. It will still generate plenty of cash and will be able to utilize its huge global footprint.
    Can't say I follow every investigational agent in the company's pipeline, but it seems to have quite a few interesting drugs, particularly in the pain/inflammation area.
    I am still a little bit worried about their oncology pipeline, especially the lack of antibody based drugs. They do seem to have a deep and broad small molecule pipeline, but most of it is early stage. The Wyeth deal doesn't help a lot on the oncology front, although Wyeth has a very interesting conjugate with strong data in NHL. For some reason, the company is not too public about it.

Ohad Hammer
    Feb 16 02:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with you with respect to the trials' results, but to me there is no reason to own RIGL until June. Don't see a lot of downside but there's not much to expect for on the other hand. The only thing I can think of is Merck publishing impressive results for the Aurora kinase inhibitor at ASCO, but it isn't likely imo.

Feb 10 12:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Updated Calendars of FDA Decisions and Clinical Trials [View article]
    Very nice summary, Thanks!
    Jan 22 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'When There's Blood in the Streets', Buy Biotech Stocks [View article]
    beta delta
    I am familiar with the company, but not intimately enough for having an opinion. The idea behind TNFerade is very exciting and has broad applications and the data seems pretty good in pancreatic and H&N cancers. Neverthless, I would be very hesitant in investing in the company before the update in pancreatic cancer, where nothing seems to work.

ohad
    Oct 12 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'When There's Blood in the Streets', Buy Biotech Stocks [View article]
    Thanks, KevinMBK.
    I don't follow CYPB closely, but I think there is a lot of skepticism towards upcoming phase III results for milnacipran . Their cash position is enviable, no doubt.

Ohad

Oct 10 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'When There's Blood in the Streets', Buy Biotech Stocks [View article]
    Thanks, jturano7423.

I don't think it has a lot to do with guts, but basic common sense ( which seems to be a scarce commodity these days). History shows that people tend to exaggerate to both ways, and what we're witnessing, including today's selloff is merely a result of irrational behavior. Yes, things don't look good at the moment but in my opinion, now is the time to build positions selectively in segments and companies who can weather the storm. I think good biotech companies represent such a tremendous opportunity because their products and technology will always be in demand. Even companies who won't have a commercially available drug in the near future will be able to license drugs and technology to the pharmaceutical giants, who have deep pockets and are starved for new drugs. Remember: There is always a good market for good drugs.
    I personally feel much more comfortable buying today, when all the fund managers and investors are dumping everything they have. They were the ones that accumulated all these stocks in the past year or two.

Ohad
    Oct 10 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'When There's Blood in the Streets', Buy Biotech Stocks [View article]
    Sorry petpesie, I am not familiar with BioMS. I am sure there are plenty of biotech companies that are suffering as a result of this panic. From what you describe, it is in good position because it has Lilly paying for clinical development, and it doesn't seem that it would stop doing just because there's a recession.
    Oct 10 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Licensing Deal Is Imminent for ArQule [View article]
    Thanks Basel Expat.

EXEL looks great at the current price. Similar to the overall market, all bad news (cash burn) are factored in and when multiple licensing deals are signed, I see it going substantially higher. It is less risky than ARQL, no doubt, thanks to its broad portfolio, and this should be ARQL's model as well.

EXEL just got involved in another crowded "next big thing" area yesterday, Hsp90 inhibitors. In this case it is lagging behind BMS
    and SNTA among others.

Ohad

Oct 3 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Licensing Deal Is Imminent for ArQule [View article]
    Thanks

I Don't follow ARIA too closely.
    Oct 3 02:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis: A Platform Company for Oncology [View article]
    Thanks biocore
    It's very hard to predict anything in this kind of environment, but as you can see, after reaching the 5-6$ level, the stock looks pretty strong. I think that when EXEL begins to announce licensing deals for several of its compounds already next month, investors will realize that, under no circumstances will the company raise capital at the current price level. They will use the Deerfield facility to pay back GSK, since it will probably decide not opt-in on any of the joint compounds.
    8$ is a reasonable price target for year end, imo.

Ohad
    Sep 16 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis: A Platform Company for Oncology [View article]
    The cash issue is the most important factor in thenear term, no doubt. I will try to touch on that matter in the future, but that's an issue everybody including company's mangement is aware of. I expect they'll start to monetizing their portfolio in Q4, after the GSK decision(s). I hear they are very close to siging a deal for one of their PI3K compounds, which are not part the GSK collaboration.

Sep 8 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micromet: Another Seal of Approval [View article]
    Thanks User 250248!

Thirstycamel, I certainly see your point. Anything can happen with a company like MITI, but anything also includes negative events. A high profile collaboration can certainly lead to another jump in the price of the stock, but if I had to guess, they'll do a secondary very soon. They would be crazy not to...

Ohad
    Aug 25 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micromet: Another Seal of Approval [View article]
    thanks thirstycamel

I suggested taking money off the table because the recent climb wasn't based on anything new, fundamentally and partially because I speculate they’ll do a secondary soon, given the high stock price. I don’t believe in trading biotechs, but in this case, I did sell some MITI on Wednesday, so far an unwise move that cost me money, looking at the current pps…
    I think that in many cases, investors ignore timing issues in drug development and although I expect good things from MITI down the road, the next data will be published only in the ASH annual meeting.
    You mentioned the SGN-40 deal so there is one final point I want to make. SGEN got such a lucrative deal because it stroke it after the proof of concept clinical trial whereas MITI has already partnered MT103. Had MITI waited till now, they could have gotten a very nice deal.
    Ohad