Ohad Hammer

View Ohad Hammer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Genentech’s New ADC Platform Has Much Potential, but Is Yet to Be Tested on Humans [View article]
    They might want to have PFS data from the 100 patient phase II trial before committing more resources. In the meantime, they are making all the necessary arrangements for a pivotal study. The phase II study in Tykerb relapsed patients can be amended into a pivotal trial so the lack of announcement does not delay the commercialization of T-DM1.
    Aug 17, 2008. 05:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poniard Pharmaceuticals: Platinum Rediscovered (Part II) [View article]
    Thanks.
    The EXEL piece will be published next week end. They must wait to GSK's decision in order to monetize their portoflio, but I expect several deals already this year.

Ohad
    Aug 17, 2008. 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Poniard Pharmaceuticals: Platinum Rediscovered (Part II) [View article]
    Indeed, I am very bullish on EXEL. I don't have any writeups on them, maybe later this year, if I have the time.
    EXEL has so many shots on goal, with an excellent strategy of focusing on niche markets first, so the risk/reward ratio is quite compelling.
    Jul 24, 2008. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunogen's Wild Swings Due to Lack of Information at ASCO [View article]
    No doubt MITI is one of hte most exciting biotechs out there:

www.hammerstockblog.co.../

btw, the dose was 60 micrograms per m2

Jul 15, 2008. 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunogen's Wild Swings Due to Lack of Information at ASCO [View article]
    No doubt MITI is one of the most exciting biotech companies out there.

www.hammerstockblog.co.../

btw, the dose was 60 micrograms per m2
    Jul 15, 2008. 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing in miRNA: Beware the Hype, Follow the Money [View article]
    ROSG is not like other pharmaceutical companies simply because they are focused on diagnostics, with a huge near term potential. By this time next year, they should have 3 products in the market, in addition to several other submitted tests.
    Jun 23, 2008. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunogen and Seattle Genetics: Verging on an Inflection Point [View article]
    Thanks,

Hopefully next week...
    Jun 7, 2008. 06:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunogen and Seattle Genetics: Verging on an Inflection Point [View article]
    Although IMGN and SGEN are not the only players in the ADC arena, they are the most focused and committed ones. Others such as WYE,IMMU and MEDX are active in the field but none chose to put the pedal to the metal like IMGN and SGEN did.

I don't know a lot about CMC-544's clinical development, as it seems that Wyeth is almost intentionally hiding it. Can you please post links for clinical data?
    Ironically, SGEN's naked antibody seems to perform better than both AVE9633 and Mylotarg, so patients will have a drug that is both safe and efficacious. For more on that you can go to my previous SGEN article.

With respect to IMGN's technology, it seems to do the job in the case of T-DM1, which is more impressive than any ADC I am familiar with. Genentech is certainly sold on the technology but what do they know…
    May 29, 2008. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cell Genesys’ GVAX: A Multi-Trick Pony [View article]
    Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the kind words.
    I don't think there will be any new meaningful data on the conference call . I think that the partnrship is already priced in but predicting short term performance is very hard with this type of companies.
    The comapny is going to present data on its oncolytic virus program in bladder cancer next month at the AUA2008, so it looks like the nearest potential catalyst (positive or negative).

Apr 28, 2008. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cell Genesys’ GVAX: A Multi-Trick Pony [View article]
    Thanks.
    Overall the deal is positive given market conditions. Neverheless, I think they could have got this deal at least one year ago and save a terrible year for investors.
    Apr 14, 2008. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ikanos Communications: How Big is The VDSL Market? (Part IV) [View article]
    Thanks.
    How aggressive are they on the FTTN front?
    Jan 19, 2008. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ikanos Communications: How Big is the VDSL Market? (Part III) [View article]
    Hi Peter
    BT’s access strategy is quite weird, in my humble opinion.
    They are willing to deploy FTTH in greenfield settings, but basically it’s either pure FTTH or ADSL2+. I cannot think about another carrier in that scale that thinks that 10-25 megs are going to be enough. I guess the data you brought is a good explanation for that. Nevertheless, they should either get the remote terminals closer to end customers or go fiber all the way.
    Why are they spending so much money on their core network anyway, when the bottlenecks might develop on the access side is beyond me…

Jan 12, 2008. 02:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ikanos Communications: How Big is The VDSL Market? (Part II) [View article]
    Hi Andy

I think that VDSL is a transitional technology, however, the transition is going ot take quite a while...
    According to estiamtes, the number of broadband subs in 2010-2011 is expected to top 500M, but only 10-15% of them will be FTTH. What will happen with all the other DSL subs (300+ million )? In addition, some of the FTTH users will actually be FTTB, like we've seen in Japan and like we're going to see in the US.

Regarding the comaprison of pure FTTH to FTTB+VDSL, it depends on who u ask. FTTH is definitely cheaper and easier to maintain, and bendable fiber will likely make it easier to deploy, but wiring every apartment in high risers directly to fiber doesn't seem like the ideal solution imho.
    Actually, according to one research company, even in Japan with its high fiber penetration and competitive market, there was a trend towards VDSL in the 3rd Q:

"The dominant Japanese market continues to move towards a higher percentage of MDU subscribers, increasing the number of VDSL ports while reducing the number of FTTH ports."

lw.pennnet.com/display.../

Best,
    Ohad
    Jan 1, 2008. 07:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seattle Genetics at ASH 2007 (Part I) [View article]
    What makes you say these patients were "very healthy sick people"? Actually, older AML by patients are considered by definition, a high risk population. Besides, half of the patietns in the trial had been pretreated with chemo.

trastuzumab-DM1 is without a doubt the most important and promising ADC out there. I don't think the data from SABC is new. It looks like the original dose escalation study. I couldn't find any new material about the weekly phase I or weekly phase II. Is there somehing I am missing?

Ohad