Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin

View Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why don't IR people use Seeking Alpha? [View instapost]
    Interesting thread. Two quick comments -
    1) Very sophisticated audience here compared to almost anywhere else, and they can see through PR fluff better than anyone, so if a "booster" article was posted, this audience would see through it and the offending company would quickly realize (if they bothered to take the time to monitor that sort of thing) that postings that don't contain good, solid information will get punished
    2) I believe there are lots of posters on SA who are somehow compensated by the companies, and if they're not, their articles are so biased they should be. Again, the market here, the audience, ends up making a group decision on the credibility of the article and poster.

So I don't see being an IR flack as a big deal at all, as long as it's disclosed. Then you can take it FWIW.
    Apr 18, 2010. 01:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Poised To Retake Status As Net Petroleum Products Exporter [View article]
    You are right! I see the wrong version of this story got posted to SA--I will re-submit the correct version in the next few hours
    Dec 22, 2011. 10:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ATP Oil & Gas: The Oil Patch's Next Blockbuster Takeover Candidate [View article]
    Wow this stock creates emotion! I would definitely like to see more transparency from management, but they have shown themselves to be very entrepreneurial in tough times.
    Apr 21, 2010. 06:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Fracing' Technique Creates Great Opportunity in Exploration of Oil and Gas [View article]
    I'm sorry I don't understand - I don't mention any pink sheet companies - I do see two symbols there at the end of the article which I did not insert and have never heard of...maybe the Seeking Apha guys put them there...??? I don't look at a stock that has more than 3 letters in its symbol.

On May 20 06:16 AM Tom Armistead wrote:

> The oil field services industry is under considerable pressure due
    > to the reduction in rig counts and low natural gas prices. At low
    > points in the cycle, the larger players look to acquire the weaker
    > players for the cost of their equipment.
    > Unless you can demonstrate that these pink sheet cases you are recommending
    > are well financed and profitable, or possess unique technology, I
    > don't understand why you would buy them instead of companies such
    > as BJS or SLB.
    May 20, 2009. 11:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Permian Basin Oil Play: 'Unleashed' [View article]
    Chuck, CXO is too big for me. I stick with the juniors for more leverage.
    Apr 27, 2012. 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Texas Tea Time For Toreador Resources [View article]
    Gentlemen--for other plays in Europe check out http://bit.ly/tj2TzB put a google alert out for that--I live by those.

NZ Energy is very similar to TAG. NZ has good technical team, but needs money.

TRGL stock is going 1 for 1 with new ZaZa stock so you will have same # of shares but just a different name.

God Bless and have a Merry Christmas!
    Dec 19, 2011. 09:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Find High Risk, High Reward, International Oil Stocks Like Winstar Resources [View article]
    please see large, 2 part series on STP at my website oilandgas-investments.com
    Jan 17, 2011. 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    this was written and posted to my site only a couple days before the unrest became public. The story is about how I research my stocks to come up with a pick like Winstar, not about Winstar itself. I'm certainly not buying the stock here under these circumstances.
    Jan 17, 2011. 11:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Profitable Oil in North America – And It’s Just Getting Started [View article]
    My man, that is for my paid subscribers!
    Jun 22, 2010. 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Baytex is a great company - owned it for years
    Jun 22, 2010. 09:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    That's right Dave thank you Cold Flow is just part of the heavy oil market - I will make note of that.
    Jun 22, 2010. 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Truth About Natural Gas Could Shock the Market [View article]
    many, many, many natural gas producers would hedge like mad at $6. The chance of seeing a $6.01/mcf price is slim because of this.
    May 19, 2010. 10:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'TMS' - The Next 'Hot Money' U.S. Oil Play? [View article]
    I own it. My team posts these, sorry.
    Oct 25, 2013. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    remember this was condensate not oil. The stock is no longer a candidate for the $18 share price I hypothesized, but it could potentially show a profit for the patient investor from here (12-18 months).
    Mar 5, 2011. 10:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What the U.S. / Canadian Gas Price Spread Means to Your Energy Portfolio [View article]
    Thank you for that, I could have made that clearer....it's true that wet gas usually only makes up 10%-20% of production, but that can (and usually does) translate into 20%-40% increase in $$$ value for the producer - even that small % of wet gas usually means the difference between profit and loss on an operating cost basis for most producers who have wet gas streams.
    Jul 19, 2010. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment