Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin

View Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Three Break-Even Prices of Natural Gas [View article]
    lower production has been almost the same as lower exports to US - I think it's a domestic demand issue more than lower exports, though I think that will become a bigger issue every quarter. Between increased pipelines and higher production in US, I would be very nervous medium to long term of WCSB gas producers.
    Apr 14 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Oil and Gas Investors Can Prepare for the Energy Trust Corporate Conversion [View article]
    see another article on trusts in Canada's National Post newspaper today - here is the link

www.financialpost.com/...
    Dec 9 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End of 'Easy Oil' [View article]
    Great story Elliott--love your posts
    Oct 17 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How China's Dollar Peg Keeps Oil Prices High [View article]
    Readers, thank you! I find the issue confusing myself and was trying to explain it, but I actually found this article from Ambrose Evans Pritchard of the Daily Telegraph which might be better:

"...Excess liquidity in China has been a key driver of global markets since the rally began in March.

Beijing is walking a tightrope by trying to offset the collapse in exports – almost 40pc of GDP – with an investment blitz in roads, railways, and industry through state-owned companies.

THE REAL ECONOMY CANNOT ABSORB THE MONEY, SO IT IS LEAKING INTO ASSET SPECULATION. (caps mine-ks). The central bank estimates that 20pc of fresh credit has ended up in equity markets. The Shanghai index is up 80pc this year, though profits have fallen by almost a third. The pattern echoes the final phase of Japan's Nikkei bubble in 1989."

(See full story on this here - tinyurl.com/krqo4o)

What I understand Mr. Treick's assertion to be is that one of, if not the major cause of this excess liquidity is China having to flood the market with Yuan to keep the dollar peg.

I hope that helps clarify the story.

Also, I would suggest there IS a very large grey or black market for Yuan-dollar exchange.

Thanx for the feedback.

What I was trying to suggest in my article is that r
    Aug 12 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Fracing' Technique Creates Great Opportunity in Exploration of Oil and Gas [View article]
    No, they are not recommendations. Calfrac is CFW and Trican is TCW.

On May 20 12:43 PM anarchist wrote:

> If your are recommending these two stocks (no disclosure given)would
    > you publish the TSX symbols for them?
    > Thanks for the info.