Omega Investor

View Omega Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 High Tech Stocks To Avoid [View article]
    I agree with the author (sarcastic voice)
    Sep 9, 2011. 08:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    What makes you believe I work for Oracle?
    Aug 23, 2011. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    I don't know where your looking but ORCL broke below $25 on Thursday 8/18 and closed below $25 on Friday 8/19.
    Aug 23, 2011. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    Let me know how that works out for you. I'd be interested to find out.
    Aug 23, 2011. 12:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    I don't mind answering that question. I entered at $25 last week.
    Aug 23, 2011. 12:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    Yes, another good buy out. The big problem there is their market cap of about $51 billion. The cost might be too much compared to whatever additional revenue ORCL would take in.
    Aug 22, 2011. 08:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    Since when does "Hardware" automatically mean PC's? Last time I checked there was more to hardware than just that.
    Aug 22, 2011. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    Thank you for the clarity in both of your comments. It didn't occur to me that people reading this article might see "hardware" and immediately assume PC's instead of datacenters. I should have been more specific considering it would be foolish for oracle to chase after the PC market seeing as how its far off of their current business model.
    Aug 22, 2011. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    ORCL has stated that they are focusing on lower volume in the hardware area. I put that particular paragraph in there for speculation on an acquisition. As for hardware BECOMING higher margin, I'm not saying it is higher than software I'm saying its higher than it was years ago.
    Aug 22, 2011. 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    I never said that their price would go up from buying Dell. I just said that they could do it because Dell is cheap. I just see Oracle going up anyways. I also said that I didn't actually seeing it happen but the acquisition idea is out there.
    Aug 22, 2011. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    Yes your right there is some reason for the decline but it isn't directly related to anything Oracle has done wrong. It is more attributed to macroeconomic uncertainty. Their business may be hurt temporarily by a recession but they are an aggressive company and believe they will be able to fight through it as they did in 2008.
    Aug 22, 2011. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Oracle, Before It Buys Dell [View article]
    I understand your concern with analysts and their largely incorrect opinions on target prices. The only reason I mentioned the analyst view is because it would be less believable if I said that I believe it would reach $40. I honestly think this is a conservative estimate and that ORCL can reach higher in 12 months and If not, well they will be close.
    Aug 22, 2011. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential 10x Stock Idea: Why I Believe Tesla Is the Next Apple [View article]
    Great Article! New possible investment added to my list. I must do more research on this topic. Thanks for the input.
    Aug 17, 2011. 06:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Cisco's Growth Stalled? [View article]
    Your exactly right! With cloud computing starting up and greater broadband usage, there will be a greater demand for those products and services which CSCO provides. The problem is that there are other companies to provide those services as well. Juniper (JNPR) has been taking market share from CSCO for a while now to mention just one company.

You do make a valid point, but I believe there are better companies in the same sector that provide the same, or similar, services that will provide a greater return on your investment.
    Aug 16, 2011. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Value Investing vs. Momentum Investing: Where Do You Stand? [View article]
    I'm glad to see your position on Cisco. I too am tired of hearing that it's such a good investment all the while they have gone literally nowhere. I ended up publishing my own article specifically for that reason. Again, great article. Lots to think about now. I look forward to more.
    Aug 15, 2011. 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment