Omer Altay

View Omer Altay's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Dirt-Cheap REITs [View article]
    ARCP dirt cheap too.

Overweight ARCP/LXP
    Sep 23 11:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Might Be A High Yield Sucker If... [View article]
    Eventually it'll return all of the capital if it constantly returns more than NII. Then I don't care what the market price is. I've made a low risk 15%+ return, thus I'm hoping for higher and higher distributions from funds that trade at a discount to NAV.
    Sep 21 08:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Might Be A High Yield Sucker If... [View article]
    No... This doesn't make sense. If a fund trading at -15% NAV returns 100% of my capital (liquidates) I make 15% over night. This would be "return of capital" and it wouldn't be counter-productive. It would be the opposite. I want all the CEFs I own at a discount to return as much capital as possible. If the market is discounting their assets, sell the assets and return them to me and that discount turns into profit for those that bought the funds at a discount.

It's absurd to call this "counter-productive". It's counter productive for CEFs NOT to return capital to share holders if the fund is trading at a discount. Several SA authors seem to make this mistake, not just you. I'm wishing for more destructive ROC from my CEFs.
    Sep 21 08:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Up With Gold And What's A Gold Bull To Do Now? [View article]
    If they're manipulated, go ahead and make a fortune shorting them. Otherwise you don't believe the nonsense you're spewing.
    Sep 21 06:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Might Be A High Yield Sucker If... [View article]
    I don't understand why you and some other SA authors refer to ROC as "destructive". When I buy a CEF at 15% discount to NAV, I WANT them CEF to distribute me as much ROC as possible to close that discount gap. Hopefully NAV will go to 0 and I'll get all my distributions. The BIGGER the distribution on a CEF with a huge discount, the BETTER.

I own dozens of CEFs that trade at a discount. The more ROC the better. Don't call it destructive. It's only "destructive" if the CEF is trading at a premium to NAV. I'm hoping for more destruction.
    Sep 21 06:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Cheapest Stocks With Dividend Yields Over 2% [View article]
    90% of this article is entirely computer generated. It just copy pasted financial stats for various companies that fit a screener and offers zero value.
    Sep 17 07:08 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One For The Kids [View instapost]
    These kinds of deals work great with a broker that offers $0 commission. Merill Edge is 100 free trades a month with a certain balance.
    Sep 5 02:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Seabridge Gold Announces It Has Found A Significant Addition To Its KSM Deposit [View article]
    $5 or $6 billion development makes KSM nearly worthless. Look at Pascau Lama. HUGE gold projects are a serious no-no for miners. Much better miners out there. NO one is going to touch this project unless gold goes above 2011 highs, then MAYBE, AFTER they hedge the output.
    Sep 4 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Stage Set For Substantial Upside [View article]
    Been long BAC for a while. Any thoughts on Barclays (BCS)? Seems more undervalued to me than BAC.
    Sep 2 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Miners May Finally Be A Better Buy Than Gold [View article]
    I'm a PM bull, but I absolutely hate seeing posts like yours. You keep crying that the fed is "manipulating" the gold futures market and that it's rigged, but have no evidence. If you think it's rigged, go short comex gold futures. Why haven't you done it yet? It's a guaranteed win, right? The "casino" is rigged and the fed is selling unlimited amounts of gold futures! Then what are you doing crying about it on here when you can literally make millions shorting gold? Clearly you don't believe your own rubbish. I'm not sure if you have an agenda or are just plain dumb.
    Aug 27 06:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation, Interest Rates, And Why You Should Own Gold [View article]
    ???? No. I'm not. You sir, need a lesson in reading comphrension. I just pointed out that MOST people in this country don't pay federal income taxes. The top 10% bear an enormously unfair share of these taxes. The middle class doesn't pay their share at all.
    Aug 22 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation, Interest Rates, And Why You Should Own Gold [View article]
    I think you're the one under the influence of something. The author is suggesting if debt levels rise very high, the federal government would have to actually begin taxing the middle class at much higher rates. The author correctly pointed out that the bottom half don't pay ANY federal income taxes, an the middle class only pays 3%. If rates remain the same, obviously these percentages won't change, but in order to raise more revenues during high debt times, governments will RAISE rates on the middle and lower classes, as they're paying practically 0 today.
    Aug 22 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation, Interest Rates, And Why You Should Own Gold [View article]
    He said 3% FEDERAL tax, as in federal INCOME tax. Sounds accurate to me. Top 10% pay more than half of all federal income taxes. top 49% probably pay 96%+ of it, so that leaves the middle 50% paying next to nothing.
    Aug 22 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inflation, Interest Rates, And Why You Should Own Gold [View article]
    "But in 2007, total debt was just $9 billion vs. $16.7 billion at the end of 2013."

If only our debt was in the billions. It's Trillion, not billion.
    Aug 22 10:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Attractive Alternatives To Play A Higher Gold Price [View article]
    I still hold my position ~220K shares.
    Aug 15 09:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment