Omer Altay

View Omer Altay's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Do Not Trust Bitcoin [View article]
    Sellers/Merchants can accept Bitcoin without EVER holding bitcoins, thus having ZERO currency fluctuation risk. That's how Overstock and MOST bitcoin merchants do it via Bitpay.
    Mar 10 09:28 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Allied Nevada Has Bottomed Out [View article]
    No new info in this article that wasn't mentioned in previous ANV articles (including mine)
    Mar 4 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuvilex: Paid Promotion Marijuana Bubble Set To Burst [View article]
    Lol what? No one gets hurts on the way up? This pump and dump scam is going to fall apart and bag holders are going to get creamed. It's going to happen. Fact. The anatomy of these penny stock pumps and dumps are so obvious. I have no sympathy for anyone buying these obvious pumps when they inevitably crash. It's not a matter of if, just when.
    Feb 28 11:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold's Correlation To Global Money Supply Implies $1,800 Per Ounce [View article]
    Shadowstats numbers are woefully inaccurate. Official CPI understates inflation, but Shadowstats is a joke. Their #s suggest 10% annual inflation since 2005. That means prices have more than doubled for consumer goods since 2005. This is just patently false. My groceries haven't more than doubled in prices. Neither has most things.
    Feb 24 02:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EdR - The Head Of The Class Or Getting Schooled? [View article]
    Why not buy CCG at less than book? Growth is less, but seems like a better value.
    Feb 21 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Allied Nevada Gold - Huge Relative Value And Ripe Takeover Target [View article]
    Marigold sold for $275M.
    Feb 5 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Developments At Allied Nevada Make A Buyout More Likely [View article]
    They didn't carry Hasbrouck @ the NPV showed in the presentation on their balance sheet. Hycroft's NPV @ 6% discount as per an earlier presentation was over $2.5 billion at CURRENT prices. ANV only has ~550M of property on its balance sheet.
    Jan 31 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Developments At Allied Nevada Make A Buyout More Likely [View article]
    Read Russ Winter's response. Management at West Kirkland is no fly by night operation. They're veterans in the industry. If the property makes sense, and they have a good track record, they can find financing.
    Jan 30 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Developments At Allied Nevada Make A Buyout More Likely [View article]
    I did research the offer. It looks doable and they already put down a 500K downpayment.
    Jan 29 11:28 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Developments At Allied Nevada Make A Buyout More Likely [View article]
    Agreed that Hycroft is a much better deal than Osisko's mines. 20 million proven and probable reserves @ less than $50 per ounce ev is incredible. Huge inferred and indicated resource base too.
    Jan 29 10:53 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Uh. Then short it if you think so. I'm long and I'm in profit. My investment thesis hasn't changed. Risk/Reward is still good. ANV is cheap and will rise with gold prices or get bought out.
    Jan 15 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Allied Nevada receives $7.50/share takeover offer, shares +27% premarket [View news story]
    I Called CB Capital on the # on the original press release. I Was told the Press release was indeed legitimate and that they would release something more soon. That's all he told me. I gave him my name, number, and email. When in doubt, call. I should have pressed for more info, but I doubt they could have told me anything.
    Jan 14 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Offer for Allied Nevada was fake [View news story]
    Jan 14 02:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    +9% is not unchanged. I would have preferred +75%, but +9% isn't bad!
    Jan 14 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Time will tell. It's still halted. I'm skeptical and am not counting my chickens before they hatch.
    Jan 14 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment