Omer Altay

View Omer Altay's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Attractive Alternatives To Play A Higher Gold Price [View article]
    I still hold my position ~220K shares.
    Aug 15 09:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Attractive Alternatives To Play A Higher Gold Price [View article]
    Van Eck and State Street sold a ton of shares recently. Institutional re-balancing I imagine. When selling abates ANV should recover.
    Aug 15 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Maximize Your Gold Exposure: Buy Junior Miners That Trade Like Mispriced Call Options [View article]
    The Leaps @ 0.75 are a great deal. I may sell off some shares and replace with those options. May replace 60k shares with 1,800 contracts. Only problem is those commissions. My main brokerage is 0.35/per
    Jul 30 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like my broker with Merill Edge (Bank of America) - 100 free trades every month. Flat rate beats per share too. I'd pay a small fortune to buy a lot of shares at 0.007 per
    Jul 30 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Long ANV. Mill expansion will produce over 800k AUEQ per year for the life of the project @ $404 per ounce cash cost (silver credit).

NPV 5%/After tax:

NPV at 1300 gold /21 silver = 1.7B
    NPV at 1400 gold / 23 silver = 2.2B

$100 gold increase = $600M in NPV increase. $2400 gold should be increase in $6 billion, which is $60. This is super conservative too, as more and more gold is economical at Hycroft at $2400. $3.30 -> $60 would be quite the gain!
    Jul 29 11:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pay Attention To Junior Miners In Nevada [View article]
    Anyone have thoughts on Allied Nevada Gold (ANV)? I wrote about them three times so far and its my largest holdings.

-250K AU production CURRENTLY, jumps to 600K, then 800K AUEQ once expansion is complete, but expansion costs $1.3B. NPV of ~$1.7B for expansion.
    20M AuEQ proven and probable reserves. Resources @ 50M
    -Nevada based
    -350M market cap only.

Thoughts? Low grade, but costs are fairly low.
    Jun 27 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bitcoin Discussion Forum [View instapost]
    I mined 100 or so bitcoins back when it was easier to do. Sold half at $30 after price rose from $2 to $30ish. It dropped to $8 or so and I thought I was a market timing genius. Still have some.

My only word of advice on trading bitcoins is to be careful. The biggest risk is the exchange. Whenever possible DO NOT let a third party hold your bitcoins. Counter-party risk is huge since there is zero recourse in bitcoin frauds/theft/etc.
    Jun 25 12:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Allied Nevada Gold considers stake sales [View news story]
    It doesn't take a genius to realize they can't finance the Hycroft expansion on their own. They don't have the cash and sentiment in the gold mining industry is dire. Your comment is pointing out the obvious, albeit being a bit misleading. Their current debt levels have nothing to do with them "worrying". The reality is as I stated. They can't finance a $1.3B expansion on their own. Period. It has nothing to do with them being worried about their debt levels.
    Jun 24 12:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Allied Nevada Gold considers stake sales [View news story]
    Why would management talk about those lawsuits? Why would you? They're meaningless and even mentioning them would give them more credit than they're due. Anytime a stock goes down 50-70%, law firms line up to sue the company and management. This is nothing new, it happens to EVERY company, EVERY time stock prices decline sharply. The lawsuits are a non-issue.

Complaining about investors shorting their stock is a desperate move. Any time a company criticizes short sellers, it tells the world management would rather complain about something they can'tucontrol rather than focus on improving their own business.
    I'm glad you sold out and as did many other retail investors when ambulence chasing lawfirms released those spooky press releases, gave me a chance to buy in cheap.
    Long 200K shares, in profit quite a bit, but holding for much bigger gains.
    Jun 24 12:39 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Allied Nevada Gold considers stake sales [View news story]
    I think we'll see a huge spike in share price once a deal is announced. Market is going to be surprised when someone pays a huge amount for a stake in Hycroft. I don't expect a deal to be announced right away, but in the coming weeks. They're in early stages of discussions, but if gold price starts moving up, they'll want to strike a deal quickly.

Long ANV. I hold an irresponsible amount of shares as a % of my Portfolio.
    Jun 24 12:27 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Allied Nevada Gold - After Osisko, Allied Nevada Is A Prime Takeover Target [View article]
    Something is definitely imminent. Management already stated they hired Credit Suisse to look for a partner 2 months ago, so they might announce something soon. No way to know for sure though.
    Jun 20 01:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Seabridge Gold's Dirt, Dirt-Cheap And Buy It Now [View article]
    Ken,

Why Seabridge over other cheap miners? That's my only issue with Seabridge. It's cheap, has a lot of leverage to gold, but it's not nearly the best play. ANV has 20M proven and probable gold reserves (AuEQ) and 40M resources (AuEQ), and requires 1.3b Capex to produce 800k ounces a year, currently @ 250K ounces a year. Why Seabridge over ANV? Your thesis makes sense for Seabridge, but most miners are very cheap today. Some A LOT more than others.
    Jun 20 10:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Seabridge Gold's Dirt, Dirt-Cheap And Buy It Now [View article]
    You sir, nailed it. 5.3B initial capex with such a low pre tax IRR? This will NEVER get built unless gold prices skyrocket. Much MUCH better options out there than Seabridge gold.

ANV is my pick, 26.5% after tax, 5% discounted IRR, 20M+ gold equivalent ounces PROVEN/PROBABLE. Much lower initial capex of 1.3b (still pricey, but reasonable).

Why even mention it's trading at 0.003 cents on the dollar? You're looking at gold in the ground. If you can't take it out, guess what? It's worth 0.000 on the dollar.
    Jun 11 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Xinyuan Real Estate And Its Undeserved Label, American Style [View article]
    I used to own XIN, but the 13% interest rate made no sense. Why would they borrow at 13% when their book value is $10+? Something is fishy
    Jun 9 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Based on the technical reports the reserves are massive and the costs are low (after swallowing the initial capex).
    May 31 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment