On2Freedom

View On2Freedom's Comments BY TICKER:
  • I Bought AT&T For The First Time And This Is Why [View article]
    You raise a very good point. Thanks for sharing.
    Mar 24, 2015. 07:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Bought AT&T For The First Time And This Is Why [View article]
    You are absolutely right. My DCF analysis put the fair value at around 17$ but the price chart shows 21$ (20.90$ on 2008-10-10). Instead of 17$ it should read 21$. Thanks for reading.
    Mar 24, 2015. 07:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Dividend Cut The End Of The World? Total Return And Final Thoughts, Part V [View article]
    wienec,

I did not in this case.
    Mar 7, 2015. 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wienec,

I did perform that exact analysis in part IV. Take a look at the results:

Mar 7, 2015. 06:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Buyandhold,

I appreciate your commentary and this is where I feel investors need to know their companies. The ones you have pointed out I would say are the exception rather than the rule. I mean, we can add WFC as having successfully rebounded but the same cannot be said about BAC or some other banks. How do we know which one will thrive? I agree with Mike that each should be evaluated on a case by case basis but in general, I would say sell and look to see maybe later when the dust has settled whether there is the potential for recovery.

Thanks for reading and sharing your opinion.
    Mar 5, 2015. 04:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks so much.
    Mar 5, 2015. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

I do like the case by case basis, but I feel one should know their company enough to already know whether things are going far too south or whether there is hope. GE I think is the example of hope because it had diversification, but the GE capital side is what hurt the company the most.
    Mar 5, 2015. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SDS,

I completely agree but I think such a study would be best completed using the spreadsheet you provided in order to complete a randomized controlled experiment (or in this case analysis). I needed something that was similar in size in order to complete the comparisons that I did do. Furthermore, although the DG50 contains the crème de la crème of DGI, I feel that it should be compared to such a group because they companies had a chance to be much like them or in some cases were like them. Thanks for reading despite the long day. Hope you get some good rest!
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    A 7% increase would be nice for sure. Let's home it is somewhere around that for sure. thanks for reading.
    Mar 2, 2015. 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    Baldy,

You are absolutely right regarding the statement. I did not finish my thought when I refer to the higher dividend income. A lower price provides an opportunity to purchase more shares which in turn provides higher dividend income compared to purchasing fewer shares when share prices are elevated.

Thank you for pointing that out and thanks for reading.
    Mar 2, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    Dylan,

I would love to hear and have you share here on the comment board what positive catalysts you think will move JNJ upward in the near future. It will provide everyone here some information to help them make a more informed investment decision.
    Mar 2, 2015. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    Thanks very much for the comment. I find it an excellent exchange as well. I am not here to rip someone down but rather attempt to inform myself along the way and provide additional information for investors to consider.
    Mar 2, 2015. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    I haven't yet established my list, but I am looking at LYB, OXY, PEP, and researching others at the moment. Still got a bit of work to really establish my buy list and determine my position sizing.

Thanks for the comment and for reading!
    Feb 28, 2015. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    Appreciate your insight FindingZeta. I will definitely think about it.
    Feb 28, 2015. 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • People Are Buying Johnson & Johnson, But I'm Not Just Yet [View article]
    4 years ago is a time that I would have loved to have gotten into the stock. You have such a nice margin of safety that I can't see being touched unless the market tanks hard! Good for you. Buy when others are fearful...
    Feb 27, 2015. 08:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment