On2Freedom

View On2Freedom's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Corning Gorilla Glass Retains Its Dominance Over GT Advanced Technologies' Sapphire [View article]
    Your conclusion that GTAT will have a hard time meeting guidance assumes that you believe GTAT thought they would have produced enough sapphire to be in the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. You must then think that since earnings for the company were released last month, and they revised their guidance down to the lower end that they knew they would not be in the iPhone 6. This means that the company believes that with it's other products and services (because it offers much more than just sapphire screens) that they can meet their guidance. Logical fallacy. Now yes it hurts that it is not in the iPhone 6, but your article is way too boastful. Sapphire will eventually make it. Why would Apple invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a facility in AZ to make sapphire for the Apple Watch. Seems a like a waste of capital for something so meaningless. Keep an eye on GTAT. You may be on the other side of the fence soon enough (watching those of us who are long reaping great profits). It can happen.

Long GTAT.
    Sep 10 07:59 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced -3.5% on 2-notch CLSA downgrade [View news story]
    I guess CLSA just doesn't get it.
    Aug 20 12:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Might Not Use Sapphire, Short GT Advanced Technologies [View article]
    Glad to see that this ridiculous article is not affecting the stock price; short all you want but GTAT will make you $$$$ in the long run. You short, I buy, that simple!!!!
    Jul 18 12:20 PM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The F-Score Dividend Portfolio Update And Final Thoughts [View article]
    Anarchist,

Thanks for following the series. Appreciate your comments. Best of luck in your investing!
    Feb 13 09:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Piotroski F-Score Dividend Portfolio: How Things Can Change Quickly [View article]
    Hi TrueBlue1873,
    I thank you for reading these articles and I appreciate your comments. I use Gurufocus.com to screen the stocks based on the F-Score. Gurufocus.com does all the calculating and they are less than forthcoming in breaking down how each stock scores on the 9 criteria in order to see progression or regression. Why PEP is now a 9 is still a mystery to me and I would have to go in and look at it closely and perhaps calculate each of the scores individually. I would suspect that perhaps something in their recent quarterly earnings may have been an improvement from the previous year to propel it to a 9. Also, Gurufocus.com indicated that they made some adjustments to the screen for better accuracy as there were no 9's previously. I am still waiting to find out what was done or what glitch was fixed.

To be more honest, I am considering changing my data source for the F-Screen in the new year. I think I will be moving from Gurufocus.com to Oldschoolvalue.com as they actually show how the stocks scored on each of the 9 criteria. this is one reason why I am strongly considering changing subscriptions. yes, both are subscription based and the costs are not light!

I hope this helps. All the best in your investments.
    Dec 3 08:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has A Buying Opportunity In Baxter International Occurred? [View article]
    Thanks for the comments. I like insiders!
    Nov 22 08:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has A Buying Opportunity In Baxter International Occurred? [View article]
    Thanks for the comments.
    Nov 22 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has A Buying Opportunity In Baxter International Occurred? [View article]
    Pman701,

I would love a correction, and I hope it comes cause I would add to my position further if it does. I hope your prediction is accurate.
    Nov 22 08:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has A Buying Opportunity In Baxter International Occurred? [View article]
    eltoro,

Thanks for the complements. Good luck.
    Nov 22 08:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has A Buying Opportunity In Baxter International Occurred? [View article]
    Hi maybenot,

I think it is a real solid company. That's why I initiated a position in it when the dividend yield was above 3%.
    Nov 22 08:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Portfolio Built Using The Piotroski F-Score [View article]
    Dmarque,

The dividend growth rate was calculated by Gurufocus.com. They do not clearly state how they calculate it and I have asked them on several occasions to elaborate on their methodology to no avail. When I get answer, I will let you know. They say that their data is from morningstar and that they crunch the numbers themselves.
    Nov 22 08:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Portfolio Built Using The Piotroski F-Score [View article]
    Hi jlalbalos,

To confirm the annual dividend streaks, I relied on the Dividend CCC's prepared by David Fish. He did not include these two in the CCC's for different reasons, therefore, I followed his lead and removed them for the list. Thanks.
    Nov 22 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Portfolio Built Using The Piotroski F-Score [View article]
    Hi Tony Pow,

Thanks for reading. I find that REITs are appropriate because they are equities, do pay dividends and are subject to market and economic conditions as all other stocks.

Thanks for your suggestions too. I will look into it. All the best.
    Nov 22 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Portfolio Built Using The Piotroski F-Score [View article]
    aretailguy,

Thanks for your comments. I feel encouraged to continue this work so long as I have great readers like yourself reading and commenting! All the best.
    Nov 22 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Portfolio Built Using The Piotroski F-Score [View article]
    Miguel Arnot,

Thanks for reading and commenting. I too am long JNJ and O and I cannot say that these companies, nor the other ones you mentioned are financially stressed. They may have experienced a down year previously and have since recovered.
    Nov 22 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment