ONeil Trader

View ONeil Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Is 3D Systems Ready To Rally? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. I'm aware of the issues you addressed. We certainly had a correction in momentum stocks in the last two-three months, which is not visible when you look at the S&P500 or the Dow. My technical view is that we might get a rally here that takes the stock north of $60 (and as the fundamentals eventually get better than are now, but this is a few months from now).

And sure, if we get a more severe pullback, DDD will certainly go down with the rest of the market. I don't see that happening right now, but I am very flexible with my views, and if the situation changes for the worse, I will be prepared.
    May 27, 2014. 08:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Facebook Should Be Trading At $90 By The End Of 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for your input. As for the maturing of the business, It's just one part of the business, while the others are just starting to grow, as was mentioned in the article. Whatsapp, Instagram, Creative Labs should keep the growth fresh in the next couple of years, with continued strength (albeit at a slower pace) in the core business.
    May 4, 2014. 04:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Facebook Should Be Trading At $90 By The End Of 2014 [View article]
    Sure, it would be insane if EBITDA was not growing at such and expected to keep growing significantly in the future.
    May 4, 2014. 04:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Might Surprise Investors Next Week [View article]
    Darbyred, thanks for your input. I was talking about Q1 particularly, but the new product momentum should continue throughout 2014 and beyond.
    Apr 23, 2014. 10:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why 3D Systems Should Continue To Rise In 2014 [View article]
    I agree. The price will have ups and downs, but the long-term industry trends are quite positive.
    Jan 10, 2014. 12:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton: Where Is The Bottom? [View article]
    That is in my mind too. That is why I'm still on the sidelines. I'm waiting to see a eventual pickup in inflation before I get on board with gold and silver (SLW as well).
    Dec 10, 2013. 06:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has 3D Systems Topped? [View article]
    I really doubt that I moved the stock, there was a broad selloff in many momentum stocks, like solar and China smallcaps.
    Nov 19, 2013. 05:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Is Feeling The Weight Of The Market [View article]
    I would expect them to turn more aggressively on advertising when they focus more on the consumer initiative, that would be the way to go. Although the consumer initiative has started, it is not yet a major revenue contributor. And I think they get plenty of attention without advertising anyway.
    Oct 10, 2013. 01:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big Stock Principle [View article]
    I know that the stock is overvalued. But that is often not the reason for the stock to go down. Investor perception needs to change. And when it does, the drop might be dramatic, similar to the ones we saw in previous big stocks of our past.
    Oct 3, 2013. 06:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Beyond Short Covering [View article]
    A higher price might force the shorts to cover. That means they must buy the stock. If there is a large short interest, like there is in Tesla, if they all start to cover, it puts the pressure on the stock price as demand rises, and might cause other shorts to also cover. And hence, you might have a short squeeze at hand.
    Apr 24, 2013. 11:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: History Repeats Itself [View article]
    Yes, the numbers are split adjusted, the short interest increase is real.
    Apr 2, 2013. 01:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: Where Is The Bottom? [View article]
    I think you underestimate their ability to grow organically.

Regarding the falling knife, that is true, and I never buy in a downtrend. And I advised further caution and said that there is more evidence needed for a bottom.
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: The Bumpy Road To Greatness [View article]
    ingr72, I am sorry, I did not mean to offend you. It was just a joke, I agree with what you said.
    Mar 7, 2013. 10:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Railroads: 2 Leaders, 2 Laggards [View article]
    That was not the point of the article. It was relative performance. And other three stocks were clear winners.

You should not hate CSX.
    Feb 11, 2013. 05:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Short Squeeze Plays [View article]
    It's a trade idea, not investment advice. High short interest + solid growth of EPS and sales + bullish price action.
    Feb 8, 2013. 12:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment