View as an RSS Feed
View Ong Kang Wei's Articles BY TICKER:
Restructuring My Dividend Portfolio, Part 1: Using Options To Boost Income Flow
- This is the first article of a two-part instalment about the restructuring of my dividend portfolio.
- In this article, I describe how I have decided to keep a permanent base of cash in my portfolio to take advantage of investment opportunities.
- But opportunities do not arise frequently, and while I wait for opportunities, I will put the cash to work by using a low-risk options strategy to generate income.
Swisher Hygiene: An Oversold Turnaround Company With Over 40% Upside
- Swisher has been one of the worst performing stocks in the market, declining in excess of 95% over the past 3 years.
- This has been caused by its acquisition-driven history (which led to class action lawsuits), its unprofitable business and its seemingly very weak financials and earnings.
- In reality, financials may not be as bad as investors see it to be, and the company has good future prospects with a viable business model.
- New management is serious about staging a turnaround, and has been taking concrete actions to improve the profitability of the business. In fact, its 2015 goal is a positive EBITDA.
- All these, coupled with an extremely low stock price that has 43% upside even in a bear-case scenario, makes the company a great buy for investors.
New Addition To My Dividend Compounding Portfolio: Duff & Phelps Income Fund
- I mentioned in my previous article that I would be searching for a high-yielding fund in my under-weighted sectors. I chose DNP after using a stock screener.
- DNP, a utility fund, has had a good track record of performance, and has paid a steady flow of dividends since its 1987 inception.
- Its fund manager, Nathan Partain has been managing the fund for 17 years, and has 27 years of investment experience.
- All these, coupled with a sky-high dividend yield of 7.6% and a narrowing price premium over NAV, makes DNP a great buy for my portfolio.
Kang's Dividend Compounding Portfolio: 2014 Review
- My dividend compounding portfolio calls for a review at least once a year.
- This time, I have removed some lower-yielding stocks temporarily to redeploy the funds into other higher-yielding dividend stocks.
- The portfolio has kept to its targets according to the many metrics I used to measure performance, and looks all geared up for the new year.
Wisconsin Energy Continues To Be A Great Dividend Pick For The Long Term
- Developments have predominantly been positive since my previous article over a year ago.
- Specifically, positive developments like its merger with Integrys and a management that continues to be conservative yet practical outweighs negative ones such as effects of weather and the government.
- Although prices have increased since then, a DCF valuation on the company still indicates that there is still a margin of safety if investors buy shares today.
Shop Right With Shoprite: Invest In The Wal-Mart Of Africa
- Shoprite has grown remarkably well in South Africa despite a weak retail environment.
- South African growth is expected to continue given Shoprite's off-price retailing style, the moat it has and its popularity among South Africa.
- Shoprite's expansion in other areas of Africa will be the main driver of growth in the years to come, with increasing demand from a larger, more wealthy population.
- Being the largest retailer in the African continent, it has economies of scale and credibility, making it well-positioned to take full advantage of growth in Africa.
- Shoprite is also fairly valued, if not, undervalued according to DCF valuation, with around 12% upside from today's levels.
- Monitise: This High Growth Mobile Company With 40% Upside Makes My 2014 Pick
- Hingham Institution For Savings: A Solid Community Bank With 35% Upside
- My Income Portfolio Of 30: 2nd Half Of 2013 Review
- LeapFrog: An Undervalued Gem That Can Leap 20%
- Bank Of New Jersey: A Thriving Community Bank With 30% Upside
- Landauer: A Turnaround Play With Fabulous Dividends, A Great Business And Niche
- The 4 Key Points To Look For In Businesses
- Stantec: A Budding Canadian Design Company
- My Updated Income Portfolio Of 30
- Researching Dividend Stocks: Part 2 - Going Into The Details
- Ingredion: Sweetened Profits For Your Portfolio
- Researching Dividend Stocks: Part 1 - Identifying The Stocks
- Tupperware: Enticing Dividends, Famous Brand, And Fast Growth
- Kinder Morgan Management: Have Your Cake And Eat It Too
- Share Buybacks Vs. Dividends: Which Is More Beneficial?
- 4 High DGR Stocks With Yields Above 4%
- High Growth, Strong Fundamentals And A 7% Yield From A Great Alliance
- U.S. Physical Therapy: Get Physical With This Fast Growing, Fundamentally Strong Small Cap
- Wisconsin Energy: A High Growth, Fundamentally Strong, Low Beta Pick For My Dividend Portfolio
- Altria And Lorillard: Smoking-Hot Cigarette Stocks With Juicy Dividends
- My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Selling Guidelines And General Rules
- My Dividend Growth Portfolio: 7 Buying Guidelines
- Investing In Dividend Stocks: Why I Chose The Stocks In My Portfolio - Part 4
- Investing In Dividend Stocks: Why I Chose The Stocks In My Portfolio - Part 3
- Textainer: A Strong Company With Favorable Prospects And A 5% Yield
- Investing In Dividend Stocks: Why I Chose The Stocks In My Portfolio - Part 2