Onuora Amobi

View Onuora Amobi's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Are The Implications Of Bill Gates Potentially Selling Off All His Microsoft Stock? [View article]
    I agree.
    May 6 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 5 Most Important Criteria For Deciding Whether To Hold Or Sell Facebook Stock [View article]
    Your critique is simplistic and misplaced. I own zero Facebook stock and don't plan on buying any either way. I just do the analysis for fun.

The 5 points are my opinion and are based on extensive experience in the online business space.

The what ifs are not basic competitive business strategy. Mark Zuckerberg made some pretty outlandish choices with WhatsApp and if they are repeated will be a BAD sign.

I also stated the following

---
    I don't believe a new sexy platform can wipe Facebook off the map entirely.

They have widely implanted so many API's over the web (likes, recommends, comments, etc.) that this company will be with us for a very long time.
    ----

Seems you didn't read this too closely before you commented.

Thanks anyway.
    May 3 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Well said. I agree!
    May 2 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks!
    May 2 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good response. Thank you.
    May 2 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They could blow out 10 more quarters and you are still wise to be on high alert. The bigger they are....
    May 2 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My insight is worth what I charge for it.

I LOVE THAT!
    May 2 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thats one way to look at it.

Thanks!
    May 2 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the compliment.

I agree with your points, it is the cult of Mark at this point.
    May 2 11:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I actually can have it both ways. I think it's a company with great potential but massive risk.

I think the entire market understands that basic fact.

Thank you.
    May 2 09:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad you feel that way, thanks for the comment.
    May 2 04:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I should tell you my Yahoo and Excite at Home stories.

:-)
    May 2 04:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    That's an interesting way of looking at it that I hadn't considered. That is a viable possibility.

I do however tend to believe that adults tend to use stable and mature products and will only move once the alternative value is obvious and overwhelming.

At that point, it could be argued that they were going to leave anyway, whether or not the kids realized the value.

Great point though.

Thanks.
    May 2 04:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks so much for the comment.
    May 2 04:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Google has grown way beyond their founders at this point. That's why Eric Schmidt was able to step in and out easily.

Amazon would be similar but that's a very strong, autonomous business. It would run well with a seasoned CEO.

When you have a company with over a billion customers run by a kid who started it in a dorm room and which now has huge amounts of public resources behind it, risk takes a different meaning.
    May 2 04:33 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment