Onuora Amobi

View Onuora Amobi's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft Announces 100 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold - Behind The Numbers [View article]
    :-)
    May 7 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's Strong Earnings Almost Have This Critic Impressed (I Said Almost) [View article]
    Sounds interesting but the future challenge will be getting phones to handle all that heavy lifting and still have a full day's battery life.

Haven't seen the software or hardware to make that happen yet.
    May 4 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They already do.
    May 3 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Quite existent.

May 2 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jury's out on that one buddy.

Doesn't really matter what I'm looking for. So far it seems that the market is firmly entrenched in Windows XP and 7.

:-)
    May 2 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good response.

My take on the future is that PC's will disappear but docking stations, keyboards and monitors will be with us forever.

With those peripherals, you can easily "type this whole thing, and jump back and forth between SEC documents, on a tablet."

Thanks for the comment.

:-)
    May 2 01:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • As Microsoft Pivots Toward Windows Blue, It Is Vulnerable To A Google Challenge [View article]
    Closer to the latter. :-)

I write these articles because it's a hobby, its intellectually stimulating and the editors are very thorough.

Fun.

As to how I make my money, that's absolutely none of your business.
    Apr 7 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad you feel that way.

We are doing just fine with Google Business apps. Just faster and more intuitive for what we need.

Have you tried them?
    Apr 7 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gartner Indicates That MSFT May Be In Some Serious Trouble [View article]
    Breaking up the company the way you describe actually makes a lot of sense. It would refocus the company and give each side room to innovate.
    Apr 6 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gartner Indicates That MSFT May Be In Some Serious Trouble [View article]
    In general I agree which is why I shivered when I realized I agreed with them.

There's a saying thats true though "Even a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day".
    Apr 6 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gartner Indicates That MSFT May Be In Some Serious Trouble [View article]
    Well written and thoughtful so i will respond. :-)

**Desktops and laptops are vital tools for creating content, and will be around in some form for many years to come.**

I agree. Whether they will run Windows is another thing.

**Microsoft pricing is sensible. It is comparable to the Apple line, which today is the only true alternative to Windows for desktops and laptops except for relatively few users of Unix or Linux.**

I have to violently disagree. Apple is a known and understood quantity. There has been no backlash at OS X or massive complaints about the user interface. In addition, Apple are well regarded as masters of the UI and making things easier for the user. Finally, Apple are grand wizards at creating perceived value i,e, being able to make consumers pay large sums of cash for products. This is not something Microsoft can simply replicate.

**Windows 8 is not at all confusing. Moreover, there are numerous variants of "start is back" downloads than can put a Windows 8 PC in a Windows 7 shell without giving up the benefits of Windows 8.**

Windows 8 is not confusing? Nothing more to say to that.

Regarding the utilities, I agree, they do exist.

**The Surface tablets are far from a disaster. They are slick, very functional, and fun to use, combining MS Office with a library of solid applications and in the case of Pro full backward integration into the entire Windows applications world. I can't imagine using any other tablet.**

I never called them a disaster. They're just too expensive.

**Storage limitations are apocryphal. The Surface 64 GB has more storage than the 32GB Ipad. The 128 GB unit more than the 64GB Ipad. Why these comparisons? Until recently, there only were 32 and 64 GB versions of the Ipad. Moreover, the Surface storage can be expanded while Ipads cannot. I have not heard any serious complaints about Ipad storage. And, in today's world, Skydrive or Dropbox are the real storage alternatives with virutally infinite capacity.**

I find this amusing. When I say the Surface is too expensive compared to an iPad, they say its a computer not a tablet. When I say it doesnt have enough storage, people say it's a tablet not a computer. The truth is, not everyone wants to keep theri data in the cloud so the lack of storage is a real concern (for $1100).

**Windows 8 will continue to improve, and Windows 8 devices will surely continue to advance in form and function.**

I hope so too but investors have to be prepared for a different outcome.
    Apr 6 10:20 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gartner Indicates That MSFT May Be In Some Serious Trouble [View article]
    You're right, I didn't.

I think that the internal and external obstacles the company faces trump that strength.

As an investor, i believe you need to look beyond how good or strong something looks now.
    Apr 6 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you.

:-)
    Apr 3 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know RJ.

I was in your camp until I tried to configure Sharepoint 365. Since I dont have a PhD, i guess it wasn't for me.

Microsoft does have mature established solutions and the traditional Microsoft Office suite can't be beat. Google is just really good at web apps and phones...all they need is a desktop OS.
    Apr 2 07:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    True but Google's Business apps really work well.

Scary but true.