Option Maestro

View Option Maestro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chesapeake Granite Wash Trust Revisited [View article]
    I am wondering where I can find distribution estimates beyond 2nd qtr 2017 if possible. If not what factors would you assume make the distribution beyond that greater or less than say 35 cents? I expect natural gas to grind higher very slowly longer term but see lots of volatility in between. Perhaps a range between 3.25 and 5 for 2014. Will this do better if gas prices spike or is it still too early? I should understand these better, and thought I did but the market has obviously proved me wrong. What are your thoughts on CHKR versus say SDR, ROYT, PER, and ECT?
    Dec 28, 2013. 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Corning Benefits Most From the Verizon-iPhone Marriage [View article]
    I am looking to add to Corning again at these levels. Looking at November call spreads.
    Apr 12, 2011. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corning Benefits Most From the Verizon-iPhone Marriage [View article]
    I took my money out of this spread today. I sold roughly 60% of my position and now my remaining spreads are on with zero risk, or the houses money.
    Mar 2, 2011. 09:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Options Trading With My Three Favorite Consumer Discretionary Stocks [View article]
    No there is a covered put under it, maintenance is $500 maximum. Both of the brokerage accounts I use only lock up $500 for each spread I am short. $15 - $10 = $5 x 100 shares = $500. You cannot lose more than $500 but you receive premium so it's even less. By the way, where are you getting that it's 2 years? The options are January 2012.
    Feb 3, 2011. 11:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corning Benefits Most From the Verizon-iPhone Marriage [View article]
    Yes I made a typo. As you can see the percentage calculation reflects a return of $300 from the spread. I will contact SA and see if they can edit that to avoid confusion. Thanks for the catch.
    Jan 27, 2011. 08:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dow Stocks to Buy-Write Now [View article]
    Buying the shares, and Writing (or selling) the call option(s) against them. But yes it could be "Write Right Now" too.
    Jan 17, 2011. 12:56 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investors Should Make Friends With Fear [View article]
    Thank you. Happy trading!
    May 21, 2010. 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I'm Buying Into the Market Correction [View article]
    Etop, I use several brokers. It depends on what you are looking for I suppose. Do you want tools, price, fills, etc...? I use TDA/TOS for equities and options, OptionsHouse for large option orders, and OptionsXpress for futures.
    May 11, 2010. 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How I'm Buying Into the Market Correction [View article]
    Premium columns reflect per contract prices as of market close Friday.
    May 10, 2010. 10:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I'm Playing Qualcomm [View article]
    The $8 credit was as of close Friday.. As of yesterday's close the net credit was roughly $4 for the May ratio... I assume there may be a chance to get in this morning (Tuesday) for slightly a higher net credit judging by pre-market...
    May 4, 2010. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Detailed Options Trade for a Potential Apple Reversal [View article]
    Apple is a great company, which is one of the reasons I didn't mind having the shares put to me for 200.. Not that I usually sell puts more than 60 days until they expire, but I am tempted to buy the July 200 put options and sell 2 of the July 190 puts against each one for a net credit of $220 per ratio spread.
    Mar 10, 2010. 04:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Detailed Options Trade for a Potential Apple Reversal [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and sorry I have not got back sooner... Once the bearish pattern was voided on March 4, 2010 (near the close, when it looked like Apple would finish the day above the open price from March 2 - which it did) I decided to close one of the 200 put option contracts, and the 210 put option contract from each of the ratio put spreads I opened, leaving the same amount of naked Apple put contracts open as before just raising my break even point if the stock ended up trading lower. I took a realized loss at that point of about $80 per ratio put spread but assuming Apple closes above 200 per share at March expiration I will lose much less and just about break even (after commissions).
    Mar 10, 2010. 12:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa: Next on the S&P 500? [View article]
    Looks like today is the day we've waited for! Announced after hours Friday and up almost 4% as of now.

On Jul 01 09:03 AM ScroogeMcduck wrote:

> I agree with you marco Ive been waiting anxiously for v to dip below
    > 60
    > A great buy!
    Dec 14, 2009. 07:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 37 Breakout Stocks on Big Volume, November 16, 2009 [View article]
    Not a bad pick for choosing out of 37 stocks, taking profits in it today.
    Nov 25, 2009. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Earnings Season Option Strategies [View article]
    Yes before commissions, however I pay flat $9.95 for all trades whether it's 1 contract or 2000 contracts through OptionsHouse... Check them out at: www.kqzyfj.com/click-3...

On Nov 07 02:00 PM TCK wrote:

> " even on eBay (EBAY), which sold off nearly 10% after earnings.
    > I was able to purchase back the put options (closed the position)
    > for a $4 per contract gain the following day. "
    > After looking at the the option prices, presuming this means the
    > profit was .04 per contract before commissions ?
    Nov 7, 2009. 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment