Option Maestro

View Option Maestro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 4 Earnings Season Option Strategies [View article]
    Yes, I took a quick beating on BIDU as it opened below my target price of 360; but just as I close the position on a large pop (as profit taking may occur in the next session(s)), I hold the put on a massive sell off with a stock like Baidu, I really don't mind taking ownership of (as stated in the article, is the key to this strategy), because buyers will most likely take advantage of the "new" lower price (as they did). Baidu is almost 50 points above the strike I sold with less than 2 weeks until expiration (not to mention the high theta just eating the premium away), and the position is currently resulting in a gain as of Friday's close. As stated in the post, these are all stocks I don't mind owning going forward, and if they get PUT to me, I'll take the stock at expiration and start cost averaging down by writing covered calls on them. Thanks for the comment.

On Nov 07 12:53 PM User 447425 wrote:

> You did not mention how thay BIDU earning strategy worked out for
    > you?
    Nov 7 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu and Perfect World: Two Trading Ideas [View article]
    It should have been Monday October 26, as Baidu reports after the bell today. Sorry for any confusion.
    Oct 26 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Earnings Season Options Strategy [View article]
    I am quite happy I opened this position! Apple just killed the expectations! Will certainly be happy tomorrow! Another positive for me is that it is bringing shares of Google up to a new 52-week high after hours!
    Oct 19 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu and Perfect World: Two Trading Ideas [View article]
    Sold the 40 puts yesterday on PWRD for $150 per contract and just closed the position for $20 per contract.
    Oct 14 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakout Stocks to Watch This Week [View article]
    This TIF strategy is really paying off!!
    Oct 8 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 50 Four-Day September Expiration Option Ideas [View article]
    Calculations are based on prices as of market close Monday September 14.

On Sep 15 09:42 PM S2009 wrote:

> The table is incomplete, no price at the time of publication or no
    > bid/ask for options. So if you do not see this table exactly at
    > the moment of publication (which is not shown, is it Sep 2009 or
    > Jan 2007 - nobody knows) it is basically useless.
    Sep 16 01:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Friday's Options Recap [View article]
    I thought it was unusual to see the Regions Financial (RF) September 5 puts trade amongst the most active, as it would need to lose about 12% over the next 5 trading days (which includes a $0.10 dividend spin out) in order for the bet to pay off. I noticed there was an unusually large amount of straddles opened for the December S&P 500 ETF (SPY) 105 strike.
    Sep 11 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Today in Commodities: Is 9 Your Lucky Number? [View article]
    Good article, I am using the UCO and USO for my oil trades and will remain in the call spreads until: (A) I get called out or (B) the dollar starts to get stronger (which I don't see anytime soon). I am also long the GLD LEAP 2011 50's and have been using diagonal call spreads to create income monthly. As of now I have written the September 98, 99, 100, and 101 against my LEAP GLD calls.
    Sep 9 06:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Not All Dividend Stocks Are Overvalued [View article]
    Good information. I like CLX and ABT. Although the dividend has been cut greatly y/y, I still hold Frontline (FRO) for the yield.
    Sep 9 01:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Takeover Update: Short Positions on Cadbury and Kraft [View article]
    Good info to know, thank you.
    Sep 9 01:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Option Spreads to Capture a Crude Move [View article]
    Correction: Crude inventories will be released Thursday due to the holiday Monday.
    Sep 9 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakout Stocks to Watch This Week [View article]
    Thank you Eli.

On Sep 09 08:52 AM Eli Hoffmann wrote:

> ENCO! Great call Marco!
    Sep 9 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AIG Up 409% and Still Not at Highs for the Year [View article]
    I purchased some September 30 put contracts while the stock was near $50 a share at noon. I think it is way overbought! Implied Vol on the put side should keep rising meaning even if the stock continues to rise, I may profit from the volatility on the puts... Have an order in to buy them back for $150 per contract (in at $80).
    Aug 27 12:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Shoe to Drop in Banking: An Options Strategy [View article]
    Good thoughts. I have similar strategies and other short option positions on many financials. I am hedging with Citigroup January 2010 5/12.50 Vertical call spreads.
    Aug 24 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will the Market Crash? [View article]
    I have been selling in the money calls for a week now... I actually splurged and even bought September put options on Thursday and Friday as well for many major banks as well as the highly leveraged FAS.
    Aug 17 04:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment