Option Maestro

View Option Maestro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Coming Economic Collapse, Part 3 [View article]
    Great article yet again! I have a question about the section : "The US government could tax every company and every American 100% of their annual incomes AND NOT PAY THIS OFF." I am wondering how many years this is taking into account... I assume 1 year?
    Jun 13 11:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Kindle DX: Hands-On Review [View article]
    Thanks for the review, I plan on buying one soon.
    Jun 13 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Option Ideas on Extremely Bullish Stocks [View article]
    You are correct, what I meant was % return. Thanks for catching that. My apologies.

On Jun 12 06:38 PM Bolt wrote:

> Marco, I have a question about your statement, "the higher the probability
    > of expiring above the indicated strike, the lower the premium."<br/>
    > First off, I'm an options newbie, so you probably know better than
    > I. But I have to say, I don't get why someone would pay less premium
    > for calls on a stock that is more likley to exceed the strike price.
    > Exceeding the strike price is the only way a call is worth anything
    > at op-ex, right? If so, doesn't higher probability of exceeding
    > the strike price equate to more likely profit and less perceived
    > risk? If so, isn't that higher probability of exceeding the strike
    > price worth more premium instead of less?
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can take a shot at clarification.
    Jun 13 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wheaton's Silver Lining [View article]
    SLW down over 3% today... Near low as of now. It has been on my watch list a while now. The way I am playing SLW is to buy the July 12.50 call options at a nickel a share- I have my limit set, but no luck yet.
    Jun 12 02:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackRock Lands iShares for $13.5 Billion: Who's Next? [View article]
    Nicely written. I am regretting selling my call options on Barclays which I got in near the bottom now... Sigh
    Jun 12 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Commodity ETFs with High Probability of Near-Term Success [View article]
    Check out GSG. I have been long some call option spreads since late April and it has paid off very nicely. I have already sold to cover what I have into it, and now I am just waiting for the next pop to take profits.
    Jun 12 02:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Ways to Ride Oil's Ups and Downs [View article]
    I am still sticking to what I wrote a few weeks back about crude peaking in mid July. I have been riding my option calls spreads and will start taking profits as we see 75-78 a barrel. I think we may see crude at 80-85 a barrel by mid July.
    Jun 12 02:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackRock Cuts $13.5 Billion Deal to Swallow Barclays Global Investors [View article]
    Well written, this will certainly be interesting to see how it unfolds.
    Jun 12 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Dow Jones Industrial Average: Calculations and Individual Weightings [View article]
    Okay, I have updated my blog with the XLS file for those who do not have Microsoft 2007. You can download it here: optionmaestro.blogspot...
    Jun 12 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'll see what I can do for you

On Jun 12 09:45 AM User 52486 wrote:

> could you save the file as xls? My office is very outdated and still
    > using office 2003.....
    Jun 12 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comments: The link from my blog works a bit better.
    Jun 11 11:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Get Long Black Gold? How Option Spreads Can Pay Off [View article]
    So have you traded out of this yet? As of today I traded out of a few of the contracts for a 396% gain.

On May 12 03:12 PM CoverIsBetter wrote:

> Hickey, is that a bar in your picture background? Please tell me
    > you weren't drinking while writing this recommendation.
    > I am all aboard this 35/40 spread for USO. See you at $5.00 on the
    > spread.
    Jun 11 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Coming Economic Collapse, Part 2 [View article]
    Nice article. Can you tell me where you found the information about taxes rising only 40% versus government spending rising 2600%? Thanks.
    Jun 8 06:52 AM | 26 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newspapers vs. Bloggers: The New News Process [View article]
    Nice article. I prefer taking a break from trading and reading blogs over newspapers.
    Jun 8 06:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks Will Fall 37% or Gold Will Rally 60% [View article]
    I have been bullish on gold for some time. I don't think a $1500 price tag is out of the picture in the next 18 months. I am currently in a leap 11 GLD 80/120 option spread. I purchased the leap 11 GLD 80 in January, and waited for a 15% rally in the GLD and then completed the spread.
    Jun 7 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment