Options Weekly

View Options Weekly's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Playing First Solar's Upcoming Earnings With Options [View article]
    I personally like to see a stock have a positive reaction when it beats the estimates. I rarely play the retracement and would wait for a nice rise above $150 before getting back into it. Their P/E ratio is higher than most of the solar companies and usually I don't mind paying the premium for a stock that keeps running (AMZN or NFLX etc.) but FSLR for some reason just doesn't seem to have it. For some reason, the market will not let this stock rise about the $150 area.
    Oct 30 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing First Solar's Upcoming Earnings With Options [View article]
    Joe, Thank you for the insight!
    Oct 25 07:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing First Solar's Upcoming Earnings With Options [View article]
    For the trade ideas visit my website.

www.optionsweekly.com/.../

Good Luck to all trading this one :-)
    Oct 24 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Five Reasons to Trust This Rally [View article]
    Follow the 52 week highs. For the past two weeks, there are 50 new highs for every new low. See my daily posts of new highs and lows at optionsweekly.com
    Sep 22 07:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pick of Week: Pharmaceuticals Company Expecting FDA Approval [View article]
    The options are predicting a move in the stock of more than $4. Look at the ATM Straddle. When the decision is released, even if it is during regular trading hours, the stock will move at least $2 in a flash (no time to trigger stop losses).

The only way to trade this announcement is with options or you are risking on the down side 15% - 35%.

Best of luck to everyone with this stock! I will be watching from the sidelines, eating popcorn, and drinking a beer!
    Sep 13 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prudential (PUK) may be the target of a takeover offer by a group of Chinese investors who had backed Pru's failed bid for AIA Group (AIG). Sources say the deliberations are still in early stages, while Pru says it is aware of the potential interest but hadn't opened talks yet.  [View news story]
    The correct company is ticker PUK on the NYSE
    Sep 13 02:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Is Perfectly Correlated, So Why Bother With Individual Stocks? [View article]
    Hi Mark,

Check out my correlation trade on Google yesterday. Was out of sync with the Nasdaq and then reverted. www.optionsweekly.com/...

Investors will always continue to play individual stocks hoping for a 100% return which is something the S&P has never done in under a year.
    Sep 2 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Higher Education Stocks [View article]
    Now that it is after earnings and COCO just made a new 52 week low, I am not one to "rub it in". I am here to teach people from my mistakes. I hate when people lose money in the markets because they "fall in love with a stock".

All I ask is that you go to www.optionsweekly.com and sign up for the free newsletter.

If you are interested in learning about trading you may want to read some of the past articles and the future ones in the newsletter.

There is a very good article about OpenTable & Amedisys, that would give you a great understanding of why CRM is up 10% today.
    Aug 20 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Higher Education Stocks [View article]
    avlamal, You may want to read the article on AMED, it would probably be a nice 52 week low stock to add to your portfolio :-)

My question for all the people who love & own stock in COCO. What where the prices you paid for your shares. $19, $12, $7 or $4.88.

Would it be correct to assume, most owners of COCO stock bought it for $4.88 when it made its most recent 52 week low and picked the absolute low?
    Aug 19 02:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Power One Has the Power [View article]
    I would consider it a buy at $10.62
    Aug 17 07:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Coinstar Trade Before Earnings [View article]
    Macallik, If it drops, are you looking to buy it for a rebound or short it for a continuation?
    Jul 29 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Coinstar Trade Before Earnings [View article]
    Here is the website for the trade idea.

Be sure to sign up for the newsletter!

www.optionsweekly.com
    Jul 28 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing Baidu Earnings With Options [View article]
    Good points Emilio

The end of the article is on my website, it discusses what happens when the stock doesn't move.
    Jul 23 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing Baidu Earnings With Options [View article]
    Thanks Ducktini for your kind words and ideas.

As I mentioned to Davveb, the person I directed this article to is the person who only knows how to long options.

I am amazed at the amount of people out there that trade options and have no idea what a covered call is!

Even though over 3000 people read this article yesterday, I do not for one second believe you will be out of business anytime soon :-)

Like the poker tables, there is always a new person ready to come and sit down!

Happy Trading
    Jul 22 07:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing Baidu Earnings With Options [View article]
    Hey Davveb,

Thanks for the kind words.

Soon I will start writing about really selling premium but right now I am sticking to the "easy stuff" for the newer traders to learn.

'Remember the olden days of selling naked puts that always expired worthless....
    Jul 21 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment