Osiso

View Osiso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 9 Stocks to Hold Forever [View article]
    I'm pretty sure Green Mountain's patents will be up within a couple of years. Barrier to entry will go down, yet the stock keeps going up....I've been thinking of shorting it, but need to hedge the short....
    Aug 26, 2010. 12:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seahawk Rig Market Values [View article]
    fyi i sold yesterday and got out of my position on HAWK due to upcoming earnings. many more attractive stocks out there right now in my opinion.....
    Jul 23, 2010. 08:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arm Holdings Should Move Thanks to Apple's iPad [View article]
    bought ARMH @ 10.2 sold @ 14.2 now MSFT's news has pushed the stock up again.....need to look into this a bit more now.
    Jul 23, 2010. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seahawk Rig Market Values [View article]
    can you reference where you got those values (exihbit 28) ? im probably going to exit my position in the next couple of days but wnat to figure out their burn rate first.
    Jul 7, 2010. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seahawk Drilling: Liquidation Values [View article]
    i bought a small position today @ 9.4 today. will sell @ 11 w/ a 9 stop loss.
    Jul 1, 2010. 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seahawk Drilling: Liquidation Values [View article]
    I checked HAWK's working rigs (33% only working) and its customers are mostly private firms and NOCs like Pemex. Oldest fleets out there belong to HAWK and HERO.

Although it looks cheap (I've shorted it @ 18 and 11 and went long @ 10 since I felt 10 was its floor, I think one needs to get more accurate values of its rigs which is the key.
    Jun 30, 2010. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing in Colombian Oil? Choose Gran Tierra Over Houston American [View article]
    I'm looking at doing a valuation on GTE given its latest find. Still working on it.
    Jun 30, 2010. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Russell Reconstitution Preliminary List Is Out [View article]
    I did fairly well picking up GSS, PPC, SANM and traded GGP @ the close for a decent return.

Now the deletions will be interesting come Monday. FUQI, LIWA, ELOY, DPY were interesting trades on Friday.
    Jun 26, 2010. 07:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Russell Reconstitution Preliminary List Is Out [View article]
    i have no position in SIRI, i liked it last year but never bought it. my image of this article was to see where siri would be placed (growth vs. value) and also other reconstitution plays.

my opinion on siri is that it will make the list, but it has a large float and im not sure how much it will pop. what i didnt put out there is another study im doing where im looking at what the ave daily volume is vs. how many shares will need to be bought....i'm doing this more for the deletions and seeing if there are any good short candidates.
    Jun 16, 2010. 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Russell Reconstitution Preliminary List Is Out [View article]
    no fear mongering here, in fact somebody from russell is on seeking alpha and i'll just shoot them an email.
    Jun 14, 2010. 06:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Russell Index Reconstitution - Which Energy Micro Caps Would Be Good Additions? [View article]
    i put up another one under russell rebalance that looked at the total index, that is a bit more up to date, but not since june 1st
    Jun 10, 2010. 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dril Quip buyout candidate? [View instapost]
    yup, i bought it last year @ 33-35 and sold day after the flash crash @ 55...looking to get back into it within 6 months. it has dropped what 50% from its high? if it goes under 40 i would start buying
    Jun 5, 2010. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dril Quip buyout candidate? [View instapost]
    yup, i did this last year for a private equity competition, this is a very brief write up of the initial report. key point is that since this report, one of the co founders has passed away and the remaining two are getting up there in age...they must be thinking about retiring
    Jun 3, 2010. 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gulf of Mexico Drillers: Bargains in the Aftermath? [View article]
    Bill,

There are 6 rigs that NE has in the GoM, but only two are in exploratory phase vs. production. I am thinking more of why the whole sector is getting hammered, and I wonder if dayrates are dropping....will keep an eye out for any news on dayrates.
    Jun 1, 2010. 07:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gulf of Mexico Drillers: Bargains in the Aftermath? [View article]
    I guess I should've gone short HERO also.
    Jun 1, 2010. 04:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment