Osiso

View Osiso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Long and Short Ideas for Energy Drillers [View article]
    RIG's got a bit of a debt issue, and in terms of my quant screen at this time a lot of its upside is already priced in. I agree that RIG is THE player but a good company doesn't equal a good stock entry point in my opinion.
    Apr 3, 2010. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long and Short Ideas for Energy Drillers [View article]
    Thanks for the note, I was looking only at US traded stocks (including ADRs) based on the S&P Mulitsource GICS in FactSet. Will keep an eye out for this one.
    Mar 28, 2010. 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long and Short Ideas for Energy Drillers [View article]
    I haven't looked at HERO in detail (mgmt, dcf valuation, etc), but looking at their fleet I would be surprised if it would be a buyout candidate. Keep in mind I have not looked at the firm in detail so its just my opinion. Jackup rates are coming up slightly, but with excess supply of Jackups still, you would have to look at HERO's fleet and the dayrates that they can command. Another idea is to look at their fleet's market value and see if HERO trades at a discount to its market value.
    Mar 28, 2010. 09:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Long and Short Ideas for Energy Drillers [View article]
    spicer,

Thanks for the info, I'm sure there will be exceptions such as Seadrill's West Navigator, whenever I've read conference reports or 10-Ks on these firms I feel that I need a good overview of the types of ships out there. I'm hoping this article can become that.

As far as the definition of deep water vs. ultra deep water if you can send over a link that would be great.
    Mar 28, 2010. 05:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long and Short Ideas for Energy Drillers [View article]
    These stocks were based on FactSet's sub-sectors, sometimes they may include stocks that were tied to sub-sectors, it had Bronco Drilling in there as well.
    Mar 28, 2010. 12:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long and Short Ideas for Energy Drillers [View article]
    I'll check into what he said, I haven't listened to Cramer in ages
    Mar 28, 2010. 12:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • We're Still Early in the Energy Cycle [View article]
    soo....any thoughts on the article?
    Mar 24, 2010. 09:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Masco Launches Home Services Unit To Focus on Efficiency Retrofits [View instapost]
    do you know if consumers will be able to get discounts from Wellhome under the Obama plan?
    Mar 6, 2010. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atwood Oceanics and Transocean: Two Deep Sea Drillers Due for a Rebound [View article]
    im sticking with NOV and DRQ...if anyone is interested I can share my analysis of DRQ with you. Quant screen did nicely last year (+150%)
    Mar 1, 2010. 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    how about DRQ? no debt, solid balance sheet, deep sea pure play.

or Oii?
    Feb 28, 2010. 10:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • National Oilwell Varco: Well Positioned in the Oil Patch [View article]
    any thoughts on the accruals hit to their SG&A in Q4? I need to redo my valuation after I figure out what the heck this means.
    Feb 5, 2010. 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Oilwell Varco: Right Industry at the Right Time [View article]
    its hot on my quant screen as well. i picked it up prior to latest earnings announcement. My RT revenue was spot on, but services is taking a more pronounced hit.....
    Feb 3, 2010. 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Services Niche Player Oceaneering International Rises Steadily with Crude [View article]
    bullish on oii & drq
    Dec 6, 2009. 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Amazon: Risky Investment at Current Price [View article]
    somewhere henry blodgett is thinking he needs to put a $600 target on AMZN. 10 yr growth for AMZN= 45%! i can't believe it either but its true. so can AMZN sustain 25% growth for the next 5 years, let alone 45% like it has done. Ebay, Yhoo, have not been able to do this.

I don't buy Kindle growth is going to tak this stock up like one of the messages stated.

My guess is that AMZN will be under $100 by December. Long term.....Henry Blodgett may be right after all....16 yrs after his call
    Oct 29, 2009. 12:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment