Pablo E. Laviola

View Pablo E. Laviola's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Bullish But Conservative Options Ideas For Small Investors [View article]
    Dear bionic1, thanks for welcoming me!
    You are right, I didn´t mention spread´s name. As it is in the money you do not need the underlying stock price to rise. You can profit the max gain if stock´s price remains as current.
    You are right, you can use the bull call spread for similar purposes without affecting your margin but without the credit.

Thanks for your comment!
    Mar 12, 2012. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Of The Best Banks In Latin America Selling At A Great Discount [View article]
    Inflation in Argentina was an average of 25% per year between 2007-2011. ARS/USD only slipped 13% in the last 25 months I am not researching, I´m telling you as Argentinean that everyday sees what happens. Hope you understand how much your profits could be damaged if you invest in Argentine stocks now.
    Feb 2, 2012. 10:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Also 19% of the deposits they received have been in U.S. dollars, and I believe this trend will increase over time. Also as long as the prime rate of the U.S. federal reserve stays at 0%, exchange loss from the Argentinian peso against the dollar is very unlikely."

FALSE!!!
    Feb 1, 2012. 09:13 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Currency Predictions For Q1 2012 [View article]
    Short Yen!
    Jan 31, 2012. 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Greek Drama, Yen Strength [View article]
    Yen is overpriced, it helped after natural disaster following months but now it is damaging exporters and many jobs.
    Jan 31, 2012. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Dollar Drops To Lowest Point Vs. Yen Since October's Intervention [View article]
    I agree! do you see 80 JPY/USD soon?
    Jan 31, 2012. 11:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Stocks to Buy in Overheating Argentina [View article]
    Nicholas, I am from Argentina too, we never learn the lesson. There is too much political manipulation of the money supply and the economy in general. As totaso said, real inflation is 25-40% yoy depending each product. I agree with you with MELI and YPF, I also suggest GGAL, a very profitable bank. I must warn you because we are going to have presidential elections in a few months and our peso/USD exchange rate can be affected the next year, so argentine stocks in USD could suffer in that way.
    Aug 5, 2011. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Lightning Round - Too Much Hot Money in SLV (7/13/11) [View article]
    Agree, long F and MCD!
    Jul 14, 2011. 01:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Moody's warns it may downgrade US credit rating [View article]
    get ready for a VIX-interesting thursday!
    Jul 13, 2011. 11:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Sell the Telcos? [View article]
    Last february I was in Cancun, I called from Mexico to Buenos Aires using my Nokia N97mini with Skype installed via hotel´s wifi and the rate was 0.02 per minute, in the hotel the landline phone rate was 7 USD per minute.
    Jul 10, 2011. 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Finishes First Half of 2011 Strong [View article]
    Nice comment Tdot!
    Jul 6, 2011. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Argentina-Based Stocks That Look Attractive [View article]
    De donde sos julenzi? Yo soy de BsAs, que opinas de las argentinas que cotizan en USA?
    May 24, 2011. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Play on RIM After Apple Moves Into Its Backyard [View article]
    I read a lot of your articles and I appreciate your opinions but you are not right at this time. I don´t know where you are but I can assure you that it is not all about the iphone in the rest of the world. I live in Argentina, and in this 40M people emerging country 8 out of 10 people buying a cell phone are buying a BB. I spend a lot of time with Colombian and many other latin people at the university, most of them uses BB and they are very satisfied. I am long AAPL and think that RIMM will go down for a while but even you read all the news you can not say what is happening in the rest of the world from your desk.
    Apr 22, 2011. 10:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks That Provide Great Income Potential With Options [View article]
    Interesting, I am with you, I prefer only F and NOK!
    Apr 15, 2011. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Motor Back Above 50-Day Moving Average on Analyst Upgrade [View article]
    it is only a matter of time, F is going to hit new highs, solid growth, excellent management, global cars, best hybrids, long F!
    Apr 5, 2011. 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment