Panoplos

View Panoplos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • I Am Joining The Bears In The BlackBerry Bush [View article]
    And from the looks of it, a rather deep and cold bath. :-(
    Jun 28, 2013. 03:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Throwing In The Towel On My BlackBerry Shares - Part 2 [View article]
    You are changing the subject.
    Jun 28, 2013. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Throwing In The Towel On My BlackBerry Shares - Part 2 [View article]
    Actually, it broke out on a gap through the downside of the Symmetric Triangle. This signals a reversal. It may claw back a little, but it definitely is going down from here...
    Jun 28, 2013. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Earnings Are A Bust [View article]
    Not exactly fair, as Palm did not have BES10.
    Jun 28, 2013. 02:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Earnings Are A Bust [View article]
    There were a few other red flags:

1. Both the UK and India (two big markets for BB) heads jumped ship
    2. Reading around on support forums, people complain a lot about lack of apps, and it seems Jelly Bean support not being released yet makes this worse. (I personally think they should have made Android apps first-class citizens of the store from the get-go.)
    3. Analysts who were doing store checks were very bearish, and clearly even on SA people emphasized that Verizon and AT&T simply did not care about selling the device. This shows that the company was trying so hard to save on marketing/support spend, that they killed their release. Now we know that all the "demand" Misek witnessed at the ODMs was really just BB putting product in their warehouses!! (Huge increase in inventory numbers.)

I was skeptical, but was willing to punt with a couple grand. Burned, now moving on the the next trade. :0)
    Jun 28, 2013. 02:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Am Joining The Bears In The BlackBerry Bush [View article]
    Dr. Blair, totally agreed. He and the CFO both did a horrible job defending the results. They actually increased revs; this would have been the perfect point to push, but they did nothing.

Also, I did not get the feeling that they are confident they will sell a lot of devices. I got the feeling that the management team have resigned themselves to the idea that BES10 is their only hope, and they are now open to the idea of selling off the device division. However, Lenovo or other Chinese players would not pay even $10 a share for the thing...
    Jun 28, 2013. 01:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uni-Pixel: Is The SEC Investigating? [View article]
    This is indeed bad news for UNXL longs. Note the emphasis on "*new* manufacturing partner." Could something be read into this?
    Jun 28, 2013. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Am Joining The Bears In The BlackBerry Bush [View article]
    The shorts are covering.
    Jun 28, 2013. 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Am Joining The Bears In The BlackBerry Bush [View article]
    You are incorrect. The number of units they gave was based on sell-through, not sell-in.
    Jun 28, 2013. 12:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Throwing In The Towel On My BlackBerry Shares - Part 2 [View article]
    System, I also warned about being set up for this to some degree, but you cannot say that there was no data that supported at least a break-even. I think the shorts set this up perfectly, stating that they were bearish on the company, but bullish on the quarter. This gave many a false sense of security that at least there would be a net underneath.

I think also that many overreacted on the miss. The company posted QoQ revenue increase in the double digits. They also reported sell-through as opposed to sell-in, which I think was an attempt to satisfy the naysaying analysts last quarter.

All this being said, what really raises the red flag for me is how unenthusiastic the management team seemed on the call. I believe there was a lot that they could have done to instill confidence in their shareholders, but simply left the door open for the pillagers to come in.

This is one of the only long positions I hold (as I day trade), and I am going to dump after it recovers from the panic.
    Jun 28, 2013. 11:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Earnings Are A Bust [View article]
    Something to keep in mind is they clearly said these shipment numbers were sell-through, as opposed to sell-in, which makes sense as to why revs were up so much.
    Jun 28, 2013. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Earnings Are A Bust [View article]
    Who cares if it trips...there are no more shares to short. These results were terrible, and I was very wrong about this company.
    Jun 28, 2013. 08:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry (BBRY): FQ1 EPS of -$0.13 misses by $0.20. Revenue of $3.1B misses by $0.26B. (PR[View news story]
    Why wasn't there an earnings warning issued? It is because they actually broke even if you deduct the special hits.
    Jun 28, 2013. 07:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    But they primed the pump quite well!
    Jun 28, 2013. 07:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bear Case, The Bull Case And My Case [View article]
    Case in point: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 28, 2013. 06:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment