Papa of Four

View Papa of Four's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Don't Let The Cat Out Of The Bag! [View article]
    it was before they signed the deal with one screen that gives them 8 mill per quarter in revs
    Apr 15 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    "There are only two company today that have a full publisher technology stack: Google and OpenX." 3 (OTCQB:ADTM) too, at least that is the way I understand it, but I am no tech guru.
    Apr 14 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Let The Cat Out Of The Bag! [View article]
    LETTER to shareholders filed as an 8K at the close today

worth a read thanks to all, will start working on another article once I get through the 10K in more depth. Did give some first impressions via stock talks/twitter earlier in the day, but thinking it is better to do a full explanation.
    @papaoffour75

thanks

PoF
    Apr 14 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    Oh, they just also released a letter to shareholders as an 8K at the close today.

That should answer a few questions for you better than I can.

Yours

PoF
    Apr 14 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    Yup, I hear you Gary, but bearing in mind that they only really started generating revenues in the last quarter of 2013.

"Our business development efforts are focused on three main areas. The first is signing content providers to syndication and monetization deals. The second is signing publishers onto our platform. The third area of focus is driving advertising demand or fulfillment through our platform. 2013 saw us add approximately 50 publishers as well as OpenX and RMX exchanges. Our overall content contracted in 2013 as we began to remove underperforming partners and categories. We expect all categories to grow in 2014 as we move toward stabilization of our platform and expansion of our technical capabilities.

Today our demand is consistently fulfilling at sustainable rates for our publishers. We have over 350,000 rights cleared pieces of video content across all interest categories. We have recently signed a contract with Beanstock Media which increases our publisher base with some high profile publishers including Ask.com, ChristianMingle, Dictionary.com, MeetMe, Slacker, TheDailyBeast, and ZipRealty.

In 2014, we are making a major push to penetrate the comScore top 1000 publisher accounts. Engaging these publishers will increase our platform utilization and SaaS income. It will increase the consumption and utilization of our content partners resulting in higher income. It will also allow for greater reach for our demand partners and advertising agencies leading to higher advertising revenues.

In addition to traditional digital publishers, we are making a push to penetrate select top TV properties and engage them in bridging the gap between legacy TV consumption and video advertising in digital. This will be enabled by our proprietary technology that is currently developing with the support of our adviser."

from today's 10K.

Just thoughts
    Apr 14 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    That would be you answer then, I feel that ADTM is currently undervalued for its platform and lack of debt compared to its peers who all have oversized valuations compared to what they have accomplished at present.

Disclosure.. I am very long ADTM as has been stated in all my articles on the subject.

Thanks

PoF

PS David, are you going to give us an Article once your research is complete? I am sure that we would all like to know what conclusions you came to and why you reached them.
    Apr 14 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    Just personally, portfolio allocation, risk, spec, leverage.

you also have to add patience in some cases.

Thanks

PoF
    Apr 14 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    It is an interesting thought Guy. I only brought it up because so many people for get that our economy is based on the service industry!
    Apr 14 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Himax: Oversold And Undervalued [View article]
    I did say there was a 10% downside risk from $10.25..... We are still above $9.24 which should be the extent of any selling. I prefer to give a range and risk est as there is always over reaction in either direction.

Bellow $9 I might be worried, but could always bounce off $8.13 again. the trouble with a volatile stock. What is the short position up to now?
    Apr 14 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    I think the market place has already decided where we go. My question is what effect on the unemployment rate will all those ex advertizing telesales people have? Will they all have jobs selling a platform? I don't think so!

PoF
    Apr 14 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon: A Programmatic Pure Play [View article]
    Yeah, security becomes one of the most important factors to consider once you automate any system. The lack of human oversight can create as many problems as it solves. Just as the markets have issues with High Frequency Traders, dark pools etc etc, a fully automated ad market place creates its own inherent issues. I have written about another company in the space. Micro cap, that is making great strides in this area, they also offer an end to end product including a RTB.
    Advertisers will pay more knowing that their ads are placed correctly, publishers will contract with whom ever causes them the least problems.

An efficient market place is ideal in reducing costs, but a premium will be paid for access. Who ever the publishers are most happy with will ultimately reap the rewards in an automated system.

Of the publicaly traded options, I prefer (OTCQB:ADTM), for a number of reasons.

They just released FY 2013 results today. They have made great headway over the last 6 months since new management took over. They are operating at a loss for now, but with much less debt than any of their counterparts. I believe that they have eliminated the last 300K of convertible debt during Q1 2014.

I would be very interested in hearing your take on them Greg, as I see what they offer as a better alternative to Rubicon.

here is the 10K http://1.usa.gov/1eEpNmk

Many thanks for the article

PoF
    Apr 14 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Let The Cat Out Of The Bag! [View article]
    OK earnings released this morning. here is the link to the 10K

Sneak preview, they did a little better than my estimate you FY2013

Things are right on track and I an still not sure that the cat is out the bag yet.

PoF
    Apr 14 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Let The Cat Out Of The Bag! [View article]
    New interview with the CEO released today.

well worth a read

PoF
    Apr 10 08:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Rubicon Project Fills Out Mini Digital Advertising Sector [View article]
    You should take a look at this interview released today about ADTM

PoF
    Apr 10 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ADRs A Better Hedge Than Gold? [View article]
    @pipbel, just curious, but what do you do for a living?

like you I am also long gold, just not for a lot of the reasons usually stated.

TY