Paper Street Research

View Paper Street Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Instagram Could Become As Valuable As Facebook [View article]
    @ Alex Cho,

I disagree with you on this one, but I've been a long time follower and enjoy reading your articles. Keep up the good work.
    Feb 24, 2015. 01:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Instagram Could Become As Valuable As Facebook [View article]
    @Anyoption
    I totally agree, it's not just Facebook. Every company is trying to brainwash their customers into spending $$ or using their service as much as possible. It's just good business. I'm not taking anything away from Facebook's success, they're very good at what they do.
    Feb 24, 2015. 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Instagram Could Become As Valuable As Facebook [View article]
    The thing I hate about Facebook is how they try to craft their image as "connecting the world and our mission is noble". Researchers have found that most people don't actually use Facebook to stay in touch. They use it for lifescaping, FOMO (fear of missing out), and "keeping score." Zuckerberg disses Apple for "overcharging" their customers. Well Zuckerberg is using a billion people as his product. If you're on Facebook, you're just a product, a set of eyeballs. A set of information to sell and profit from.
    This is not to say Facebook isn't a great business. They make a ton of money from commoditizing eyeballs.
    Feb 24, 2015. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Instagram Could Become As Valuable As Facebook [View article]
    Alex, c'mon bro, instagram will never be worth as much as FB. Snapchat, instagram, whatsapp, twitter they're all way overvalued. We're back to the 90s when eyeballs=$$$ for the moment
    Feb 23, 2015. 06:01 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cook: Apple Watch to ship in April [View news story]
    I j*zzed my pants while listening to this earnings call.
    Jan 27, 2015. 06:38 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After The Apple Watch Should We Anticipate An Apple TV? [View article]
    The TV is coming. Will they execute on the same level as iPod, iPhone, iPad? We'll have to wait and see. I just bought a Samsung SmartTV and the software isn't good. Trying to search youtube and navigate is quite difficult. Also the CPU is slow as anything.. The only thing I like about my Samsung SmartTV is the resolution. Apple is definitely working on this but like you said we probably have to wait until September 2016 or 2017 for the announcement.
    Dec 19, 2014. 11:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: The Hidden Advantages [View article]
    Another thing to add to my above comment. The processor in my Samsung TV is so slow. Apple will make a SmartTV with a great processor. My Samsung TV is so unresponsive.. Ugh. Can't wait to buy an Apple Smartv
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: The Hidden Advantages [View article]
    Agree, I think the Watch will be very popular. And there is most definitely a TV set coming in the near future. I just bought a Samsung Smart TV. I like the resolution, but the software and interface is crap. I get so frustrated when trying to search youtube, takes forever, the remote sucks. Apple will make a smart tv that has HomeKit integration, gaming, Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, Continuity, FaceTime, 5K display, all with an easy to use and intuitive interface. As a long time Apple shareholder, I'm thrilled to find out my Samsung SmartTv sucks. This is a huge opportunity for Apple and my guess is generation 1 AppleTV to come out in 24-36 months from now.
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: The Hidden Advantages [View article]
    I'm not worried that the iPhone is 70% of AAPL revenue. Going forward we'll see the revenue mix improve and iPhone will be like 35% of total revenue in 3 years from now. I expect Apple Watch to become a 60 million units a year product in 3 years, and the all-in-one TV set to come at the end of FY16 or FY17.
    Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV set, iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, HomeKit, HealthKit, the ecosystem is unmatched by any competitors.
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources Cannot Grow At 25% With Oil At $65 [View article]
    I really appreciate your insights!
    Thank you.
    Dec 12, 2014. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources Cannot Grow At 25% With Oil At $65 [View article]
    @ Profit Propositions

Thanks for your answer to my question above.
    And I have one more: Do you know anything about the interest payments CLR is making on its debt??

Is CLR in any danger of defaulting on its debt, say if oil falls to say $48 or lower? I've always thought of Continental as being a big enough player to withstand any significant plunge, but I don't know enough about the E&P sector. Thanks!
    Dec 12, 2014. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources Cannot Grow At 25% With Oil At $65 [View article]
    Thanks for the article.. What's your thoughts on the price of oil over the next 12 months to 2 years. Could $100 oil be a thing of the past? Is $65 likely to be the new normal? Thanks
    Dec 11, 2014. 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It Pays To 'Think Different' About Apple's Stock Price [View article]
    Apple's definitely not as cheap as it was. My target is around $140. At 16x FY15 EPS estimate of $8.60.
    Nov 24, 2014. 05:08 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WhatsApp With Facebook's Balance Sheet? [View article]
    Great article Andrew,
    I actually brought this example up in my Financial Accounting 101 class the other day when we were discussing goodwill!
    Nov 5, 2014. 07:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's New Television Opportunity [View article]
    When could this come to fruition? Is this still 3+ years away?
    Oct 30, 2014. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment