Paper Street Research

View Paper Street Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • After The Apple Watch Should We Anticipate An Apple TV? [View article]
    The TV is coming. Will they execute on the same level as iPod, iPhone, iPad? We'll have to wait and see. I just bought a Samsung SmartTV and the software isn't good. Trying to search youtube and navigate is quite difficult. Also the CPU is slow as anything.. The only thing I like about my Samsung SmartTV is the resolution. Apple is definitely working on this but like you said we probably have to wait until September 2016 or 2017 for the announcement.
    Dec 19, 2014. 11:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: The Hidden Advantages [View article]
    Another thing to add to my above comment. The processor in my Samsung TV is so slow. Apple will make a SmartTV with a great processor. My Samsung TV is so unresponsive.. Ugh. Can't wait to buy an Apple Smartv
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: The Hidden Advantages [View article]
    Agree, I think the Watch will be very popular. And there is most definitely a TV set coming in the near future. I just bought a Samsung Smart TV. I like the resolution, but the software and interface is crap. I get so frustrated when trying to search youtube, takes forever, the remote sucks. Apple will make a smart tv that has HomeKit integration, gaming, Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, Continuity, FaceTime, 5K display, all with an easy to use and intuitive interface. As a long time Apple shareholder, I'm thrilled to find out my Samsung SmartTv sucks. This is a huge opportunity for Apple and my guess is generation 1 AppleTV to come out in 24-36 months from now.
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: The Hidden Advantages [View article]
    I'm not worried that the iPhone is 70% of AAPL revenue. Going forward we'll see the revenue mix improve and iPhone will be like 35% of total revenue in 3 years from now. I expect Apple Watch to become a 60 million units a year product in 3 years, and the all-in-one TV set to come at the end of FY16 or FY17.
    Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV set, iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, HomeKit, HealthKit, the ecosystem is unmatched by any competitors.
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources Cannot Grow At 25% With Oil At $65 [View article]
    I really appreciate your insights!
    Thank you.
    Dec 12, 2014. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources Cannot Grow At 25% With Oil At $65 [View article]
    @ Profit Propositions

Thanks for your answer to my question above.
    And I have one more: Do you know anything about the interest payments CLR is making on its debt??

Is CLR in any danger of defaulting on its debt, say if oil falls to say $48 or lower? I've always thought of Continental as being a big enough player to withstand any significant plunge, but I don't know enough about the E&P sector. Thanks!
    Dec 12, 2014. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources Cannot Grow At 25% With Oil At $65 [View article]
    Thanks for the article.. What's your thoughts on the price of oil over the next 12 months to 2 years. Could $100 oil be a thing of the past? Is $65 likely to be the new normal? Thanks
    Dec 11, 2014. 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It Pays To 'Think Different' About Apple's Stock Price [View article]
    Apple's definitely not as cheap as it was. My target is around $140. At 16x FY15 EPS estimate of $8.60.
    Nov 24, 2014. 05:08 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WhatsApp With Facebook's Balance Sheet? [View article]
    Great article Andrew,
    I actually brought this example up in my Financial Accounting 101 class the other day when we were discussing goodwill!
    Nov 5, 2014. 07:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's New Television Opportunity [View article]
    When could this come to fruition? Is this still 3+ years away?
    Oct 30, 2014. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Magical Mystery Year [View article]
    My dad just got his iPhone 6 last night, his first smartphone ever! He absolutely loves it.
    Oct 26, 2014. 03:41 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Fiscal 2015 EPS Growth Updated [View article]
    The only other small thing I disagree with is the gross margin you assume for Apple Watch. It's going to be much higher than 0.20.. double that!
    Oct 24, 2014. 06:04 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Fiscal 2015 EPS Growth Updated [View article]
    Nice analysis,
    I think you're right. I doubt the multiple will expand to 20 though... some will never give up on the commoditization argument. But as you said, even with a PE 16 we'll see some nice capital gains next year. Long AAPL since $524 pre-split.
    Oct 24, 2014. 05:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Apple to merge Beats Music with iTunes as downloads drop [View news story]
    Yeah I'm not so sure paying $5/month + no ads is the best solution... I've been using the free version of Spotify for a year now and really like it. The ads aren't that frequent, sometimes a little bothersome... Apple should try bundling the cost of streaming service in with some other product or service.
    Oct 24, 2014. 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aflac: Time To Take Another Look [View article]
    I've been holding since late 2011, and still think it's a great company and happy so far with the dividend income and capital gains. However, I'm still kinda annoyed that they can't find someone to manage the investment portfolio.. if they did that we would see a normal PE multiple. I wish that they would sell out to Berkshire Hathaway and let the maestro take over, but it won't happen.
    Oct 23, 2014. 05:59 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment