Parker Logan

View Parker Logan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • I Guess Netflix Trades Exclusively On Subscriber Numbers [View article]
    It trades on the whims of greed.
    Apr 16, 2015. 02:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance And The Rise Of Virtual Assistants [View article]
    Money, I think there is an huge opportunity in educational products, "smart" toys and gaming.

Cheers.
    Apr 16, 2015. 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance And The Rise Of Virtual Assistants [View article]
    Gregory, Thanks for your comment.

The widely held misconception is the role Nuance plays in Siri & Cortana. The AI or contextual understanding is NOT provided by Nuance to Apple and Microsoft.

However, the voice-recognition technology that lets Siri understand voice into 80+ languages is Nuance. These are 2 very different technologies and Nuance dominates the VR market with it's breadth/footprint in languages/accents etc.

Nuance did go into the the business of NLU/CLU/AI but focuses in the enterprise and healthcare solutions.

Hope that was helpful.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron: Memory, Oligopolies And Valuation [View article]
    Russ, you lost me at the Airline oligopoly comparison. Their net margins prove that it ISN'T a true oligopoly. Plenty of competition to go around, I haven't flown any of those airlines in 5 years.

Can't say that much with the chips/mem sitting in my devices.

The business economics of airlines and chip makers are VERY different. "Cooommme on mannnn"
    Apr 1, 2015. 02:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Short Case For Freeport McMoRan [View article]
    I don't know, I think you have 30% upside and 30% downside here... which doesn't make it a screaming short, rather a coin toss.
    Mar 18, 2015. 11:19 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nintendo jumps into smartphone gaming market [View news story]
    "loud applause"
    Mar 17, 2015. 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioScrip's Turnaround Story Will Turn Around Some Heads [View article]
    thanks for your thoughts
    Mar 11, 2015. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioScrip's Turnaround Story Will Turn Around Some Heads [View article]
    Douglas, things deteriorated rather quickly for BIOS since the CFO departure. Any comments on the new developments... conv. Pref and warrants.. etc.
    Mar 10, 2015. 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioScrip's Turnaround Story Will Turn Around Some Heads [View article]
    Douglas, thanks for the article. Any thoughts on the CFOs sudden departure?
    Feb 12, 2015. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Immigration Reform With American Apparel [View article]
    Chris, I think this company is destined for Chapter 11. The brand will survive but my bet is they will restructure first.

I don't see the margin-of-safety here when there is a big interest payment due in a couple of months with no cash to pay it. The last equity raise diluted the shares by half and sold at 50 cents!

This is highly speculative and treat any purchase as a call option.
    Feb 11, 2015. 06:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean: Fitch's New Rating Outlook Negative From Stable Spells A Dividend Cut - An Update [View article]
    Fun, the herd has decided this 4-month drop in oil is the new-norm. Where were they 6 months ago to warn us about the demise of oil? My point is, the smartest people on the street don't have a crystal ball.

It is my belief that RIG needs around $50-$60/barrel to keep their day-rates profitable. It will be interesting to see have things shakeout. What do you think?
    Feb 5, 2015. 09:07 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance down 4% on Goldman downgrade [View news story]
    GS made someone a lot of money (probably themselves) with the Feb puts.
    Jan 9, 2015. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance Communications - Time For Management To Disinvest [View article]
    Jerry, I'm having a hard time following here. What does this have to do with Nuance? Can you a draw a clearer picture?
    Jan 6, 2015. 06:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance's Price Tag: 50% Upside [View article]
    Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly...

I'm a long-term investor looking for companies that are undervalued. This article was intended to illustrate that when you buy NUAN around ~$15, you are buying it with a margin-of-safety.
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean's Latest Fleet Update Is Concerning [View article]
    Thanks for the information. I've read this article before... wouldn't you say this source (Carbon Tracker) is biased? Their agenda is to eliminate Greenhouse gases.
    Nov 25, 2014. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment