Patience\ Virtue

View Patience\ Virtue's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, AXP, CAT, DLR, IBM, INTC, JNJ, JWN, KO, PEP, PG, PPL, SO, T, TGH, TGT, VOD, WMT
  • Looking For Value In Southern Company [View article]
    As lucy88 mentioned, it is not a bank stock, they are a utility company.
    Nov 18 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Value In Southern Company [View article]
    Can you go into more detail with what you mean? When you say cost structure it makes me think that there is something operationally that is raising a flag but the only cost problems I saw were capital cost overruns. If that is what you mean, it is hard to disagree since CapEx will continue at high levels for the foreseeable future and a fourth or fifth consecutive earnings hit would not be shocking.
    Nov 18 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Series Of Unfortunate Events For Digital Realty [View article]
    Brad - Great information and I'm glad to see that the company seems to still be executing from an operational point of view even if they have botched the PR side.

Long DLR
    Nov 14 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Sticking With Digital Realty [View article]
    Check out Brad Thomas' comment above.

Keep reading!
    Nov 13 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Sticking With Digital Realty [View article]
    Sadly I think you are correct that you'll buy more before you sell more. In fact I was tempted to not even write this article since I believe the stock price will go down before it goes up and it's hard to endorse that...
    Nov 8 05:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Sticking With Digital Realty [View article]
    In hindsight and especially where I have bought in, I would tend to agree. The thing is that it started as overvalued, then returned to a fair value, then got hit by a lot of short term flak which has knocked it down. The only reason I do not believe it is a falling knife is that operational results have not moved down.

It should be noted thought that the cynic in me is tempted to finish that last sentence with "have not moved down YET."

Thanks for participating.
    Nov 8 05:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Sticking With Digital Realty [View article]
    Bikerguy -
    Thanks for your comments. I read Brad's articles with regularity and believe in the case he has laid out for DLR. I do believe that the failures in image have harmed the stock more than the failures in execution at the organization. This definitely supports the value of a new IR guy. At the same time, there needs to be better execution moving forward.

Thanks for reading!
    Nov 8 05:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Sticking With Digital Realty [View article]
    I figured I wasn't alone! Thanks for reading!
    Nov 8 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Own IBM [View article]
    While I understand intuitively about what insider buying would mean, I've never really seen a study (haven't looked) that correlates it to future performance.

That being said, I think if the directors were all dumping shares, it wouldn't make me feel very good.
    Oct 25 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Own IBM [View article]
    Lots of good information here. Thanks for sharing.
    Oct 25 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Own IBM [View article]
    Thanks for commenting WW.
    Oct 25 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Own IBM [View article]
    cdelaware,
    I like your comment because it got me thinking. In the end I think that I understand but don't love the blackjack analogy since it implies an end to the game and that I only have one or two cards to win. I like to think that I am in for the longterm and therefore don't really care what the next card is.

In other words, it's like I am holding 15 and since I have been counting cards (reviewing past earnings history), I know that there's a reasonable chance that the next card will be good...a 5 maybe. If instead I get a 7 (busting me), I can ignore it in this game since my timeframe is a bit longer. Of course it's a lot easier for me to say that now than after I've lost 10 games in a row.

Thanks for commenting though.
    Oct 24 01:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Own IBM [View article]
    Brian,
    Thanks for commenting. I stuck to the earnings and cashflow charts because I believe these are the two most important and out of sheer inertia since that is the format I've come to follow. My mistake because you bring up a fair point. In my defense however I did touch on flat revenues at various points in the text.

Thanks for commenting.
    Oct 24 01:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Do Dividend Growth Investors Like Price Pullbacks So Much? [View article]
    Agreed...and not just because it is my handle!
    Oct 17 04:47 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pepsi: At What Price? [View article]
    Silverbug -
    Thanks for the information. I can certainly see how dividend yield is one way to sniff out value. The only thing I'm skeptical of is the WIDE range of price between the Undervalue and Overvalue line.

Thanks for sharing!