When I got into my 30's not all that long ago I came to the realization that maybe just randomly choosing mutual funds for my retirement portfolio wasn't the best way. I think of this moment as something along the lines of realizing my own financial mortality. Furthermore with my background in math, engineering, and marketing I should at least be making an effort to use some of the tools that I have developed to plan for the financial future of my family. That started me down the fascinating path of active investment. My personal investment focus can only be described as long-term value investing. After all I won't be retiring for 30+ years. Also, I am a believer in the value investing style that Ben Graham preached. Finally, I love those dividends.
High Quality, Dividend Growths Stocks with a minimum Yield of 3.00 %.
Rather rarely Stocks with higher growth and low Dividend Yield.
Time horizont: Longterm >20 years
Current holdings: MO, PM, NSRGY, PG, UL, KO, BUD, DEO, GIS, JNJ, XOM, CVX, RDS.A, MCD, T, VZ, VOD, GSK, QCOM, SAP, O, NGG, SO, GE, SIEGY, MA, V, SBUX *****
I´m 45 years young and dividends are 60 % of my monthly disposable income. The other 40% is coming from propery rentals. I have no working income and no pension. It is only sometimes possible to reinvest my dividend because usually I need them for covering living costs.
My financial situation is similar with retired people when they are very much dependend on the dividends for covering living costs.
good luck to you all!
I am an individual investor. Became interested in dividend growth investing and managing my own portfolio through my reading adventures at Seeking Alpha. I've learned a ton from everyone who contributes and comments here. Still have a long way to go even though I'm semi-retired and drawing Social Security.
Retired investor. Like dividend stocks, as someday I will need the dividends to meet expenses.
Took a very large hit on our investments in 1973 due to the oil crisis. Am somewhat cautious, but also have a gunslinger investing mentality. While I have some stocks that yield 3 - 4%; like 5+ I try to invest in solid companies that return 5% or more. U.S., Europe, and South American companies have more appeal for me than those in other areas.