Patrick Rooney

View Patrick Rooney's Comments BY TICKER:
  • For 2014: 2 Small Cap Doubles, 2 Mid-Cap 50%ers [View article]
    I'm long KOG, but expecting the sell off to continue into Q1 2014. Been cutting back on my KOG stock position for the past few months now. Safer to play it with options from a trading perspective. Currently net short due to options, but long a small stock position nonetheless. Check out my recent article related to KOG-http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 26 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Thanks for the reply, WTR definitely undiscovered still in my opinion too. I'd be surprised if it wasn't slightly more covered by analysts a few months into 2014.
    Dec 26 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    400 shares is a good size position too. I do not have any shares, but I've been playing it with options lately. Great company though, with I would have gotten in earlier.
    Dec 26 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    I've heard a lot about Greenberg. Support him much more than some other board members I've read about. For example Ward of SandRidge..
    Thanks for your input and the reply.
    Dec 26 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    In response to how WTR has done compared to the S&P, it is underperforming the market right now. This does present more of a buying opportunity for Aqua America though in my opinion. Previously it couldn't maintain $28+ but it will test those levels again in the long run.
    Dec 24 12:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Exactly, Aqua America will continue to make acquisitions in states other than Pennsylvania allowing them to hedge against the risk if revenue significantly decreases in PA. Until there's a reasonable substitute for water I like WTR at its current levels.
    Dec 24 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Only a small risk in my opinion with Pennsylvania being the state with the largest percentage of revenue. Helps a lot that it is hedged with operations in a number of other states on top of that. Would like to see revenue proportions level out from state to state in the future nonetheless.
    Dec 24 12:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Thanks for the reply. Definitely a bonus too for those long WTR. Have not seen a lot of companies offering a dividend reinvestment program as well.
    Dec 23 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Small Cap Oil Plays For Your Stocking [View article]
    I will be sure to look into those. Been watching NOG for a while now too. I appreciate the input.
    Dec 19 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Small Cap Oil Plays For Your Stocking [View article]
    KOG definitely a buyout candidate in my opinion. Don't have an exact number but I've heard anything from $15/share to $30/share. IMO I'd like to see something near $20 only with a buyout, for now though I'm net short. EOX used to be Voyager (VOG). Not sure about another potential buyout going forward.
    Dec 17 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Small Cap Oil Plays For Your Stocking [View article]
    KOG & EOX are short plays. big fan of OAS myself, have a small position. would rather play it with options instead of taking on a large stock position.
    Dec 17 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carbo Ceramics Killed Earnings, Still Poised For Growth [View article]
    Would be interesting to see a CRR SLCA merger. Even to see a company like HAL pick up another proppant player, or go straight to the proppant. HAL is too large for my liking but fundamentally a good investment IMO.
    Dec 4 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carbo Ceramics Killed Earnings, Still Poised For Growth [View article]
    Of course, more to come hopefully. Agree to go straight for the proppant too.
    Nov 27 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carbo Ceramics Killed Earnings, Still Poised For Growth [View article]
    $129.25 was my neutral sentiment while using very conservative growth percentages for revenue and majority of their income statement Y/Y.
    Assuming Carbo will have little to no new debt between now and 2015 (maintaining a debt to equity under 0.5) and that capex will not exceed the 2010 high of 96.5mm is what drives my valuation of $129. Keep in mind that this valuation was done in mid October, although I stand by my original valuation that Carbo is nearing its book value and is more of a growth play now.
    Nov 26 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Energy (SD): Q4 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.06. Shares +1.6% AH. (PR[View news story]
    why the drop AH though? same with KOG for those who follow them as well..both SD and KOG beat today
    Feb 28 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment