Patrick Rooney

View Patrick Rooney's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Radian Group, Inc.: Insure Your Portfolio With This Value Play [View article]
    Of course, always more than willing to help out!
    Mar 23, 2015. 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Radian Group, Inc.: Insure Your Portfolio With This Value Play [View article]
    Goodwill primarily represents the amount paid for Clayton in excess of the fair value of identifiable net assets acquired. The goodwill represents the estimated future economic benefits arising from the assets it acquired that did not qualify to be identified and recognized individually, and includes the value of discounted expected future cash flows of Clayton. You can read up on the Clayton acquisition here: http://bit.ly/1GIaJmB
    Although very interesting, I did not include information in regards to the Clayton acquisition in my analysis. Enjoy and thanks for the comment!
    Mar 22, 2015. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financial Engines, Inc: Baby Boomers Could Cause Business To Boom [View article]
    Great first article! Looks like a great play from a value as well as a growth perspective. Should be interesting to see how FNGN does in the future.
    Mar 18, 2015. 06:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Smith & Nephew PLC: Hidden Value To Be Found By Investors [View article]
    Very interesting study, could definitely add a lot of potential to Smith & Nephew's future!
    Mar 4, 2015. 05:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Smith & Nephew PLC: Hidden Value To Be Found By Investors [View article]
    The jump in October 2014 was from Q3 reported revenue increase of 12% followed by a Q4 increase of 6%. Its P/E of about 31x is below the industry average too. I appreciate the read nonetheless, should be interesting to see how Smith & Nephew does in the next few quarters!
    Mar 4, 2015. 03:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Smith & Nephew PLC: Hidden Value To Be Found By Investors [View article]
    Stryker announced that instead of acquiring Smith & Nephew they will be adding onto its own share buy back program. My thesis is that it has long term value, and the Stryker acquisition was never confirmed so I still stand by my original thesis. There is definitely a noticeable amount of value to be found still!
    Smith & Nephew was pumped up a few days ago too from news about an acquisition too, and now today it was bumped back down. Intraday moves like this will happen, but regardless of the acquisition news I definitely still see future value for Smith & Nephew.
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ralph Lauren Corp: A Luxurious Long Term Play [View article]
    I can agree with you in terms of AEO. Strong financials, however slowly losing market share and consumer demand as compared to RL. Should be interesting to see how these do throughout 2015!
    Jan 19, 2015. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quanta Services, Inc.: A Technically And Fundamentally Pure Play For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for the read, and I'm glad you found it informative. PWR is a relatively under covered company as well IMO. Bright future given their current levels; fundamentally & technically.
    Jan 6, 2015. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For 2014: 2 Small Cap Doubles, 2 Mid-Cap 50%ers [View article]
    I'm long KOG, but expecting the sell off to continue into Q1 2014. Been cutting back on my KOG stock position for the past few months now. Safer to play it with options from a trading perspective. Currently net short due to options, but long a small stock position nonetheless. Check out my recent article related to KOG-http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 26, 2013. 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Thanks for the reply, WTR definitely undiscovered still in my opinion too. I'd be surprised if it wasn't slightly more covered by analysts a few months into 2014.
    Dec 26, 2013. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    400 shares is a good size position too. I do not have any shares, but I've been playing it with options lately. Great company though, with I would have gotten in earlier.
    Dec 26, 2013. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    I've heard a lot about Greenberg. Support him much more than some other board members I've read about. For example Ward of SandRidge..
    Thanks for your input and the reply.
    Dec 26, 2013. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    In response to how WTR has done compared to the S&P, it is underperforming the market right now. This does present more of a buying opportunity for Aqua America though in my opinion. Previously it couldn't maintain $28+ but it will test those levels again in the long run.
    Dec 24, 2013. 12:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Exactly, Aqua America will continue to make acquisitions in states other than Pennsylvania allowing them to hedge against the risk if revenue significantly decreases in PA. Until there's a reasonable substitute for water I like WTR at its current levels.
    Dec 24, 2013. 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America: Simple Plan, Consistent Growth, Steady Returns [View article]
    Only a small risk in my opinion with Pennsylvania being the state with the largest percentage of revenue. Helps a lot that it is hedged with operations in a number of other states on top of that. Would like to see revenue proportions level out from state to state in the future nonetheless.
    Dec 24, 2013. 12:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment