Patrick Young

View Patrick Young's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 387: Jan. 25, 2015 [View instapost]
    Very sad. I liked DDG. Spoke with him twice. It will be hard to find a more capable replacement. As far as Axion Power is concerned, I think a big blow at the worst possible time.
    Jan 26, 2015. 12:27 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    The losses may only be "on paper" with respect to the money invested, but the time is always a "sunk cost" that will never be recovered.
    Jan 23, 2015. 03:28 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    RA> Spot on. Bravo.
    Jan 23, 2015. 01:22 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    The market cap fluctuated above $1. It was possible to say, if I buy at $1, even with B warrants converting at $2, I will have invested in a company with greater MARKET value at the end of the day. Below $1, it is nonsense. In terms of instantaneous market cap after conversion, whether it's $1 or $0.01, doesn't really matter. So where should I buy? Beats me. $1 was a floor. Below $1 is a black hole in which anything is possible and nothing is real.

It's pretty clear to me that the B warrant holders are now in charge (sub $1).

How did we get there? Well I think it began with the disastrous performance of the IPO. The disastrous performance was primarily due to participants in the financing liquidating common and A's to reduce their risk and hang on to B's.

The remainder of the fall has been a combination of a negative feedback between falling price and dilution risk from B conversion coupled with the continued same old story - people get fed up and want out. No news of any substance materializes to stop the bleeding, and here we are, in never-never land.
    Jan 23, 2015. 12:15 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bankruptcy Rumors Hammer Molycorp [View article]
    Read the rest of the article. Those little companies may have tech and HREE resources but they don't have a massive processing facility and vertical integration like MCP. The Mountain Pass facility has value, just not for on-site production of LREEs. It can be retooled.
    Jan 23, 2015. 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bankruptcy Rumors Hammer Molycorp [View article]
    Ah, found your answer to my question:
    "I think that the best move for a fund, perhaps supported by a defense contractor, or the DoD itself, would be to buy (in alphabetical order) Rare Element Resources, and/or Texas Rare Earth Resources, and/or Ucore Rare Metals and then using that entity to buy MCP. - See more at: http://bit.ly/1yS1P3b"

So question is, is Molycorp worth anything to equity holders? Or is it going to ZERO?
    Jan 23, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bankruptcy Rumors Hammer Molycorp [View article]
    Hi Jack, are there any other mines in North America that the USA can rely on to fire up at a moment's notice to meet their demands in a military confrontation with China? My thesis about Molycorp is that whatever happens to it, it won't be liquidation or shut-down, because it's a strategic resource. Is it not unreasonable to say that Uncle Sam, possibly even the DOD itself, could come in and pay off the creditors in full, and accept a haircut to the principal and interest rate themselves in the interest of national security?
    Jan 23, 2015. 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    "fear of the "killer Bs" is firmly in charge"

The fear isn't imagined. Even at $1, millions of new shares WILL be created.

"it all stems from the confusing coatesville news"

I don't think so. $1 was holding for a while and then it broke and &$#% rolls down hill.

How to get back to the $2's? DDG needs to come out and say he signed a license. But at this point, the licensee is gonna say - "why should I pay more than a single upfront payment of $10 million for a lifetime global exclusive license? That's all the company is worth today (assuming B warrant holders don't sell), and given the predicament ya'll are in, I could probably buy a controlling stake for less."
    Jan 23, 2015. 10:00 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    You've got it rick. BINGO! I have made the same argument, and been misunderstood. The company survives, but legacy shareholders suffer, B-holders aren't rolling in money either (although if they have a 3 cent cost basis it aint bad), and prospective investors view the whole thing as a nuclear wasteland - a no-man's land. Which is why I am saying that the B warrant clause is like using an Area Denial Weapon in your own backyard. Insanity. Completely bonkers. Should never have been asked for, much less approved, and I'm not entirely clear as to why its even legal.
    Jan 22, 2015. 04:50 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    The only self-fulfilling prophesy was the inclusion of the B warrant cashless conversion clause itself.
    Jan 22, 2015. 02:36 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    my handle on Yahoo is bloodrootfc. I don't comment on AXPW's board.
    Jan 22, 2015. 02:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    I hadn't visited the AXPW Yahoo board until just now, and today it's like Hyenas feasting on an injured baby elephant - and the elephant is Petersen. I honestly can't blame them.
    Jan 22, 2015. 01:37 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    Here it is: NeoStem Concentrator

Jan 22, 2015. 01:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    Tell us about the biotechs please.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 386: Jan. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    It's worth it's recycling value. Or possibly you would like to buy it as a keepsake. After-market parts and repairs may be hard to come by. I am starting to understand the reason we aren't selling many of them...
    Jan 22, 2015. 11:47 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment