View as an RSS Feed
PRO articles cover stocks that fly under most investors' radar screens.
Could Medtronic Have Better Spent $43 Billion?
- On June 15, Medtronic announced a transformational deal to acquire med-tech peer, Covidien, for approximately $43 billion in cash and stock.
- On a GAAP basis, this deal is dilutive for shareholders.
- While the deal provides Medtronic with additional scale, it's not clear whether the company is purchasing the best set of products in Covidien.
Valeant And Allergan Are Not A Match Made In Heaven
- Valeant has an unproven long-term track record of operating at this scale in the pharmaceutical space.
- Valeant's strategy involves buying companies and cutting expenses, while Allergan's focuses on the development of novel products.
- The majority of the deal value is predicated on investors continuing to value Valeant based on non-GAAP earnings.
- Ultimately, Allergan has performed well for shareholders over a long period of time, and as a result, will likely not be forced into a merger.
Deep Value In This Diagnostic Company Might Attract Activists
- Top 4 Institutional Owners Own 1/3 of Shares Outstanding.
- Shares Trade Less Than 1x Enterprise Value/Sales & Enterprise Value/Gross Profit.
- A New CEO Will Bring A Fresh Perspective For A Company That Needs One.
- The Time Is Right For Investors To Buy PetSmart
- LipoScience Has Become Too Cheap To Ignore
- One Test Could Add Significant Value At Chembio
- Trinity Biotech: One Of The Most Inexpensive Names In Med-Tech With Catalysts
- MGC Diagnostics Overhaul Should Reward Investors Over Next 12 Months
- Heska Provides Investors Low Risk / High Reward Opportunity In Companion Animal Space
- If Quest Returns To Its Core Strengths, It Can Deliver Big Returns For Shareholders
- Enzo Investors Have To Be In It For The Long Haul