Paul Sigrist

View Paul Sigrist's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should NXP Semiconductors Be In Your Portfolio? [View article]
    Buying opportunity.
    Oct 10, 2014. 11:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparing Alibaba To Other Tech Giants [View article]
    Couldn't agree more with your assessment. Long-term there are some phenomenal opportunities for BABA, but as an investment we need to see at least marginal increases as it pertains to those areas to give us signals that those results will continue. On a short-term trade basis, the valuation simply doesn't warrant an investment. Considering the market-wide pullback, we may see an entry point arise over the course of the next week or two.
    Sep 26, 2014. 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Should You Do With Alibaba? [View article]
    That is a phenomenal idea, "I would like to see the author compare Google, Amazon, Facebook and Alibaba on a Forward P/E basis."

I'll get to work on that. Thank you for the idea. Hopefully I do it justice for you.
    Sep 23, 2014. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Twitter Be In Your Portfolio? [View article]
    You as well.
    Sep 16, 2014. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Twitter Be In Your Portfolio? [View article]
    Koac,

The GSDM takes into account different macro indicators to help identify bubbles and/or overall market inefficiencies. The GSDM has been implemented for eleven years. I've personally used it for myself and my clients for that same amount of time. It would be interesting, however, to back-test the GSDM against the 98-99 market. In 06, 07, 08, & 09 it vastly outperformed the market. I do like the idea of back-testing it against the 98-99 market though. Thank you very much for the idea.
    Sep 16, 2014. 07:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Twitter Be In Your Portfolio? [View article]
    In the interest of full disclosure, when the articles are written there is no bias one way or the other. We rely solely on the metrics used within the article. I do agree that strictly using the conventional valuation models Twitter is overvalued. This article particularly surprised me as it pertains to the findings. I did not expect TWTR to present more upside in the next 12-24 months than Facebook. That finding was a true surprise.
    Sep 16, 2014. 04:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Facebook A Buy, Sell Or Hold? [View article]
    $200 in the next 4-5 years is an interesting valuation. It isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I'm genuinely interested to hear your valuation model and projections. If you're willing that is.
    Sep 12, 2014. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reviewing The 3 Best Stocks Of 2014 [View article]
    The original article was written in 2013 forecasting the best stocks for 2014. The statement you quoted:

"If you had to hold an automaker, it would be prudent to go with one of Ford's competitors."

This statement was not a review of the forecast from 2013, but should be viewed as a forecast looking ahead over the next 52-weeks. All of the stocks mentioned in this article give a review of the performance of the stocks since the original article was published in 2013, then concluded with a forecast looking at the next 52-weeks.

I hope this helps resolve any confusion their might have been. In the future I will be sure to identify the review of a forecast and the prognostication on a forward-looking basis more succinctly.
    Sep 12, 2014. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Niche Could Help Facebook Grow Aggressively [View article]
    Good points. With Facebook entering the P2P business, the purchase of What's App, and FB toying with the idea of using drones and satellites to provide internet access, it appears Facebook is positioning itself to enter the banking space.

Apr 14, 2014. 05:14 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Q2 Results Are Likely To Disappoint [View article]
    Couldn't agree with you more. AAPL's time has come and gone. The Fall of Apple http://wp.me/p4pj7o-8e
    Apr 4, 2014. 10:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: 3 Specific Reasons I'm Still Bullish [View article]
    I understand the bullish sentiment on Apple, and the points you raise are quite valid. However, I firmly believe their time has past.

The Fall of Apple http://wp.me/p4pj7o-8e
    Apr 3, 2014. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Dividend Will Hit $20 Within 5 Years [View article]
    While your thesis is possible, it is highly improbable. The fall of Apple has already begun. http://t.co/0ibum6Bsvo
    Mar 28, 2014. 06:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Expect In 2014: Part I [View article]
    Rising interest rates have very little to do with inflationary pressures in 2014, but more of a desired impact on 2015. Interest rate adjustments take, on average, between 12-18 months to have an actual impact on the economy. An interest rate change in early 2014 won't have an impact until mid 2015.
    Dec 8, 2013. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Vs. Bull: JPMorgan [View article]
    The best "pound of flesh" scenario the government could hope for is to break up JP Morgan to mitigate potential risks down the road from a systemic perspective.

The London office won't be closed as the state side regulators have no authority there.

The government definitely does not want to replace Jamie Dimon as he was a major factor and contributor in helping get through the financial crisis (watch the movie "Too Big to Fail" if you want a quick way to review his part in that process).

A more traditional banking style would mean breaking up the investment side and traditional banking side into separate entities. That would be a sector effect if the government has it's way. It would mean the likes of BAC, C, and others would be broken up as well. This would take years to enact.

Voters will always feel that banks aren't accountable. That is just the nature of the beast. If the Fed is successful in breaking up the banks, that would go a long way in restoring consumer confidence in the sector in my opinion. Either way, banks will still be the place most individuals go for banking services and investment advice and services.
    Sep 26, 2013. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bear Vs. Bull: Lions Gate [View article]
    I tend not to speculate on possible takeovers. Especially in the case of Lions Gate, there are many moving parts. I have yet to hear of any possible takeover bids for LGF at this point, which is goes hand-in-hand with the expected value of the Hunger Games series. As an analyst, I believe this series is the next Harry Potter/ Twilight multi-billion dollar franchise.
    Sep 26, 2013. 01:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment