Paul Zimbardo

View Paul Zimbardo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SodaStream Continues To Sparkle [View article]
    Hi Bill - Any thoughts on SODA recently? I am hearing that they have a killer Super Bowl commercial planned that could spike revenue.

Thanks.

Paul
    Jan 28, 2013. 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Stocks To Buy For The Fiscal Cliff [View article]
    URI has risen from approximately $43 to $51 (18.6%) and HUM has risen from approximately $69 to $75 (8.7%) in less than one month!
    Jan 26, 2013. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Forecast: $55B Revenue And 48M iPhones Sold [View article]
    Revenue: $54.5 Actual vs. $54.8 PZ Estimate
    iPhone: 47.8M A vs. 47.79M PZ E
    iPad: 22.9M A vs. 22.84M PZ E
    Mac: 4.1M A vs. 5.32M PZ E
    iPod: 12.7M A vs. 10.78M PZ E
    Gross Margins: 38.6% A vs. 37.6% PZ E
    International Saes: 61% A vs. 61% PZ E
    I nailed the revenue, iPhone, iPad, international and margins but my opex was decently off.

Stock is selling off despite these solid earnings.
    Jan 23, 2013. 04:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Ex-Dividend REITs To Avoid [View article]
    Personally I would avoid any type of real estate equity with such a premium when you can have such political risk facing real estate. Additionally, uncertainty surrounding healthcare reform adds another degree of risk. I ask, why bother, especially when there are cheaper alternatives for the yield.
    Jan 14, 2013. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Ex-Dividend REITs To Avoid [View article]
    I noticed the oversight shortly after publication. I appologize for the oversight in the title - the article template was based off of my traditional mREIT analysis and I missed updating the title. Underlying analysis is still accruate. Thank you for the comment.
    Jan 14, 2013. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Ex-Dividend REITs To Avoid [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Article title is being updated.
    Jan 14, 2013. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL) has cut iPhone 5 component orders for calendar Q1 due to weaker-than-expected demand, sources tell the WSJ; display orders are said to be cut by ~50%. The Nikkei also claims display orders have been halved, albeit from an elevated level of 65M. The articles back up analyst reports of iPhone production and component order cuts, and raise the question of whether Apple needs a cheaper iPhone and/or one with a larger display to bolster its international share. Suppliers on watch: LPL, CRUS, OVTI, QCOM, BRCM, SWKS, TQNT, AVGO[View news story]
    As others have pointed out, the numbers do not add up. Looks like the standard speculative rumors relating to Apple reducing orders after its largest quarter.
    Jan 13, 2013. 10:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nvidia: What The Heck Happened? [View article]
    I agree that shield was appropriate for the venue; however, Nvidia should not have dedicated any resources to creating a device that ultimately destroys shareholder value.
    Jan 12, 2013. 03:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nvidia: What The Heck Happened? [View article]
    I am long Nvidia and find the stock attractively valued, but I see Project Shield adding no value to the stock. If video game leaders such as Sony and Nintendo are having difficulty selling dedicated hand-held gaming consoles, what makes Nvidia think they will have any luck?

At best this is a platform to showcase its new processor and I hope the firm gets back to its core competencies or I will have to reconsider my ownership.
    Jan 12, 2013. 01:35 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Must Read Information On Popular REITs For 2013 [View article]
    As included in another comment, the screener was not designed for analyzing REITs exclusively. When it was developed I was interested in attractively valued equities and occasionally REITs slide in. I am hesitant to utilize any non-GAAP metric when analyzing companies but you are correct that FFO is commonly used.

Thank you for the comment.
    Jan 12, 2013. 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Must Read Information On Popular REITs For 2013 [View article]
    Hi Brad,

Thank you for your comment. I utilized a weekly ex-dividend screen and P/E is a criteria, thus it is listed above - this explains why I am examining these equities. As you can from the article I only mention P/E when comparing these REITs against the S&P 500 and I acknowledge that P/E is less meaningful metric for REITs (I would argue that there is "some" value). I do not use FFO or any other non-GAAP metric as they are far too susceptible to manipulation or "fudging". I primarily focus on premium/discount to NAV.

Thank you again for the article and comment.
    Jan 12, 2013. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nvidia: Cash Rich And Poised For A Rebound [View article]
    Thank you all for the comments.

Nvidia has been somewhat volatile but is currently essentially unchanged since the date of this article; however, the call options written have declined approximately 81%. Despite the stock remaining flat, the position has increased 3.4% plus an approximate .6% quarterly dividend payment coming soon.

Have a nice weekend all.
    Jan 11, 2013. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yielding Stocks Going Ex-Dividend This Week [View article]
    Thank you for the comment niuecon.

The Olive Garden typo has been corrected.
    Jan 9, 2013. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy Apple Before The Consumer Electronics Show? [View article]

Of course there is no chance but that will not stop analysts from speculating.
    Jan 8, 2013. 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy Apple Before The Consumer Electronics Show? [View article]
    Thank you for the kind comment. As you mentioned, spreads are not as simple as covered calls and require diligent monitoring. I advocate covered calls as they are easy to understand and serve as a solid "gateway" into more complex option strategies.
    Jan 7, 2013. 10:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment