Paul Zimbardo

View Paul Zimbardo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Is Wrong With Apple? Nothing [View article]
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Apple had its single largest dollar increase on Tuesday and the options mentioned above rallied 30% (July) and 60% (May). Stay vigilant in monitoring the position and thank you for your continued support.
    Apr 18 12:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Not Touch Apple Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    I agree Rocco, these things are more fragile than fine china dishes. This is certainly not a strategy for the faint of heart and I only opened the position because Apple was down so drastically the past five days. I am already looking for an exit point.
    Apr 17 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Not Touch Apple Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    I have no attention hold these options until expiration. You are correct, I went to 700 in May to boost my potential returns and the Julys I went for more safety.
    Apr 17 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Not Touch Apple Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    Rocco you know I am a huge fan but I have to disagree somewhat. I argued that Apple investors were too optimistic last week with the longer term OTM calls when Apple was trading at 620+ but I think they are appropriate now.

I went Long AAPL May 19 2012 700 Calls and Jul 21 2012 620 Calls yesterday on the dip and am confident that they will serve me well. Remember Apple does not have to go to 700 to profit on the OTM calls!
    Apr 17 11:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am NOT Excited About Apple's Share Buyback Plan [View article]
    Because studies have shown that stock options provide greater incentives to employees and better aligns employees interests with shareholders.
    Mar 25 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy Apple Before The iPad 3 Announcement? [View article]
    Correct. Wouldn't it be great if it were 2002 and we could buy Apple with a market cap of $.5B again? Wishful thinking...
    Mar 5 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Buy Apple Before The iPad 3 Announcement? [View article]
    You are correct, I appologize for the typo.
    Mar 5 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Already Puts Its Cash To Work [View article]
    Nothing new in this article, I have been saying this for quite some time now.

You missed the most important statistic from the Q. Apple essentially makes peanuts on its investments - to be specific, it earns 1.02%. Investors can reinvest their potential Apple dividends elsewhere at a much higher rate.
    Jan 29 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings News: Apple Has Become Its Own Asset Class [View article]
    Great headline. I have been saying for years that all investors need to have some AAPL exposure.
    Jan 24 11:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Apple Before Q1 Earnings [View article]
    Anyone who says that an investment has no downside risk will always be 100% wrong. Even the safest CDs that are guaranteed face the risk of inflation.
    Jan 23 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Apple Before Q1 Earnings [View article]
    Also, SA provides transcripts usually the same night for those who are unable to be on the call.
    Jan 23 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Apple Before Q1 Earnings [View article]
    You are correct - I apologize for the oversight. I should have relied on Apple's PR team rather than my broker but the mistake is my own.
    Jan 23 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Poised To Pop On iPad 3 Rumors [View article]
    Lets all not get too optimistic here. Expectations for this quarter are as high as I have seen them in the past couple of years and the bar is going to be set quite high for Apple. Having said that, I still expect banner options but there is nothing wrong with HEDGING by taking some profits now or writing calls.
    Jan 17 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Poised To Pop On iPad 3 Rumors [View article]
    There are certainly many different approaches to options. As my followers know I like to be conservative ahead of earnings and sell calls on 50% of my position and let the rest ride. If someone wants to take the risk of buying the call, I am usually happy to be on the other side of the trade and collect the premium!
    Jan 17 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Apple Lost Its Mojo? [View article]
    This article is alarming for its inaccuracies.

1. “The stock rode this consensus to post solid gains over the last three months.”

The stock is down .5% in the last three months. There have been no recent solid gains

2. “The new CEO, Tim Cook, dominated a news cycle with his massive $378mm payday”

The majority of the “pay” was for past performance when he was filling in for Steve Jobs as CEO. Furthermore, they are RSUs rather than cash.

3. “The company is partnering with Target”

Apple has relationships with both Wal-Mart and Best Buy – neither of which are luxury retailers

4. “$100B in cash on the balance sheet”

Just not true, there is ~$81.6B in “cash+”
    Jan 15 02:21 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment