Paul Zimbardo

View Paul Zimbardo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Kinder, Gentler Apple [View article]
    First, Exxon would certainly dispute the largest marketcap claim. Also you should spell check the CEOs name...

This report is nothing new, Apple has been issuing similar reports for years. Business as usual at Apple: non-story.
    Jan 15, 2012. 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Expect An iPad Family [View article]
    Interesting article Ed. I do not think we see an iPad Mini at this point in time but I would rule it out. One important difference between the iPod and iPad is that a small form factor on an MP3 player was a positive feature whereas a small form factor on a tablet is commonly perceived as a drawback.
    Jan 14, 2012. 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple To Hit $450 Before iPhone 5 Launch [View article]
    In a "normal" economy with Steve Jobs as CEO I would agree that a 10% increase in ~6 months would be the bare minimum performance. In a volatile election year I think that my outlook that AAPL will surpass its all-time high by greater than 5% is quite optimistic. I perform detailed analyses "under the hood" but I am not one to make lofty proclamations just to grab the headlines such as predict that Apple will hit $600 or $1,000. I like to go in small steps, lets hit $450 then we can talk further.

And yes, this week scenarios 2 and 3 are identical because the SMA and closing price on Friday were identical as the chart indicates. For further information please use the sensitivity analysis.

Thanks for the comment!
    Jan 3, 2012. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish Apple Strategies For The End Of 2011 [View article]
    As stated in the disclosure I am long Apple.
    Dec 28, 2011. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish Apple Strategies For The End Of 2011 [View article]
    You are right with your last comment - it is about appearance rather than performance. If you are a proclaimed technology expert do you want to show that you are long RIMM or long AAPL? Regardless of past performance, it is always a little scary to see that your manager holds stocks that performed so poorly last year.
    Dec 28, 2011. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apps Are Media [View article]
    Interesting article but where is the "actionable investment advice?" Do you have a recommendation for Apple?
    Dec 27, 2011. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do On February 24, 2012? [View article]
    "In fact, early holiday sales reports indicate that 7-inch tablet sales growth has exceeded 9.7-inch models, and that more 7-inch tablets were purchased in November of 2011 and possibly also in December. The popularity of 7-inch models may compel Apple to enter the sub-category, possibly offering an iPad mini."

This statement is misleading. Firstly, this rumor pertained with tablet orders by the producers, rather than sales to consumers. Secondly, the drawdown was attributed to Apple slowing orders for the iPad 2 while waiting to start production of the iPad 3. Since Amazon has not released sales figures it is very difficult to speculate that the iPad is losing marketshare.

Dec 26, 2011. 04:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Buy Apple Stock For Christmas [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. Firstly, a buy-write does mean that you are buying the stock. Every strategy that I include in this article as well as all of my recent articles on Apple is bullish.

A buy-write is bullish.
    Selling a put is bullish.
    Buying a long call is bullish.

Please let me know where I mention a bearish strategy and I will gladly request that it is corrected. Lastly, SA editors have the final say in article titles. I feel that the article is appropriately titled as I personally own Apple and present bullish strategies for the stock.
    Dec 19, 2011. 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cook's Apple A Hardware Company Again [View article]
    The logic is flawed. So if the $350B Apple acquires a $.5B hardware company suddenly Apple is a hardware company? What if Apple acquires Starbucks, does it suddenly become a beverage company?
    Dec 15, 2011. 12:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Economy Has You Down? Buy Apple [View article]
    I would also buy Apple hand-over-fist at 330 but I think the odds of seeing Apple that low are extremely slim.
    Nov 22, 2011. 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Was Apple Down 4% Last Week? [View article]
    Apple did also come out with dramaticly new updates to existing product line such as the iPod Nano, iPod Touch, MacBook Air, etc.
    Nov 16, 2011. 08:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Was Apple Down 4% Last Week? [View article]
    Some good points have been mentioned but even if Apple's growth rate falls to 20% (which I find unlikely), you still have a company growing at a very respectable rate in a down economy and a PE in the low teens.
    Nov 15, 2011. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Can Double [View article]
    This is just not true. Apple said earlier this week that “this is a procedural issue, and has nothing to do with the merits of the case, it does not affect our ability to sell products or do business in Germany at this time.”

Nov 12, 2011. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Can Double [View article]
    Book value can be useful for some types of companies but provides less value for companies that rely on innovation and intangibles to create value. For example, Apple's brand value is no where to be found on the financial statements.
    Nov 8, 2011. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Can Double [View article]
    Thanks for the great comment! My number one question when people ask me about Apple is 'are you diversified'? As much as I love Apple you cannot go significantly overweight in any stock.
    Nov 8, 2011. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment