Paul Zimbardo

View Paul Zimbardo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple Can Double [View article]
    I do not think Apple will double anytime soon but I do not think it is that extreme to think that Apple could double in ten years or so.
    Nov 8, 2011. 08:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Can Double [View article]
    I do not understand your logic in comparing Apple and IBM as both operate in entirely different businesses. Also the YTD performance difference is only about one percent. Furthermore, Apple has significantly outperformed IBM if you expand the time frame.
    Nov 8, 2011. 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Can Double [View article]
    Excellent point. I have read analysis saying that Apple stores are selling out of virtually all models of the phone everyday.
    Nov 8, 2011. 08:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: 3 Possible Option Scenarios [View article]
    Thanks for the comment as always - you will get there in time. Even if you do not have the capital it is great to look at potential trading ideas just to stay sharp and learn a stock's patterns.
    Nov 1, 2011. 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Went Wrong With Apple's Quarter? [View article]
    Until battery life improves, Apple made the right move in my opinion by holding off on 4G. Everyone I know who has a 4G phone keeps it disabled most of the time so the phone will last a full day.
    Oct 24, 2011. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Went Wrong With Apple's Quarter? [View article]
    Hi Glen, thanks for the reply.

I do not mean to disparage iCloud, Siri, etc. as they are great software from my limited uses of them so far. Apple hires the best in the world so I expect the software/hardware to be ready within one year. I know that is a strict timetable but Apple has effectively established it through its past actions and it should be able to live up to it.

I can justifiably be disappointed in Apple's short-term performance (but excuse it due to my perceived complications due to Jobs' health) and bullish on the long term prospects.
    Oct 21, 2011. 12:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    Interest is sub 1% so it would take a VERY long time.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    As discussed above, I would gladly boost employee morale by letting the employees benefit. Share repurchases have numerous proven benefits such as being more direct, tax efficient, and reversible to name a few. I not concerned by a few extra pennies of EPS dilution when you have the ability to keep your workforce highly motivated.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    Yes, about 2/3rds is offshore so will likely not leave unless we get that 5% tax holiday.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    You do not create the best products without the best workers. You do not have the best workers without offering highly competitive compensation packages.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    The last time I checked a couple of quarters ago Apple was only generating .75% on these investments. With Apple's rate of growth why wouldn't you rather them repurchase their own stock?
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    NFLX has no real value to acquirers because its primary asset is its content library, which would likely have to be renegotiated by anyone would buy Netflix.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Apple Do With Its $81.6 Billion Cash Stockpile? [View article]
    Would a $1/sh dividend really attract new investors to the stock? I do not think so.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Went Wrong With Apple's Quarter? [View article]
    The only true new technologies in the iPhone 4S are the larger battery and camera, if you want to call that new technology in the first place. The screen, hard drive, RAM, glass, etc. are all the same. The A5 chip is from the iPad 2. Do not get me wrong, I bought an iPhone 4S on Day 1 but this phone should not have taken an amazing company like Apple 18 months to release.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Went Wrong With Apple's Quarter? [View article]
    I give Apple all the credit in the world for crushing analysts estimates in the past so they justifiably should be punished for failing to meet the estimates. Is this a long-term problem? Likely not, but Apple is NOT perfect and the analysts were justified in there 20M iPhone prediction as mentioned above.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment