Paul Zimbardo

View Paul Zimbardo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Went Wrong With Apple's Quarter? [View article]
    First every publicly traded US company is required to report quarterly numbers in a 10Q.

Secondly, last quarter Apple sold over 20M iPhones so it was perfectly reasonable for that analysts to forecast sales in the same region for the 4th Quarter.
    Oct 19, 2011. 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Isn't 'Too Risky' Without Jobs [View article]
    How so? I critically analyzed whether or not Steve was the primary factor driving Apple's success and I came to the conclusion of no. Perhaps Jobs contributed to 25% of Apple's success but I am sure that it can continue for at least the next few years.
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Return To $400 By Year's End [View article]
    I have also done some checks at Apple/AT&T stores and they did have availability for various models, notably the 64GB version. Since AT&T and Sprint have already announced blockbuster sales I have no concerns regarding iPhone 4S sales.
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Return To $400 By Year's End [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words Robert. I have always been a fan of yours and really enjoyed the Apple article from today. Keep up the great work as well!

Paul
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Return To $400 By Year's End [View article]
    There is no reason to split or not to split the stock right now besides for behavioral finance reasons. More retail investors could be attracted which is a plus but would it really have a material impact on the stock? Who knows.

A dividend could definitely help the stock as it would attract a new type of investor to the stock but Apple does not have the cash surplus to generate a dividend that will be large enough for dividend investors.
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Return To $400 By Year's End [View article]
    I am not embarrassed by my article at all, my prediction was quite accurate. I never stated that the low or high scenarios are absolute ceilings because that would be rather silly. I try to be conservative to protect my capital.
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Return To $400 By Year's End [View article]
    My prediction was still accurate. The objective of selling calls is to generate frequent modest profits of a few percent week after week.
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Know Your Options To Profit From Apple's Coming Rebound [View article]
    Yes, looks like you have already made a tidy little profit. Congrats!
    Oct 16, 2011. 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Apple Going Into The iPhone 4S Release Date [View article]
    "I think the big downer is why would existing iPhone users buy it to show off when a year from now iPhone 5 comes out with a new casing and makes you look like you clearly can't afford the nicer form factor."

If someone cares about showing off that badly they will simply by the iPhone 4S and then upgrade to the iPhone 5 next year.
    Oct 8, 2011. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple Options Ahead Of iPhone Release [View article]
    1. I stated that "While the details of the iPhone launch are growing more definitive, the specifications of the actual product are still up for debate" thereby I acknowledge that any specifications are based on rumors. It should be quite clear that any product details are rumors until Apple officially announces them.

2. Apple will bump the specs of the low-end iPhone for numerous reasons but the primary ones are to further streamline the supply chain and further compete with Android phones.

3. You state that "traders should not bank on this as a catalyst to the stock price"; however, it is a lock that Apple will release at least one iPhone and the earnings from that future device WILL drive earnings for the next year. You can wait until Apple makes the announcement and miss potential profits or have some gusto and take an intelligent risk.
    Sep 26, 2011. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Not In The Dow... And Should Not Be [View article]
    All that is necessary is for Apple to split 4:1 or even 10:1 and there is no reason why Apple should not be included in the Dow

Sep 21, 2011. 01:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Ripe For Option Trades [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. While it is certainly true that Apple has outperformed the broader market for the past few years, it is still very rare for even Apple to outperform by greater than five percent in a week. Usually one or two percent is more "reasonable".
    Sep 17, 2011. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Ripe For Option Trades [View article]
    Actually it is not that common. If you check my articles from the past month you can check out an analysis I did of Apple's volatility since June. In short, Apple has been swinging by more than 10 points almost every week and it is rare for Apple to outperform so significantly in a week.
    Sep 13, 2011. 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Ripe For Option Trades [View article]
    Yes you do need to be cautious with the volatile macro factors shaking Apple in the wind. Long term you should be fine with Apple but you do need to be careful.
    Sep 13, 2011. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Ripe For Option Trades [View article]
    This trade could work but I always like to be defensive around earnings announcements, especially for Apple because you can see the stock flounder. Often it appears that Apple surges the week before the announcement but does not move dramatically when considering the entire earnings week.
    Sep 13, 2011. 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment