Paul Zimbardo

View Paul Zimbardo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix: Is Now The Time To Sell? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Bill. That can attribute to a portion but the paid subs declined less than expected due to more inactivity. The DVD business is a cash cow but it is particularly fragile in that small changes in usage can have large impacts on margins.
    Feb 1, 2013. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Bulls Don't Get It [View article]
    Very solid article Bill. The thesis is so simple that I am surprised more investors do not come to the same conclusion.
    Dec 11, 2012. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Hits New 52 Week Low: What's Next? [View article]
    Look at the rate of subscriber loss for the DVD business. Consumers prefer online streaming over physical media.
    Aug 6, 2012. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Hits New 52 Week Low: What's Next? [View article]
    The DVD business will essentially be dead in two to three years so that is a moot point.

The Netflix interface is looking long in the tooth compared to competitors such as Hulu Plus.
    Aug 5, 2012. 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    I have about five articles on different stocks in the pipeline, hardest part is finding the time to write them now! Eagerly anticipating your next articles as well
    Oct 26, 2011. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    Thank you again. I do agree that Netflix can go lower but after hitting a huge winner like this I like to take my profits off the table, let things cool down, and re-evaluate later. Personally I find it too tempting to get overly aggressive. Without throughly analyzing I agree that the 2013 LEAPS are the way to go, perhaps in the 50 strike range.
    Oct 25, 2011. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    My hat is off to you as well! I think we all hit different angles with great skill that throughly covered every aspect of the story.
    Oct 25, 2011. 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    Hi J - always happy to help my fellow investors! Going against a high flying stock can be risky but when you get it right you really reap the rewards.
    Oct 25, 2011. 08:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    Congrats! A few more like this and you will have your Apple calls outright!
    Oct 25, 2011. 08:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Earnings Disaster, Calling The Short Of The Century [View article]
    I second that NFLX is not a buy here but I would take my profit on the puts/shorts and let things settle down a bit. Companies rarely go straight down into oblivion and there will definitely be some large upticks along the way.

Hard to argue with 50%+ profits, especially because most who followed our advice have grand slams.
    Oct 25, 2011. 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    After-hours NFLX is down over $30 (-26%). The stock is down nearly $45 since my first call, I hope you listened!
    Oct 24, 2011. 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Netflix Will Not Be Acquired [View article]
    Hi Liqddynamite,

Glad to see that you picked up on the comment I made in the previous article. This is the 500lb gorilla in the room that is often neglect regarding Netflix. Not that anyone would really want to acquire a dysfunctional company, but they essentially cannot because it has no real value.

Nice work.

Paul
    Oct 19, 2011. 09:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. As you know I really enjoyed your first article on Netflix and I am looking forward to reading more of your work!
    Oct 16, 2011. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    On the other hand, if competitors are not entering the market it could be a signal that the market is not as attractive as you might think...
    Oct 16, 2011. 10:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Shorting Netflix - There Is Still Money To Be Made [View article]
    "Content will not come cheap or quickly for anyone who wants to play in this space because you have to prove you can both deliver it, protect it, and pay for it all at the same time."

All of the names I have discussed can do this, especially Amazon, Apple, Google, and Microsoft.

"Yeah, they had a blip... but the damage which was artificially created against it through naked shorting and price manipulation will reverse as the buybacks are starting to occur."

I agree with Bill D that it was hardly a blip. I suggest taking a detailed critical look at why Netflix dropped rather than blaming short selling and "price manipulation".
    Oct 16, 2011. 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment