Paulo Santos

View Paulo Santos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Tallying Up Model S Sales Up To August And Its Implications [View article]
    Those companies don't have expectations built into them of expanded demand for models which have peaked ...
    Sep 17 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    2011 ...
    Sep 17 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Model S demand in NA is not at an all time high, and not even TSLA claims it is ...
    Sep 17 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Good News For Amazon [View article]
    Gary didn't talk about a boost in quarterly retail sales. He talked about a boost in the rate of growth of those same sales due to the holiday, which makes no sense...
    Sep 17 01:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    The point is not about YHOO losing value, but instead about YHOO trading at a discount to whatever value exists in it.
    Sep 17 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    It won't necessarily be bought, but we will soon see if this thesis works or not. I, too, understand the value angle which you speak about.
    Sep 17 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    While the kind of arbitrage you talk about will have some influence on YHOO's stock price, driving YHOO higher if BABA goes higher, it's not some kind of pure arbitrage where you can lock in a given return.

My own take is that due to the massive speculation pre-IPO, and the bad YHOO operating performance, the whole thing will trade at a visible discount after the IPO.
    Sep 17 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, I'm open to you bettering any of them.
    Sep 17 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    Other than BABA increasing in value tremendously, I don't think much changed.
    Sep 17 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I designate my own estimates, the source designates whatever it estimated.

I have asked for better sources and will replace numbers if better ones if I am provided with those sources.
    Sep 17 10:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The estimates markets in the table are mine.
    Sep 17 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Good News For Amazon [View article]
    AMZN is not doomed to fail and I haven't said it was, either.

But not being doomed to fail is hardly a reason to say it's worth $155 billion or so, right?
    Sep 17 10:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    I don't think it's likely (for BABA to buy YHOO). I think it would be much more likely for BABA to accelerate its entry into U.S. ecommerce by buying newegg.com or some other small player with an established base.
    Sep 17 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazingly, Yahoo Will Still Do Badly [View article]
    I would expect a small pop as BABA initially surges, yes. Then the troubles begin.
    Sep 17 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    4WD can have a use in winter conditions, though.
    Sep 17 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment