Paulo Santos

View Paulo Santos' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • In The Land Of Irrelevant Numbers, Tesla Puts Down A Stake [View article]
    OMG I asked for it to be changed to "blog post" and am lashing myself 100 times for clearly misrepresenting Saint Elon by stating that this press-directed blog post was a press release instead of a blog post.
    Jul 10 08:15 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Loony Is It Getting? Three Tales From The Deep [View article]
    Might as well create EBAL (Earnings Before All Else), also commonly known as "revenues".
    Aug 13 03:00 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Intel Impossibly Leaky? [View article]
    Oh My God, thanks. I want to dedicate this award to all the readers who voted for me. I wouldn't be here today without your appreciation.
    Jun 13 06:39 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Customer Deposits, North American Demand And The Will To Believe [View article]
    I think whoever says anything negative ought to be shot. That's the ticket.
    May 8 12:56 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: We've Got Some Numbers For February [View article]
    tduong, the February and YTD numbers for those markets are NOT guesses ... what made you think that? Your faith?
    Mar 10 02:31 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon.com Losing Relative Market Share To Wal-Mart And Google [View article]
    You aren't buying it at $5 in 1997. You are buying it now, at $368.
    Nov 15 07:03 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Concede Defeat In Amazon.com [View article]
    inkyx, so WMT, MSFT, CSCO, INTC and hundreds of other growth stocks of the past were not breaking new ground? Why were they investing and having profits, and AMZN can't?
    Oct 25 11:10 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Concede Defeat In Amazon.com [View article]
    The thesis was not based on the P/E ... the initial P/E just served as a base. The thesis was based on the Street expecting high and increasing earnings, and me expecting low and decreasing earnings down to a point where AMZN could even post a loss in a quarter - something entirely unexpected back in 2011.

Investment is not a valid excuse for completely destroying earnings over 3-4 years.
    Oct 25 09:25 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Buy Of The Decade [View article]
    Long GAZ is an uninformed trade. GAZ is trading at a 44% premium to its intrinsic value, makes no sense to buy it.
    Jun 15 04:39 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Thing Is Odd [View article]
    These aren't metrics. If the thing is relevant to push the stock up 10%, then the thing is relevant to at least take away those 10% when it COMPLETELY bombs.

And sure, it's a bubble so it doesn't REALLY have to act like that - but then again, the analysts are dishonest for not saying out loud that the thing is selling at 1/10th the rate they expected. This is not the thing missing by 20% or 30% their expectations. This is the thing missing by 9/10ths.
    Aug 19 06:43 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Do You Like Them Textiles? [View article]
    Sure, textiles and paper are very useful as well.

But that doesn't change the facts that the economics are looking ugly.
    Jul 29 08:13 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Acquiring A Fad - Not Quality - And That Is Troubling [View article]
    If Apple was going to make it better, why buy Beats? The point is that to buy expertise, Beats seems the wrong choice.
    May 9 11:09 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest Developments In The Amazon.com Saga [View article]
    There's no doubt that the stock went heavily against me, 6034700. I recognize as much, the bubble got massive here.

But I was right on what was going to happen to AMZN's earnings. I am STILL right about that. AMZN has been suffering from an earnings and earnings estimate angle for 4 years now.

If not for the Fed, AMZN would never have gotten to $400. Not with a 4-year earnings implosion it wouldn't.
    Apr 28 09:48 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon.com: The Mix Matters And Explains Most Of The Profit Implosion [View article]
    This not about the numbers, this is about faith, right Gary?
    Aug 23 02:52 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Further Signs Of Demand Weakness Now Hit The iPad Mini [View article]
    The reaction to the article is showing me that the bullish positioning in Apple is probably still excessive. That's worrisome.

The article itself is just pointing out that now AAPL is also selling the iPad mini at a discount in WMT. That's something new.
    Apr 9 07:47 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment