Peakview Research

View Peakview Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Shorting Apple is like running at full spead, head first, into a brick wall - a brick wall of cash that is.
    Mar 18 03:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Akamai Is Now A Sell [View article]
    Yes, I've been noticing this trend with this author too... I haven't found a single article that added any value.
    Mar 18 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons From Virgin Media Buyout [View article]
    I'll break the silence by just stating the obvious - this is a really poorly written article with very weak reasoning by authors who are apparently misguided. You should talk about more fundamental factors that investors care about.

Take this article for example: http://seekingalpha.co...

I recommend you read more thought out articles like the one above. Keep up the good effort though, you'll get there one day! Let me know if you have any questions regarding investing - I'll be happy to help. Best of luck.
    Mar 18 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    I've worked in China and I think you are spot on. Somebody got paid by Samsung. Samsung fights dirty, that's for sure.
    Mar 18 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great insight!
    Mar 18 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    I believe this will happen since there are multiple models for every other Apple product. When it does happen, the media will probably act surprised.
    Mar 18 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Always great to hear from experts!
    Mar 18 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    I was being a bit of tongue-in-cheek when I said their products stink ; )
    Mar 18 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Buffett advised Cook that the best thing you can do for shareholder is to run the company well. You can't run a company well if you are concerned about the feelings of speculators!
    Mar 18 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Great comment. I believe Apple margins will compress a bit, but given the market as a whole is growing so fast, cash flow should remain strong.
    Mar 18 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Samsung is sort of like Hyundai: they lure you in with great specs (recall Hyundai's false advertisement regarding their MPG) and a good price, then you regret buying it and swear never to buy another product made by them. This is why people buying Samsung products are switching the Apple.
    Mar 18 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    I agree! I love how short-term traders believe they can manage Apple better than Apple's management, and just how quickly they give up on the company. I'm really hoping for depressed shares and Apple hitting the gas peddle on share buybacks. Per today's speculation, dividends would be nice too, but I prefer the former.
    Mar 18 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Thanks for reading! Lookings like the market might be changing its view on Apple. I'm not sure why the possible increase in dividend is driving up shares so much since obviously Apple has to do something with all those billions - it is a given that distributions will increase sooner or later!
    Mar 18 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Thanks for following! Actually, I take it back that you have not contributed anything. Indeed you have contributed to my to my thinking and new SA policy: do not engage in flame wars; respond only to readers who has added something of value; ignore trolls. It was nicing fanning the flame, but I'll just end it right here ; )
    Mar 18 02:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    The issue with margins is that it is nearly impossible to replicate the margins of the old given the extra week in the year + the relatively tame competition. I suspect margins will compress going forward, but AAPL is in a very fast growing market which it is a leader in. I'm satisified with cash flow generation.
    Mar 18 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment