Peakview Research

View Peakview Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Greetings Toucalit Benton or Art Papartassee,

I remain confused by your lack of point here. You are certainly right that you are "lacking credentials", and I'll take your advice to view your comments as for "entertainment" only. Since you questioned my qualifications in another comment, and since I write annoymously, I'll disclose that I am a young investment professional with experience trading derivatives and making private equity investments, hold a CFA, and graduated from an Ivy with honors. Go take your condesending and snide comments elsewhere if you are unwilling to add anything of substance, which I have requested multiple times.

Best regards.
    Mar 18 01:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    I'd be interesting to see the short-term price flucutions going forward. With the recent upswing, who knows what magical resistence level this has broken and Super-Dupper buy signal this has triggered. Only a short while ago analysts thought AAPL would be the first Trillion Dollar Company.
    Mar 18 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    We are all playing a game here, I'm just saying not to let the short-term swings dictate your action and to play based on fundamental rules.

I'm not sure what your issue is here, so it'd be great if you and expand on it.

I'm not against holding a stock that has a huge cash position, huge cash generation, pays a competitive dividend, has a credible share repurchase plan, holds market leadership with loyal customers, zero debt, has strong global distribution, etc. You sound sour because the stock price has dropped - that is the only thing I can gather from your comment. I'm not responsible for nor could I speak for shareholders who bought at 700 not being happy at the share action - I was only interested in APPL at $450. I would suggest you invest in some Amazon - better action there :)
    Mar 18 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Unfortunately, I don't agree with your statement that "The market is an efficient discounting mechanism", at least not in the short-term which this article is referring to.

People take long and short positions in the market, and somebody is right and somebody is wrong - there is no reason or evidence that the margin trade price (which establishes the price) is the correct one. If you're an investor and not a speculator, you don't think about buying or selling your shares based Bill Miller's interview, or whether AAPL will release the TV this quarter or the next. If you are deeply concerned about these things, you are a speculator.
    Mar 18 11:08 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    I'm sure this is on their mind, shuying. The company had a Beijing office a few years back, but I don't know what happened to it.
    Mar 10 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    Thanks for the awesome insight, Bob! Appreciate it!
    Mar 10 12:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Damn Right: Behind The Scenes With Berkshire Hathaway Billionaire Charlie Munger [View article]
    Really enjoy your article, Chris.
    Mar 8 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    I'm buying LF as a long-term investor. If they start pulling financial engineering stunts, I will sell on the bounce. Shortterimism is a serious diease afflicting Wall Street.
    Mar 8 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    Why would do we that? I'd rather play you in a game of poker - at least there is more skills involved in poker playing than guessing where the stock price will be in a few months.

Also, I'm pretty sure my article lifted the stock by 2.45% today vs. less than 50 bps for the broader market. Right? Right?
    Mar 8 05:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    That is one points that I did not mention, but was an important part of my consideration. The insider ownership is decent, and the executives work for Oracle's Ellison and Mike Milken of junk bond fame, which leads me to believe that the firm's failures were due to bad execution rather than management pillaging shareholders.
    Mar 8 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    I'm not an expert on pricing and will leave it with the experts at LF. However, to me at least, I wouldn't mind paying $15 for an app that my children can productively interact with for tens of hours. I would not for the the sake of saving $14 give my children a crappy eduational app to lead them astray. Many parents seem to agree with me.

However, if you search for leapfrog on your iPad or iPhone, you will find many competitively priced apps on there.
    Mar 8 04:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    Thanks for reading! I like that you are a disciplined divs investor.
    Mar 8 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    I've read comments on message boards, and of course there are many different views. Some parents express that LF apps are too expensive, but hey, you can't get them all. However, a good portion of the parents said they compare LF apps to children's books and classes, so they don't mind paying $7 - $25 a pop. If you have discretionary income and you care about quality, that price range is no big deal because its an investment, not a play thing. i.e. Private tutoring cost 40-70 per hour and this is a crazy amount for some parents, but there are those who are very willing to pay for it. You focus on the market you can capture. The cavet here is the assumption that LF is of high quality vs. the 99 cent apps, and I am very confident there is a quality difference (just read what parents say online!).

Thanks for commenting!
    Mar 8 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    Oh, what you said about China is true for every product, including Apple stores (yes, a really large fake Apple store has been uncovered).

I worked in China professionally for a bit, and Chinese people have lots of discretionary income (its easy to spend money you embezzled :) and they are NOT afraid to pay up for premium western brands. That's why the luxury market in China is so awesome. LF products are premium products in the toy industry. I like to joke with my Chinese colleagues that "it must sell well because it is expensive!"

Thanks for the insight on your belief in the executive team. Can you share how you came to that conclusion? I'd like to know how to find out, because I've always been skeptical of word of mouth rave reviews.
    Mar 8 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Toy Story For Every Investor [View article]
    Hey dude, I've decided expand my argument with you in a separate article: http://bit.ly/XWZ6DU

Would you come and bash my brains out in the comment section?

I didn't do more research, but just wanted to put my readings together from memory into an article form.
    Mar 8 05:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment